[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone tried installing OSX on a chromebook/chromebox before?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1450921554378.jpg (787 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
1450921554378.jpg
787 KB, 1600x1600
Has anyone tried installing OSX on a chromebook/chromebox before?
>>
Interesting thought, but unless it was like the pixel 2 it wouldn't run well.
>>
>>52353723
>Don't confess
>Either you get 1 year or 20 years

>Confess
>Either you get 0 years or 5

No wonder people always confess
>>
>>52353918
this desu senpai

Plus it looks better on the record, and they'll probably have better chance of early release.
>>
>>52353723
Yes.
Shit driver support on all intel platforms and barelly any ACPI.
>>
>>52353918
>No wonder people always confess

Unless you are in the mafia, then you always know nothing and both get off easy. If you rat out your gang members then you are looking at a worse punishment than 20 years no matter how soft the crime you told about. Which is why criminals organize.
>>
>>52353723
this is a very poor example of how the legal system works
>>
>>52354083
>do some really bad shit in organized crime
>have two options

>confess
>get off with lighter sentence
>get lit up by hit squad that rapes and kills your family

>don't confess
>rot in jail
>family taken care of by organization in exchange for your silence
>>
>>52354164
I will confess
>>
>>52354083
Well that's the whole point of the Prisoners' Dilemma, that there is an lack of communication/information present. If you 'know' what the other guy is going to pick then you can make the most optimal conclusion but the idea is if you have absolutely NO idea about what this other guy is going to do what are you more likely to do based on the reward/punishment structure?

It's why most of these sorts of philosophical/thought questions specify you don't know everything and are separated and all that stuff. Like imagine in Batman where Joker had a bomb in the two boats. The communication of both boats were cut off and that was very specifically mentioned in the story that they had no way to talk to one another. The only difference is that Joker didn't say ANYTHING about blowing up both boats if neither one chose to destroy the other (He had started to trip the explosives only after it turns out neither one chose to destroy eachother). So it's not exactly the same but it's still based on optimal outcome based on no information.
>>
>>52353723
Why not both remain silent
>>
>>52354247
I actually rewatched the scene and Joker does mention he'll blow up both boats if neither one does so nevermind it's pretty similar although it's sort of edited where not confessing has the worst consequences and confessing has the best based on the fact they didn't know batman was going to save them
>>
>>52353723
OP Derailed his own thread. GG.
>>
>>52354372
Well these sorts of discussions are always pretty interesting so although I'd like to learn about putting OSX on a chromebook and how it is I'm not upset or anything that people are talking about the picture
>>
>>52354372
He forgot one of the most pivotal rules about posting a new topic. Never post an image that is more interesting than the actual topic.
>>
>>52354247
>neither one chose to destroy eachother

That would never happen in real life.
>>
>>52353723
love game theory desu
>>
>>52354529
It didn't matter what picture OP posted then.
>>
>>52354573
kek
>>
File: 1451437560717.jpg (249 KB, 862x911) Image search: [Google]
1451437560717.jpg
249 KB, 862x911
>>
>>52354498
Im on my c720, and I would also like to know. I run elementary, its a good alternative if you need something.
>>
>>52353723
huh why does confessing has any bearing on the sentence?
I thought it was based on evidence and facts, you can remiain silent or plead innocence but if youre guilty it wont matter what you say
>>
File: 1451682310810.jpg (147 KB, 1083x720) Image search: [Google]
1451682310810.jpg
147 KB, 1083x720
>>52353723
>Has anyone tried eating shit from their hands on a chromebook/chromebox before?
>>
>>52354752
You make a deal with the prosecution to strengthen their case for a reduced sentence.
>>
>>52354772
In that case if theyve got you by the balls it would be wise to deal and confess
>>
>>52354550
Obviously but the movie showed that Gotham was still full of good people like Batman had hoped.
>>
Confessing is worse in the long run, but there is no long run for you, so confess it is.
>>
>>52354703
Excellent tale, anon!
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.