[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I had a crossfire r9 390 rig. And the last catalyst drivers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 20151206_123930.jpg (782 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20151206_123930.jpg
782 KB, 2048x1152
So I had a crossfire r9 390 rig. And the last catalyst drivers successfully bricked them. I'm totally fucking pissed. I want to return them but I know I can't so I am gonna rma them. Should I sell them once they get back? And if so what card should I invest in? I was hoping this was gonna be my 4k rig eventually.

But yeah. When did shit die for you? I had them for 3 and 4 months
>>
>>52359185
Buy the best card that the best manufacturer currently has for sale.
The NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti is the only valid option.
>>
>>52359200
>Not 2x fury x
>>
>>52359200
I don't want to buy the current Nvidia forerunner just to have the fury drivers shit all over the current performance in a few months
>>
File: 1373555528379.png (76 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1373555528379.png
76 KB, 450x450
>>52359185
Drivers bricked your rig?
>>
>>52359222
Funny
>>
>>52359229
It's not unheard of.
>>
>>52359222
You mean the drivers that bricked your current setup?
Stop being a peasant, join the green team. Upgrade to NVidia and start playing the way it's meant to be played.
>>
>>52359185

I've got a 390 - what exactly caused them to brick?
>>
>>52359293
AMD's incompetence in the driver department, obviously.
>>
>>52359229
it can happen

that's where the AMD housefire driver meme comes from. It isnt bullshit.
>>
>>52359229
Didn't you hear about AMD's card killing drivers some time back?
>>
>>52359281
>The way it's meant to be played
>Using the company slogan
>Get back to work fucking shill
>>
>>52359281
I had 2 760s so I am falling back on that for the time being.
>>
>>52359185
you have that gtx 970 sitting over there
>>
>>52359369
>this mad AMD can't compete
>>
>>52359383
That's a motherboard. 970 chipset
>>
>>52359281
This. Nvidia is the quality side. AMD is budget gaming for trailer trash.
>>
What makes you think your cards are bricked and not a shitty msi mobo just dying?
>>
>>52359453
I switched motherboards and I still get no picture.
>>
File: ishygddt[1].jpg (23 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ishygddt[1].jpg
23 KB, 600x600
>>52359414
>he bought an all-AMD rig
>>
>>52359470
I assume you switched everything aside the graphics cards and tested them one by one because that will be the first time i hear anyone bricking their mobo with a driver update
>>
File: 1240022121881.jpg (167 KB, 691x922) Image search: [Google]
1240022121881.jpg
167 KB, 691x922
>>52359478
>Nvidia likes their he'll to be cool and refreshing
>>
>>52359495
I tried a new mobo, new cpu, new psu, and I never get picture when my 390 is in. Whenever I use another configuration with my 760 I get picture
>>
I will always buy Nvidia™ because I only play games The Way It's Meant to be Played™. Nvidia also pioneers innovative new technologies like PhysX™, Gameworks™ and the highest quality driver to ever grace Windows.
When I boot up with a brand new Nvidia™ Geforce™, I can experience the game just like it's mean to be played. Nvidia™ also delivers a far more silkysmooth experience.
Nvidia Geforce™ is also very power efficient. A graphic card is the most power hungry device in your house. Refrigerators, air conditioners, water heaters, dish washers, lights, etc all use significantly less power than a graphic card. Which is why Nvidia™ puts gamers first by ensuring that their gaming experience is of the highest quality while looking out for gamers by giving them the most value in their electrical bill.
At this point in time, there's really no reasons to consider an AMD graphic card at all. I tried one one time, it caused so much heat that it exploded. It also consumed so much power that it gave on an EMP and destroyed the rest of my computer.
Nvidia™ also pioneered how useless GPGPU is with CUDA™. Years ago, everyone thought GPGPU, CUDA™, and OpenCL were the future. Now, Nvidia™ has removed those useless features from their GPUs and increased efficiency. Now you can save thousands a year in electricity thanks to Nvidia™ ensuring that useless features like GPGPU are "optimized" for gamers.
It's quite clear that OP's an AMD shill trying to convince you to settle on something less than The Way It's Mean to be Played™. Nvidia™ is the only real way to play games. We have seen recently that they offer incredible libraries for software developers like Nvidia Gameworks. He is probably too poor to afford the Nvidia Geforce Experience and can not afford to play any games The Way It's Mean To be Played™.
Don't be a poor gamer with bad drivers and a huge power bill. Play games with the Geforce™ Experience™: The Way It's Mean To Be Played™
>>
I will always buy Nvidia™ because I only play games The Way It's Meant to be Played™. Nvidia also pioneers innovative new technologies like PhysX™, Gameworks™ and the highest quality driver to ever grace Windows.
When I boot up with a brand new Nvidia™ Geforce™, I can experience the game just like it's mean to be played. Nvidia™ also delivers a far more silkysmooth experience.
Nvidia Geforce™ is also very power efficient. A graphic card is the most power hungry device in your house. Refrigerators, air conditioners, water heaters, dish washers, lights, etc all use significantly less power than a graphic card. Which is why Nvidia™ puts gamers first by ensuring that their gaming experience is of the highest quality while looking out for gamers by giving them the most value in their electrical bill.
At this point in time, there's really no reasons to consider an AMD graphic card at all. I tried one one time, it caused so much heat that it exploded. It also consumed so much power that it gave on an EMP and destroyed the rest of my computer.
Nvidia™ also pioneered how useless GPGPU is with CUDA™. Years ago, everyone thought GPGPU, CUDA™, and OpenCL were the future. Now, Nvidia™ has removed those useless features from their GPUs and increased efficiency. Now you can save thousands a year in electricity thanks to Nvidia™ ensuring that useless features like GPGPU are "optimized" for gamers.
It's quite clear that OP's an AMD shill trying to convince you to settle on something less than The Way It's Mean to be Played™. Nvidia™ is the only real way to play games. We have seen recently that they offer incredible libraries for software developers like Nvidia Gameworks. He is probably too poor to afford the Nvidia Geforce Experience and can not afford to play any games The Way It's Mean To be Played™.
Don't be a poor gamer with bad drivers and a huge power bill. Play games with the Geforce™ Experience™: The Way It's Mean To Be Played™
>>
File: 1451944711475.png (404 KB, 10000x10000) Image search: [Google]
1451944711475.png
404 KB, 10000x10000
>>52359185
>>
>>52359859
impressive shilling, I havent seen it before
>>
>>52359309
in what way? did the fans stop. did the chip overvolt? did it run on maximum 3dclock all the time and burnt out?
>>
>>52359293
driver update locked (presumably previously modded) fans at 20% (most cases) heat might damage mobo or other components before the heat control hits in (citation needed)
>>
HIDE NIVIDIA SHILL THREADS
IGNORE NVIDIA SHILLPOSTERS
DO NOT REPLY TO NVIDIA SHILLS
>>
>>52360007
>DO NOT REPLY
well you just fucked up
>>
>>52360023
sage in all fields friendo :^)
>>
>Have r9 280x
>game recording software won't work on raptr
>get 16.1
>works flawlessly once again on csgo
>launch fallout 4
>shit won't
>pissed off since I have to choose between fallout or recording (xdxd lol noscope plays)

Ahem

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52360262
fallout 4 sucks
>>
>>52359332

>that's where the AMD housefire driver meme comes from

No, that comes from reference hawaii.

>>52359345

>Didn't you hear about AMD's card killing drivers some time back?

Apart from one dude on twitter there wasn't any real evidence the drivers bricked cards (as the cards are designed to shutdown when they overheat - something i've physically tested).
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.