[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was messing around on my laptop and I took out the battery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: picture (1).jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
picture (1).jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
So I was messing around on my laptop and I took out the battery while the machine was on. The laptop then shut off so I rebooted it and Windows said something like UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME so I let the automatic repair run and to no avail it didn't work. So since I don't have anything valuable on my hard drive, I just decided to reinstall Windows. It kept getting stuck on "Setup is starting" so I just decided to run diskpart to wipe the hard drive. Diskpart didn't work so I put the hard drive in my main rig. I cannot get it to load in diskpart either. Even the disk management tool in Windows freezes when I run it with the drive connected. Also tried formatting it, and that freezes too.

I am honestly stuck on what to do. Is it dead? I mean, when connected the drive powers on and spins. No odd noises or anything.
>>
>>52350387
the data is lost for an amateur recovery op, but the drive is salvageable, you just need to force the format in your mac console.
>>
bump pls help
>>
>>52350387
Try format in uefi
>>
File: picture (2).jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
picture (2).jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Got impatient and smashed it. Thanks to all who tried and helped.
>>
File: picture (3).jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
picture (3).jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>
>>52350387
well now you have a good excuse to upgrade to a SSD i guess
>>
File: picture (4).jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
picture (4).jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
This thread will just be archived with the others. Say goodbye to this old 2.5 inch 320 GB drive. If you care, F to pay respects
>>
>>52352408
F
>>
>>52350387
>>52352366
>>52352382
>>52352408
old thread is old
>>
>>52352408
F
>>
Hahaha fucking retard breaking perfectly working hardware
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.