[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it good tier?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 20160109_225639.jpg (885 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160109_225639.jpg
885 KB, 2048x1536
>>
>>52339754
It looks pretty, but judge with your ears. Also, older equipment may require some work to get rid of background static and scratchy controls.
>>
Look up the model number specs online
Stuff like thd, frequency response, wattage ratting, snr and other stuff like that
>>
>>52339808
The worst is trying to replace a scratchy shitty volume knob, probably the most common issue with old electronic sound shit. I'm still trying to find a cheap scrapped model of my Kenwood receiver to salvage parts.
>>
>>52339754
>no USB port
>no wifi/bluetooth
>no LCD display

Nice doorstop gramps. Why don't you go and play bridge with Ethel and Martha.
>>
>>52339754
Could you please give me a model number here
>>
>>52340272
You have tried contact cleaner, right? Whats the problem with a replacement? is it some weird dual gang pot or something? Also, if you're ausfag (or are happy to ship from here) check out Wagner Electronics. They do a lot of parts for service organisations/TV and VCR repair types, they might be able to hook a nigger up.
>>
>>52340309
Onkyo TX-4500
>>
>>52339754
It's God tier. I use its little sister as my daily driver.
>>
>>52340330
Thanks bro
Specs
Watts:55 per channel im 8ohms
Fr response:15hz to 30khz
THD: 0.1%
Damping factor: 50
Snr: 80db
>>
>>52339808
It sounds really good but it scratches when I change the volume how do I fix this
>>
>>52340449
Turn the knob from min to max about 100 times.

That means 100 literal times.

Sincerely, someone who works with this stuff.
>>
>>52340449
You read your own thread dumbarse..
>>52340317

>>52340525
DO NOT DO THIS WITHOUT CONTACT CLEANER. It's a fucking great way of scratching your way right through the carbon track in the pot because of all the shit accumulated on the wiper. But of course you knew this, because you "who works with this stuff", don't you dipshit..
>>
>>52339754
Onkyos tend to be legit. I've got a surround sound set of speakers that are clear down to 25hz.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.