[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When i open my C drive these temp files keep getting written
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: temp.jpg (73 KB, 1023x553) Image search: [Google]
temp.jpg
73 KB, 1023x553
When i open my C drive these temp files keep getting written out of nowhere on my C drive to the point that they completely fill it (30 gigabytes). What the hell is this? I looked up the active processes with ProcessExplorer and there are no suspicious process. I have Anti-MalwareByte and NOD32 installed and updated. Theres this one weird thing happens when i turn on the pc at first it says that my firewall and NOD32 are turned off but then the status changes into Turned On this didnt happen before. How fucked i am and what the fuck is this? Pic related.
>>
>>52348898
Worm? I remember I had something like that ages ago, I think I got rid of it by doing a scan with malwarebyte in safe mode. [spoiler]I got mine from some kat clone, hbu?[/spoiler]
>>
>>52349047

>kat clone

kickass torrents? god damn i think i visited that shit a few days ago. when i try to run malwarebytes in safemode it says checking for updates and needs to get connected to the internet. how the fuck do i make this shit work in safemode without connecting to internet? do you know the exact name of this worm?
>>
try another anti virus if mbytes doesn't work
>>
>>52350983

i tried these so far

>NOD32
>MBAM
>Trojan Remover
>RegRun Reanimator 7.70.0.171
>Autorun Reomver

still no luck. i guess im fucked.
>>
>>52350910
safe mode with networking, or get the latest version from another non-infected comp and transfer it via sneaker net
>>
>>52349090
kat=kickass torrents

>>52351007
https://yandex.com/support/common/antiviruses-free.xml
>>
>>52351097

fuck, nothing works!
>>
gentoo
>>
combofix in safe mode.
>>
>>52351662
Try Avast, I visited many KAT clones and never got anything, also download PeerBlock and the lists from iBlocklist website to block malwares, botnets and similar things, it's very useful. If the virus is redownloading itself then this should prevent it.
>>
You don't have a virus. It looks like something is backing up a bunch of files. When you delete them, are they getting redownloaded? 30GB a day sounds like no... you'd notice the lag on your network. Based on file sizes, it could be pictures, but check google for thu extensions and see what programs use themm.
>>
>>52351885

Thanks man, this one fixed it! Fuck what an intense piece of software is that shit!
>>
Remember, this is why you use protection when you torrent, kids.
>>
>>52352815

I had NOD32 and MBAM on at the same time. They dont catch all the shit.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.