[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that the A8-7600 is the most imouto-friendly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: AMD-Steamroller.jpg (18 KB, 672x371) Image search: [Google]
AMD-Steamroller.jpg
18 KB, 672x371
Can we all agree that the A8-7600 is the most imouto-friendly APU out there?

>perfect for light gaming
>can change the tdp to 45w to reduce fan noise without impacting performance too much
>only ~ 90 bucks
>can be used in a very compact mini-itx case
>>
amd is always shit

never buy amd
>>
>>52354512
Intel CEO spells out how alliance will fight back against online harassment
>>
>>52354512
What would you have us do intelcuck? Buy a plebtinium with a very shitty igpu for our little sister like some kind of savage?
>>
>>52354467
>can change the tdp to 45w to reduce fan noise without impacting performance too much
Because the performance was so poor anyway, you don't notice when it gets even worse.

Really though, AMD's great for price / performance. If you have the money though, there's no reason to buy them at the moment. Which is sad really, I miss the days when it was Intel trying to catch up with AMD.
>>
>>52354467
>giving your imouto AMD
you're a horrible person desu baka senpai
>>
>tfw bought the A8-7650k
>cheaped out on the mobo and I can't overclock (maybe it's just me being dumb, I thought it was possible to change the TDP on this one but my mobo doesn't allow it either).

feels bad man, but it was a great buy. I can play GTA V at ~40fps, CS:GO and Dark Souls 2 runs decently but not extremely good, and Dark Souls runs like shit but it's a fucking horrible port.
It doesn't compile as fast as my previous Intel i5 3470 but it's nothing to be worried about. I have yet to try OpenCL aplications.
>>
>>52354467
>A8-7600 is the most imouto-friendly APU out there?
Can anyone who owns an AMD APU tl;dr me on the current situation with Linux support and Linux drivers.

Is APU driver support as shitty as for their GPUs?
>>
>>52354512
>http://itvision.altervista.org/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html

Have to disagree-- I've been running a 940 black edition for about 4 years and it was a gift from my father who had run it for a few years as well..it were rock solid-- good compatibility with Debian I used it to be running a server when I was at University.

I'd buy AMD again-- granted I have just bought a 6600k to see another side, so it should be a couple more years
>>
>i3 6100 is about the same price
>igpu performs the same as any APU
>CPU single thread performance 2x higher
>Much better multi threaded performance

Why would anyone buy an APU in 2016?
>>
>>52354697
it werks unless you are retarded and trying to actually play games on linux
>>
>>52355050
So the drivers are niggered.
So still intel iGPUs are the best solution.
Funny
>>
>>52354884
> $90 vs $130
>About the same
Intel shills confirmed incapable of comprehending basic numbers
>>
>>52354884
>>i3 6100 is about the same price
It's $120, that's a whopping $30 more

>>igpu performs the same as any APU
intel hd 530 is shit on by the r7 7600 igpu

>>CPU single thread performance 2x higher
More like only ~30%, stop exaggerating

>>Much better multi threaded performance
5% better multi-thread isn't a lot

>Why would anyone buy an APU in 2016?
They make great compact PCs for people who do light gaming, like your little sister might.

This is coming from an intelfag. Even I can clearly see APUs have their place in the world. A little doesn't sound like she'd be interested in playing arma 3 so better single thread performance wouldn't benefit her at all.
>>
>>52355096
>The $130 option has about 50% more IPC performance

AMD shills even worse at comprehending the fact that better things cost more.
>>
The A8-7600 can be passive cooled combine it with a passive cooled PSU too and get a SSD and you will have a 0dB PC.
>>
>>52355179
>>The $130 option has about 50% more IPC performance
Are you brain damaged?
>>
>>52355175
>30%
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-6100-vs-AMD-A8-7600-APU/3511vsm14050
>>
File: comparison.png (82 KB, 957x431) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
82 KB, 957x431
>>52355226
The only reliable synthetic benchmark out there is passmark because of the number of samples used. That i3 only has around 30% better single thread performance like I mentioned.

Also this only helps if you are running arma 3, it will not significantly boost the performance of anything else. You're also forgetting how expensive skylake motherboards are and how shit the igpu on that i3 is.
>>
>>52355096
I bought my FM2+ mobo for 42€ and there's cheaper than that.

Cheapest LGA 1511 mobo I found was 60€.

And you know the iGPU on those Intels is shit. It cannot even run GTA V at 30fps while the APU can.
>>
>>52355384
>The only reliable synthetic benchmark out there is the one that makes AMD not to look like shit

Shill please, AMD currents processors IPC is on par with Core 2 Duos clock per clock speaking.

And any non-k can now overclock past 4 ghz and obliterate anything AMD has to offer.
>>
>>52355215
>are you brain damaged
Benchmark don't lie
>>
>>52355667
I bet you also think the latest exynos ARM processor has desktop i3 performance.
>>
>>52355705
No, but Intel's IPC performance shits on every AMD ever.
Protip: 90+% of all commercial software relies on IPC performance. More cores meme is only for cherrypicked fanboy circlejerking
>>
>>52354467
Will programs that require a dedicated GPU work on an APU? Or does it show up as onboard? For instance Touchdesigner gives an error message if you launch it on an Intel GPU (except for the latest one/s I think), which is annoying because I want to use it for applications that don't actually require any 3d (custom GUI frontend for a DMX lighting system).
>>
>>52355595
the 8350 is 1504 in single core 8958 in multicore
the highest fucking end core2 is 1363 single 4822 multicore
that makes it about equal with intel till sandy bridge, and equal with intel till the 4790 in multicore.
>>
>>52354467
fuck that. A10 or nothing.
>>
>>52354697
Just finished playing saints row 4 on my a10 using free drivers. Performance want great, but it was *usually* bearable.

I'll probably unhook my 270x from the passthrough VM now though, since fallout 4 is now breaking anytime I try to play, and I have no other reason to run the VM. That will give me upwards of 3-5x performance vs the apu.
>>
AMD is completely obsolete at this point. Now that non-K Intel CPUs can be overclocked with a decent motherboard, there is absolutely no reason for anyone to ever buy anything from AMD ever again.
>>
>>52354467
If they ever update am1 I'll get a new AMD chip. If they don't I guess I'll have to buy a new motherboard to go with my new AMD chip I'll be buying a few years down the road instead.

Will never buy from Intel...fuck SJW bullshit.
>>
>>52354467
The a8 7600 is almost 50 Australian dollars cheaper than an i3 4160, can match it in multi thread, has a significantly better igpu, and can be overclocked through the fsb.

An a8 7600 is amazing value, I'm going to pick one up this week to build a steam machine for my tv. I'm looking forward to see how it performs in future dx12 titles.
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VK3Z6h

$300-ish for an /okay/ gaming experience.
>>
>>52354467
>no ecc
dropped you almost had me with 45w
>>
>>52359823
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VcRT6h

Can be had for even less than 300.
Almost 200 too if you don't want the ssd and custom cooler.
>>
New buldozzer
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.