[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Riddle me this /g/. I screwed in some LED lightbulbs in my bathroom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: LEDfilamentLightBulbE27.jpg (99 KB, 800x1201) Image search: [Google]
LEDfilamentLightBulbE27.jpg
99 KB, 800x1201
Riddle me this /g/. I screwed in some LED lightbulbs in my bathroom and they keep pulsing when the light's switched off, do I call an exorcist?
>>
GET THE FUCK OUTTA THERE DAWG, YO HOUSE IS HAUNTED!!!
>>
got a dimmer switch?
>>
>>52363930
If you had gone to /diy/ then perhaps someone would have explained that because when you switch off your light switch the switched wire is allowed to float rather than tied to neutral small currents are induced in the wire from other power cables close by.
Because of the stupidly efficient power supply in the bulb required to produce a voltage that the led
LEDs can actually use the stay energy is stored up until the is enough to power the lamp. As soon as the lamp strikes the energy is used up almost immediately and so the lamp turns of again and starts charging again.
There are ways around it but I wouldn't advise it unless you know what you are doing.

Since you came to /g/ please hold while I find the appropriate unhelpful meme shitpost for you...
>>
>>52364029
I completely forgot about /diy/, apologies.

>There are ways around it but I wouldn't advise it unless you know what you are doing.
Is there any harm in leaving it as-is? I don't mind it since it's in the bathroom so it won't bother me much...
>>
>>52363946
this
>>
>>52364060

First option is to replace your switch, if you have 2-way switches, dimmers, or an illuminated switch.

Second option is to check your wiring runs.
>>
>>>/x/
>>
>>52363930
You just need to install Gentoo, desu.
>>
I have some small low wattage led candle bulbs In a hallway fan, they are always on. They get dim when you turn off the switch, but they remain on.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoRXhS7vlU
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.