[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/ i wan't to learn how to exploit win applications
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: system failure.jpg (93 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
system failure.jpg
93 KB, 500x375
Hi /g/

i wan't to learn how to exploit win applications (for educational purposes)

I have strong knowledge of c/c++/python
I have a good knowledge of php/html/javascript/mysql/css

Please suggest me what languages should i learn and why some good books and/or websites

>>
> Please suggest me what languages should i learn

Assembly for reverse engineering.
>>
>>52348047
>what languages should i learn

learn russian and chinese and then you can go on their l33r h3ck forums and ask how to do it
>>
>>52348087
Russian is also good, chinese is difficult as fuck. Even chinese children who learn algebra when they are 6 still use 5-6 years to learn how to read chinese. And they are native speakers. And even speaking chinese is hard as fuck, they have 7 different "a" sounds and I can barely hear any difference between them. Russian is a cakewalk compared to it.
>>
OP Here.

Try to learn greek!!!
>>
>>52348266
I don't speak broke.
>>
>>52348047

Assembly, you first step to success.

After that you will need to find the addresses with assembly, this requires a lot of work and you have to know what you want to do.

Use Ollydebug or CheatEngine, both are handy and are good to use.
>>
>>52348047
>i wan't
stopped reading there
>>
>>52348047
Languages: Assembly
Get familiar with the Windows API and learn how to do stuff like DLL injections, how to fuck with handles and so forth.
Learn to use reverse engineering tools like IDA pro and Cheatengine (don't laugh, it's free and it works fine).
The most important rule is to never accept blackboxes. Take everything apart and figure out how it works until you can recreate it.
Write your own tools. The main difference between a good and a shitty cracker is that the shitty cracker is completely fucked without his tools.
>>
>>52348047
sit your ass down and learn x86 assembly ( at least the operands , get your hands on IDA or any other decent disassembler Hopper will do if you are a faggot) and start getting familiar with the way programs work.

Best case would be to write your own programs and then to analyze/break them with IDA, as then you have a good understanding of both sides of the wall (before and after compiler went through your code) toy with different compilers (boralnd / VS etc)

Then learn codecaves detours and dll injection, if you want to mess with windows, oh and learn win sys calls because it's a clusterfuck.
>>
File: e6wsx.jpg (46 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
e6wsx.jpg
46 KB, 400x400
>>52348391
>>
>>52348199
cantonese has more, but mandarin has only four tones.
>>
Assembly / dll injections and some debuggers

Got it guys thanks :)
>>
Learn machine code, talk directly with the cpu, ???, profit.
>>
>>52348047
Here: http://beginners.re/
>>
>>52348598
noice. thx anon.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.