[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/. I used to browse this board a lot from 2008 to 2010 (wood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 12
File: honorbuddy dot jaypeg.jpg (49 KB, 525x342) Image search: [Google]
honorbuddy dot jaypeg.jpg
49 KB, 525x342
Hi /g/. I used to browse this board a lot from 2008 to 2010 (wood screws, nvidia house fires, etc). I have multiple sclerosis now and it limits my mobility and functioning to the point that I am inside the vast majority of the time.

I come asking for advice on programming, specifically bots. I think there is some money to be earned, which I could definitely use. And there is always a market for cheaters.

I know absolutely zero about programming. Where do I start? CS:GO, Honorbuddy, Hearthbuddy, I would love to make routines to bot for things that people want (and obviously pay for). I don't know what language that involves. I don't know where to start. Was hoping you could point me in the right direction. I have applied for disability since December 2014, so I am hoping that I get approved soon so I have some income and don't have to completely depend on my parents for everything (I live alone). At the very least, it could be a hobby that gets just a little money. I actually enjoy botting, so it's relevant to my interests.

tl;dr Want to make bots for games, don't know what language it involves, don't know where to learn? Help please? Thanks /g/, pic related
>>
File: 1404199645873.png (286 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
1404199645873.png
286 KB, 500x497
pls respond
>>
>>52342217
>Hi /g/. I used to browse this board a lot from 2008 to 2010 (wood screws, nvidia house fires, etc).

Wow, such oldfag. We respect you so greatly /s

>I have multiple sclerosis now and it limits my mobility and functioning to the point that I am inside the vast majority of the time.

Nice blog.

>I come asking for advice on programming, specifically bots. I think there is some money to be earned, which I could definitely use. And there is always a market for cheaters.

No, there is no money. And we won't help you cheat at vidya. If you're actually interested in programming you can find infinite numbers of ways of learning it on Google.

>I have applied for disability since December 2014, so I am hoping that I get approved soon so I have some income and don't have to completely depend on my parents for everything (I live alone). At the very least, it could be a hobby that gets just a little money. I actually enjoy botting, so it's relevant to my interests.

Great blog. Read the sticky. Sage.
>>
Just go to those forums and start reading.
>>
The language the program in the pic was coded in is C#. I'm guessing you'd need to reverse engineer some aspects of the game.
>>
>>52342589
I'm sorry you don't accept the reason why I'm trying to learn. I'm just trying to find alternatives to jobs. Your post was worthless.

>>52342591
I have, it's just difficult absorbing the information since I don't understand the programming and jargon.

>>52342593
>C#
Thanks! This helps me get a step in the right direction.
>>
>>52342217
man, op. you dont know anything about programming, and you want someone to just tell you everything you need to know to make a bot?

i mean, i wish i could help, but thats a tall order, bro.

start with C++, since it's a game. you'll have to interface with the libraries and whatever configuration file language they use. just realise that you aren't going to have a working product for at least a year, and that's if you program every day for 8 hours.

plus you have to keep up with the anti cheating software. see how this becomes a really tall order?

i recommend as an alternative you read some computer science literature, like SICP (hardmode for you probably), or How to Design Programs
>>
>>52342631
>I have, it's just difficult absorbing the information since I don't understand the programming and jargon

Is your disability that you're retarded.

>see word
>don't know what it means
>should I Google the word?
>nah, I'll bug 4chan with vague questions
>>
>>52342633
but yeah i remember wood screws too, and tidus.jpg

oldfag thread?
>>
>>52342679
The new meme is gtx 970 3.5gb

If you don't buy radeon you are a cuck
>>
File: nvidia house fire.png (600 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
nvidia house fire.png
600 KB, 800x533
>>52342633
I'm not looking for everything, I am just looking for a step in the right direction so I can learn the right language. Thanks for your C++ suggestion.

I guess I incorrectly described what I'm looking to do. I would like to make routines for bot programs that already exist (again, like Honorbuddy for example). I don't play WoW, I'm just using it as an example. I know some bot programs are very good at not getting detected due to not injecting, whatever that means. I appreciate your feedback though, thanks.

>>52342675
I have 13 different medications and take 20 pills a day, not including a few other things. So yeah, concentration and focus and learning are quite difficult.

>>52342679
4chan browser since '06 in high school, fuck my life.
>>
Bro just pay for a fuckin bot.

Seriously you're not going to be able to get any good at programming without years of experience yet alone make a good one that is comparable to ones for sale on your own.
>>
File: McDonalds-application.gif (81 KB, 600x444) Image search: [Google]
McDonalds-application.gif
81 KB, 600x444
>>52342706
>I have 13 different medications and take 20 pills a day, not including a few other things. So yeah, concentration and focus and learning are quite difficult

Here's a new idea to make some money and become independent. I promise you will be much more successful at this the your currently retarded idea (your idea was literally cooked up by a retard, you. I wouldn't pursue it)
>>
>>52342217
If you want to learn programming for free you can go to www.udacity.com and do the "introduction to computer science" course which is challenging and great to learn A LOT in a short time. from there when you have learned the basics of programming in general you can go to C/C++ which will be easier when you know a little. you can do some of the more advanced courses on udacity.com to learn quite a lot more.
>>
File: 1432762277033.jpg (9 KB, 236x184) Image search: [Google]
1432762277033.jpg
9 KB, 236x184
>>52342703
Sadly I have a GTX 660 Ti. If I had money I would build a new computer, most of my components are from 2009. i7 920, Prolimatech Megahalem black edition, four RAM slots with total of 10 GB of RAM.

>>52342739
I can't work at fast food places, too hot and stress flares up my symptoms. Just remember, you wasted your time posting that.

>>52342765
Thank you! This is the kind of stuff I'm looking for. I appreciate your comment and will try to put it to good use.
>>
>>52342802
If it isn't a gtx 970 it' s fine
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (147 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
147 KB, 1500x1500
>>52342802
>I can't work at fast food places, too hot and stress flares up my symptoms. Just remember, you wasted your time posting that

And you've wasted the time of everyone in this thread, and everyone you've ever talked to. You're also wasting your parents' money. What a terrible waste you are.
>>
File: 1371318583377.jpg (209 KB, 682x600) Image search: [Google]
1371318583377.jpg
209 KB, 682x600
>>52342880
Yeah, I wish I would just die in my sleep, I'm too afraid to kill myself. I've heard feelium tanks have more oxygen now to prevent suicides, god dammit.

>>52342880
I came here asking for help, and some people have been kind enough to offer their suggestions, which I do take seriously and am thankful for. It's definitely not been a waste of time for me. Nice try though.
>>
>>52342920
>some people have been kind enough to offer their suggestions, which I do take seriously and am thankful for. It's definitely not been a waste of time for me. Nice try though.

Yeah, great advice. "Learn C++ and C# maybe... I heard they good for makin games xD also here is a video course on theoretical computer science, hope it helps with writing game bots"

Seriously, maybe consider being a security guard. They mainly just sit around and do nothing all night.
>>
stop shitting up competitive games with hacks you fucking faggot

>>>/out/
>>
>>52342920
Dude I told you.

Pay for a fucking bot. You will NOT be able to code anything anywhere near as code without years of experience + tons of time and skill dedicated.
>>
>>52342802
easiest way to earn cash from no knowledge. Is to do some web development (HTML/CSS, Ruby on rails and etc other webdev stuff... Python (with django) might also be useful for web development which is why the "introduction to computer science 101" course is still valid)

It demands less from you and there are available work everywhere, just make a cool portfolio of examples and look for local companies with bad webpages, make a example page (or some examples) and contact them to sell it. or contact a established company.

that is my recommendation
>>
File: 1417157331685.png (269 KB, 414x480) Image search: [Google]
1417157331685.png
269 KB, 414x480
>>52342990
I do pay for bots, why do you think I'm interested in learning? Have to start somewhere...

>>52342983
QQ

>>52343039
Thank you, I appreciate it. You have my gratitude even though it wasn't related to my original post. I will definitely look into it.
>>
>>52343066
>I do pay for bots, why do you think I'm interested in learning? Have to start somewhere...

Don't bother trying to learn such advanced things right now. You will absolutely not be able to make a bot. Projects of that size are either made by a team of programmers or one very pro programmer.

Start low and literally learn ruby on rails or some python scriptbabby shit
>>
>>52343087
I mentioned that I misworded my original post, I'm looking more to create routines for already existing bots. Like, profiles for the already existing bots that people would be interested in.

Ruby on rails and python, got it. Thank you.
>>
>>52343104
>Ruby on rails and python, got it. Thank you.

It will not help you with your bots but it is a decent start if you want to learn some programming.

If you want to learn "gamehacking", bots and stuff then learn either C/C++ or C# and go browse tutorials on gamehacking forums.
>>
File: 1401068474702.gif (203 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1401068474702.gif
203 KB, 320x180
>>52343131
It sucks not knowing where to start. I'm trying, what can I say. Thanks for the suggestion though.
>>
File: anarchy42.jpg (17 KB, 493x551) Image search: [Google]
anarchy42.jpg
17 KB, 493x551
>>52343066
For webdevelopment check out these courses:

https://www.udacity.com/courses/web-development?technology=css&technology=html&technology=java&technology=javascript&technology=python&technology=ruby

Disregard the nanodegree, it cost money and might be useful to get paper on it. But you can show you know how to do it with using a portfolio. I highly recommend getting linux, programming and development is much easier on linux when you start dealing with your own local server and that sort of thing. Instead of having 3-4 different terminals open for database, git and whatever on your windows you can do it all in the comfort of one. But you CAN of course do it in windows as well.

I highly recommend you do something easier like that. Making bots require a certain expertise and a lot of knowledge. it's going to take many years before you are able to do anything remotely useful. But you can make basic web stuff in literally a month. and if you work every day for a year then you might get to be ok and quite decent.
>>
i've made multiple cheats/hacks for games, including bots

c/c++ is your best choice
you'll need to know assembly for reverse engineering even though ida with hexrays will give you pseudo C code
being able to reverse engineer is a must unless you're going to rely on finding all of the information you need online, for some games it's actually possible
knowing how games work is important
high school level math knowledge is a must

even if you start learning today it will take you a long time before you're able to do anything above, have fun OP
>>
>>52343262
Definitely looking for something under the table as far as income goes. Thank you for the specific link though. I have had some experience with Ubuntu (laugh at me, I know) and Debian a few years ago, maybe I'll install it on one of the laptops to help me get started. What are the recommended GNU/Linux operating systems now? Besides gentoo, of course.
>>
>>52343303
Not expecting to be an expert within a month or even a year, just wanting to get started on something that actually interests me, which isn't much nowadays. Really though, thanks for your help. Any advice is very much appreciated by me, I don't really know how to show my gratitude besides saying thanks.
>>
Get a book, stop being a fag, etc.
>>
>>52343331
if you only want to make routines for already existing bots it depends entirely on what the bot uses, look into existing routines and whatever documentation you can find about the bot, but i doubt you'll make any money doing that
>>
>>52343354
stop posting if you're just going to be a faggot, etc

>>52343368
People pay for good routines that don't come with bots by default. I want to use WoW and LoL as an example, I know some routines can bring good money if there's enough of a demand for it.
>>
File: How-can-he-do-these-h4CKZ.jpg (66 KB, 399x599) Image search: [Google]
How-can-he-do-these-h4CKZ.jpg
66 KB, 399x599
>>52343307
Ubuntu is fine, just get a alternative DE. I use Lubuntu myself, just installed it and is pleasantly surprised. I always hear it's for old hardware, but it's actually quite good and with lots of ricing oppurtunities to make it look like I want which is important to me. But you can >>52343307
also use Ubuntu Gnome, xubuntu or so on. To be honest I quite like Ubuntu with unity (the normal standard Ubuntu) but it is not very easy to rice. Linux Mint is also good, we often refer ubuntu and mint to beginners, but that is not because they are "linux with training wheels", but because everything useful come pre-installed. drivers is not such a hassle and involves less fiddling to get working. Just use one you think looks nice out of the box. You might also have a look at Deepin Linux, never tried it, but it looks good.
>>
>>52343460
Ah, well thank you! I will look up those operating systems and see what I like best. I'm pretty minimalist, so don't need the rice. Although, it's been awhile since I have Linux'd, so having things pre-installed would definitely save me some trouble.
>>
Here's some real advice OP: You will never be able to learn to program without help from an instructor even though it's not very hard at all. The fact that you're here asking these questions is proof of that. Any competent person would skip this step entirely and get down to business right away. There are children right now that don't even know how to masturbate that are learning to program by themselves simply because they know how to learn properly.

If you really are dedicated to this dream (which you aren't) then go and find a tutor or enroll in a college or recieve any form of CS education. It will save you a lot of time and will be worth it if you actually care.

Typed on phone sorry if there are mistakes
>>
>>52342217
start with C++ and HTML, and work your way up.
>>
>>52342217
btw if you're poor try and sign up for one of those demos that Intel conducts to make tech for Stephen Hawking so that he can speak. Quick bucks, and free useful equipment.
>>
>>52343586
>t. poorfag TA
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.