[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are good headphones worth it for filthy casual music listener/avid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.jpg (176 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
176 KB, 2048x1152
Are good headphones worth it for filthy casual music listener/avid gamer? I was thinking about replacing my failing Fatality headset with one of Audiotechnica mXXx's but would it make sense when I'm going to plug it in into integrated audio card? I don't like to be a dumbass so please lecture me if it's good idea or not.
>>
That's kinda what I do. A good, comfortable headset is always a nice thing to have, and if you want to upgrade your audio setup, you have a good component for it already with you.
>>
>>52349579
I>>52349579
If you have the money then id go for it
>>
>>52349579
Do it. They will last for years and they're not even that expensive.
>>
>>52349579
No, you probably have low quality mp3s or use Internet radio and you won't hear the difference. Buy something that's max comfy that you'll wear all day
>>
Unless you've got a decent source don't bother.

Shit in = shit out; No matter the headphone.
>>
>>52350545
That's why I'm asking. Although I'm not much of audiophile, comfort would be a huge plus.
>>
>>52350525
Are Sony MDR-V55 any good?
>>
>>52349579
I think it's good to have decent stuff, so if you visit the headphone thread have a look at the stuff at the lower price end of their list
some people on here convince themselves it's necessary to spend loads of money on phones, dac and all

I have more expensive stuff but I make my own music for fun
if you want them for casual listening get a cheaper model from a recommended brand by /g/™ and maybe a cheap USB dac if your current source is rubbish
then make sure you listen to at the very least mp3 v0 or mp3 320, I'd recommend 320 unless you want to go lossless ;)
>>
>all these placebo fags
>>
I bought a Senn HD555 years ago. With some care it's still in good shape and it's comfy when wearing it for longer periods of time. It only cost me like 120eurobucks but I'm glad I got one.
>>
>>52350670
i have them and they're pretty uncomfortable. they're supra-aural and have high clamping force.
>>
>>52350968
K, thanks for warning!
>>
Higher fidelity is useful for anyone doing any application
>>52350525
Stop saying shit like this.
>>
>>52350846
>$150 headphones
>placebo
kek
>>52350545
Your average phone or computer integrated output is good enough for the ATH-M50s or whatever.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.