[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /g/ think about fitness trackers? Smart watches are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
What does /g/ think about fitness trackers?

Smart watches are becoming a new trend but I don't see them as more valuable than the data provided by something like a fitbit.
>>
>>52351375
Enjoy your voluntary electronic shackles.
>>
consumer shit.

not interested in wearables until i can get some dilapidated electronics surgically implanted in a back alley .
>>
>>52351414
It's fun, I feel like a little prisoner wherever I go.
>>
I am thinking about getting one to count my faps and maybe even sync it up with fap hero
>>
Wearable snake oil. It's something people will use for a couple of months then throw away.
>>
>>52351375
They are worthless, unless you're a fat fuck who is obsessed with beating numbers everyday.
>>
>>52351375

>implying I exercise
>>
>>52351375
try a xiaomi mi band first, you can get them for £6 instead of the £50 a fitbit costs, then if you like the mi band move to a garmin, sunnto, or tomtom watch don't bother with fitbits expensive and there's better wearables.
>>
>>52351375
>Smart watches are becoming a new trend but I don't see them as more valuable than the data provided by something like a fitbit.
What does a fitbit track that my Moto 360 doesn't?
>>
Oh god, all I heard this xmas break when visiting the family was about those stupid fit bits.

>tfw my mother wears this every day and will just march in place barely moving her legs and just swinging her arms to get up to her daily step count.

It is a sad sight to see.
>>
>>52353135
It's as good a tool as you make it, that's like saying dumbbells are useless because you saw someone using them wrong.
>>
Its bretty gud at motivating you to complete the basic daily exercise goals.
>>
>>52351414
whoaaa, dudeeee, it's almost like time as a construct is a shackle....
>>
File: 36.jpg (401 KB, 700x1082) Image search: [Google]
36.jpg
401 KB, 700x1082
I look forward to the day they can tell me all my vital signs, keep track of everything I ate, and release nanites to enhance repair.
>>
>>52351375
Literal botnet on your wrist.
>>
>>52353096
they are very basic smartwatches, or slight extensions of your phone as they vibrate for calls and notifications
>>52353220
some have HRMs and other sensors to read biometrics.
>>
File: IMG_20160110_230432.jpg (930 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160110_230432.jpg
930 KB, 3264x1836
>>52351375
Girl friend got me one for christmas, no conclusion as to whether or not it's any good, but i'll say this, it is interesting to see my metrics for different days, one I'm working and my heart rate is X and some other day I'm hungover and my average heart rate is higher, it's interesting to see that a hangover is more taxing on your heart than an average day.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.