[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What comes after the Internet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: internet-of-things-2.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
internet-of-things-2.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
What big technological advancement in information sharing and communication comes after the Internet as we know it? Inb4 IoT, shit's weak.
>>
>>52354613
nice wallpaper family
>>
>>52354613
reddit
>>
>>52354613
Quantum networks.
>>
>>52354648
i just grabbed the first image that jumped out at me in a google search for internet, it's from forbes apparently

>implying res is only 1920x1080
nigga, please.
>>
>>52354701
i am actually on a 1366x768 laptop ... AND that is my only pc
>>
IOT is not a revolution, it's just spamming ethernet or wifi interfaces on everything.
>>
>>52354730
precisely why it's weak
>>
>>52354676
what does that have to do with anything?
>>
IPFS.
>>
>>52354613

The next generation of internet.

One that allows us to telepathically communicate instantly, where our feelings, emotions, and imagination can be felt and seen by others if they so desire.

This reality is coming sooner than most people think. I think it'll become like this once we reach the 2030s.
>>
Urbit, anon
http://urbit.org
>>
>>52355312
>communicate instantly
No.
>>
Linux
>>
>>52355312
Pretty much this. I can see it taking the form of a small device that you wear that enables you to upload and download from the internet. Pretty much Google Now, but with a direct brain interface. And silent. That's the next step.
>>
>singularity comes
>end up dying
Can't wait. It wouldn't surprise me if something like that happens hopefully I'll be old or dead by then anyway
>>
>>52355699
really find it tedious how poor most peoples understanding of AI is
>>
>>52355726
But AI EXPLOSION!!!
Toasters with ARM processors will by infinitely many times smarter than any human!
Your old TI-84 will become infected with the super AI and become smarter than any human!!!!!!!11111111
>>
ipv6
>>
IPv6 gaining a noticeable marketshare

Looking forward to it, no more NAT cancer.
>>
File: rv0SYgG.jpg (73 KB, 1492x1080) Image search: [Google]
rv0SYgG.jpg
73 KB, 1492x1080
>>52355312
Shut the fuck up Char, this isn't the Universal Century. We haven't even reached space yet.
>>
>>52355909
ipv6 only makes it possible to send more data and have more connected devices to what we currently would call an Internet
>>
>>52355909
>ipv6 is now 20 years old.
Any day now..
>>
Augmented reality
>>
>>52356314
nah, that would entail sitting on the backbone which is the internet.

think harder
>>
>>52356276
Right after the year of the Linux desktop and before GNU/hurd
>>
read the book "The Circle" by Dave Eggers. I think you'll like it
>>
File: 1422198110876.jpg (78 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1422198110876.jpg
78 KB, 550x550
>>52355312
this is literally the human instrumentality in evangelion. Not sure if good.
>>
>>52354613

Nothing much really. It would take considerable effort to replace the current networks.

At most we'll see advancements in AI.
>>
IoT is a joke term

it's just to attract normies into buying pointless gimmicks, like the word gaming in front of every piece of hardware ever. The IoT is literally just the internet. The two terms aren't mutually exclusive, they mean the same thing. The internet literally already is an IoT.

sry just had to sperg out there for a moment
>>
some kind of Neuromancer style matrix, with brain interface datajacks. maybe simstim, or even A.I. waifus.
>>
>>52356429
which i
why in this thread we are NOT discussing IoT
>>
>>52354613
we'll we become god-like creatures, or we'll kill between ourselves first
>>
After phonetic writing systems were invented, knowledge (or technology) could be transmitted to people across nations, empires and even time frames. A Greek mathematician, a pagan, could teach a Catholic monk whatever he wanted to know.

This is technology of technology and meant an incredible leap forward.

When the internet (or rather computers, including digital storage as part of this technology) was fully implemented, one person could transmit information to another instantly. Incredible amounts of information could be cached and retrieved by whim.

The true scope of this technological evolution hasn't even been realised.

In short, nothing for the next 1000 years until we start dicking with telepathic communication.
>>
>>52355312
How would a telepathic story be communicated to us?
>>
>>52354613
Nothing.

This is the peak.
>>
>>52356391
>But what I cannot shake, and what hints at things to come, is that thoughts cross back.
>>
>>52356391
As long as we dont turn into tang it should be fine.
>>
The IT revolution is coming to a close but will likely be ended with something related to the next revolution (biomedical) so I'm going to say a more intricate Internet where every single person is connected.

Later when the nano revolution begins we may see all objects in the world being connected as well. So things like lights and doors etc will be connected to your brain wirelessly.
>>
>>52354613
Human Instrumentality Project
>>
>>52356257
>Send more data
How
>>
IPv6 x IPFS

desu senpai

> ipfs.io
>>
Im a time traveler. Ama
>>
>>52354613

Custom protocols
>>
>>52358308
>IPFS
Thaaat sounds like Skynet.
>>
The iPhone
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.