[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>“LAMP” stands for “Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP”—a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: richard_stallman[1].jpg (127 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
richard_stallman[1].jpg
127 KB, 500x333
>“LAMP” stands for “Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP”—a common combination of software to use on a web server, except that “Linux” in this context really refers to the GNU/Linux system. So instead of “LAMP” it should be “GLAMP”: “GNU, Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP.”
>>
>The term “FOSS,” meaning “Free and Open Source Software,” was coined as a way to be neutral between free software and open source, but it doesn't really do that. If neutrality is your goal, “FLOSS” is better. But if you want to show you stand for freedom, don't use a neutral term.
>>
Stallman quotes thread

>The concept of "sexual interference with a human corpse" is curious. All a corpse can do on its own is decay, so the only possible "interference" is to prevent its decay. Thus, "sexual interference" rationally would mean some sexual activity while injecting embalming fluid, or while putting the corpse into a refrigerator. However, I doubt that the censors interpret this term rationally. They will have cooked up an excuse for some twisted interpretation that enables them to punish more people.

>This censorship cannot be justified by protecting corpses from suffering. Whatever you do to a corpse, it can't suffer, not even emotionally.

>Then there is the prohibition of realistically depicting sex with an animal. The law does not care whether the animal wanted sex. I've read that male dolphins try to have sex with humans, and female apes solicit sex from humans. What is wrong with giving them what they want, if that's what turns you on, or even just to gratify them?

https://stallman.org/articles/extreme.html

>Necrophilia would be my second choice for what should be done with my corpse, the first being scientific or medical use. Once my dead body is no longer of any use to me, it may as well be of some use to someone. Besides, I often enjoy rhinophytonecrophilia (nasal sex with dead plants).

https://stallman.org/archives/2003-may-aug.html
>>
Don't see anything wrong with any of his ideals, even his stance on child sexuality is neither abusive nor offensive.
>>
you're right, but lamp just rolls off the tongue.
>>
File: 1445893609058.jpg (327 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1445893609058.jpg
327 KB, 1000x1000
>>52345772
people fail to realize that stallman's opinions rustle their feelings only because deep down they actually hate freedom and I'm not talking to his statements related to software, just in general.
>>
File: 1452414985515.png (106 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452414985515.png
106 KB, 1920x1080
>>52345757
>Once my dead body is no longer of any use to me, it may as well be of some use to someone. Besides, I often enjoy rhinophytonecrophilia (nasal sex with dead plants).

Dude is fucking crazy
>>
>>52345757
The odd thing is, he's right yet it feels morally wrong.
>>
He's a nut, and his extreme ideologues are precisely why no one takes free software seriously.
>>
>>52345961
Can you elaborate on why he's a nut?
>>
>>52345624
Anyone got that picture with better quality?
>>
File: 1401301577271.jpg (30 KB, 400x610) Image search: [Google]
1401301577271.jpg
30 KB, 400x610
He write's political commentary all day every day. I wonder how many people even read it that aren't using him as a lolcow?
>>
>>52345624
Reminder that RMS is devious kike hired to subvert freedom. Public Domain is freedom, GPL is slavery.
>>
But GNU isn't specific to Linux and L in LAMP doesn't specify a GNU/Linux distro
>>
>>52346046
go away bsd cuck
>>
>>52346126
BSD is not public domain.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (7 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
7 KB, 300x100
>>52345624
I'd like to interject for a second. What you're calling GNU/Linux is really GNU/systemd.
>>
>>52345624
Who cares what it's called. OLW, or "OpenBSD, Lighttpd, Werc" is superior anyway.
>>52346471
More like systemd/Linux
>>52346151
I haven't been dead for 70 years so BSD is much better for e.g. the entire population of Germany than dedication to public domain.
>>
>>52346052
Then what does the L stand for, you piece of shit? His whole point is that it stands for Linux whilst that incorrect, we don't call the WAMP stack by its kernel either.
>>
>>52347818
We don't call it "Eamp" for explorer.exe either.
>>
>>52345624
nice meme
Can't find the like/upvote button tho
lol
>>
>>52345973
if ti wasn't for him all we would have is open source cancer under BSD and other cuck licenses that let corporations swallow your code without even bothering to spit in your general direction
He's the only reason the userland is what it is today
>>
>>52346151
yeah it's worse
literally communism
public domain is the waste bin and ideological drop box of content
>>
>>52346795
>"OpenBSD, Lighttpd, Werc"
If we're talking memez, I guess
Is there anyone left that uses werc unironically?
>>
>>52348756
Everyone who uses werc at all.
>>
>>52348824
you're delusional
werc is for hipster faggots and those that want to use it ironically
it's an obscure meme
>>
>>52345757
He is right with every one of these. Except for the inane nasal sex part.
>>
GNU is a cancerous growth on the healthy liver of Linux. Linux is a lovely kernel, gnu is a mournful userspace. For all the talk of the year of the Linux desktop, what we got was a Linux smartphone and you couldn't even call it a gnu/Linux OS. The majority of the user space is proprietary. That's what it took to get Linux in everyone's hands. The gnu tumor had to be surgically removed.

And gnu coreutils? BSD implementations are better.
>>
>>52348896
The only proprietary parts of my linux phone are the drivers
>>
>>52348888
You sure seem angry, mr. quads. Please indicate on this doll where werc touched you. Or do you seriously prefer web N.0 flash javascript responsive design bullshit?
>>
>>52348973
I got quads so I can't shitpost and lie anymore
Quads force truth
In reality I like and use werc daily and wish it was used widely to serve as a model for frameworks
It was easy to set up, doesn't break across devices, can run on a potato, and has exactly enough functionality
Where did everything go so wrong?
>>
most stallman shits on here are first or second week /g/nufags or people who saw the memes from other boards. Or hipsters who find his walls of text fits in with their contrarian mentality so they can use it to tell everyone to just not use any software besides 1980s shit a la uriel

the person to really support is linus since he actually gets code done, doesn't flip shit on stage, tells SJWs to fuck off if they don't into tech, and is enjoyable to watch in conferences because he doesn't just regurgitate the same schpeal to businessmen who don't give a fuck and are only attending because their company told them to. Who would you hire?

stallman needs to be less abstract and give real examples instead of just saying "you must stop using software". his "solutions" for things that don't have free alternatives are just don't even do it at all, that's fucking suicide for business. "oh just eliminate your department." haha, no. also he needs to shave, the "unix beard cred" only is a benefit for other old unix beards and they are autists too and will find another reason to hate you. honestly I wouldn't be surprised if most people after sitting through one of his abstract bullshit speeches along with the beard got the impression that free software is just for hippies.

but stallman is the only one who will respond to your dumb fucking one word e-mail threads, right?
>>
when's the hurd gonna have a stable release bros?
>>
>>52349403
it's irrelevant at this point anyway
You're at least a decade late
>>
>>52348890
>Except for the inane nasal sex part.
But that was clearly humor. By smelling plants you are infact able to pollinate them, so you're participating in a sexual act
>>
>>52349216
>I'm going to tell people how they should live
>lines of code is the only thing that matters
>it's not good for le business
Protip, not everything in this world is made to serve business. Try not too absorb too much of what they taught you at your corpo-cuck community college
you're the cancer that is killing GNU/Linux
The only good thing about the OS is its dedication to transparency and freedom. No one besides ricer faggots, gaymers, and bizmess men care about modernizing it and turning it into a Windows clone
>>
>>52348896
>thinking Linux is in everyone's hands because there's a market of locked down tracking devices that run a watered down version of it, the majority of users not even knowing or caring it's Linux
>And gnu coreutils? BSD implementations are better.
Nice opinion fagtron. You're welcome to come back with it when BSD is relevant in any marketshare
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.