[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best way to erase old hard drive for resale?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 1452302944428.jpg (38 KB, 429x501) Image search: [Google]
1452302944428.jpg
38 KB, 429x501
I got a 2001 Dell pc that belonged to my dad and was surprised it has two old ATA IDE Seagate hard drives in it that sell for around $35 each. What good, free programs would you guys recommend that will erase everything and make them safe to sell?
>>
dban
>>
>>52336571
Write a python script to write copies of one same file till it's filled up, then reformat.
>>
I use Active@Killdisk or some shit because IT JUST WERKS.
>>
>>52336571
dban is the easiest way to do it if you ask me.
>>
>>52336571
>old ATA IDE Seagate hard drives in it that sell for around $35 each.

Sure they do.......
>>
File: soc girl.png (592 KB, 480x603) Image search: [Google]
soc girl.png
592 KB, 480x603
>>52336571
>Best way to erase old hard drive for resale?
Listen kiddo.

A single simple zero-write MIGHT be all you need, however some people do SEVERAL zero writes.

The truth is, if the first didn't do the job, your unlikely to get the rest simply because you could have some BAD SECTORS that have that data stuck on your harddrive FOR EVER.

The US Government likes to shred their harddrives and send them to Africa as a tax-write-off donation, and that's how alot of foreign enemies have gotten some US data.

Honestly, if you're seriously worried about your information being compromised by the new buyer then you should just dunk your harddrive in sulfuric acid and bury the surviving melted chunks in an undisclosed location where no one will find it, or flush it if possible.
>>
>>52336571

NO old ide drives are worth 35 bucks each.

i paid 15 bucks for a 160 gig WD a while back because i actually needed an IDE drive. and 15 bucks is on the high end for any IDE drive.

nobody is going to buy that shit for that price.
>>
Don't sell em
dban isn't gonna fully delete everything and your dad sounds like a pedo so you're gonna end up selling the hdd to a cop and get him arrested
>>
>>52336571
She has nice boobs.

I want to suck on them.
>>
>>52336717

you don't suck on the boobs you fucking virgin.

you suck the nipples.
>>
>>52336685
>dban isn't gonna fully delete everything

wat
>>
File: why.jpg (94 KB, 429x501) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
94 KB, 429x501
>>
>>52336727
You know damn well what i meant.

And you can suck on a boob if you want to, doesn't have to be the nipple. There's no reason you would, but if you really fucking wanted to you could.
>>
>>52336794

had one gf that literally told me she wanted me to put all her boob in my mouth. i tried, she was like a 34c or something.

bitch turned out ugly after she hit 18 so fuck her. got that pussy when it was fresh.

>mfw that was 10 years ago
>>
File: elly.jpg (44 KB, 426x557) Image search: [Google]
elly.jpg
44 KB, 426x557
I looked at completed auctions and people are actually paying around $25 + $10 to ship these. I guess though after shipping and ebay's crazy fees I'll get maybe $20 each, but that buys a lot of green soup.
>>
>>52336727
We got a Don Juan over here guys.

But couldn't it be said that the nipple is a sub-element of the breast as a whole?

Also I've found some girls have sensitivity all over the boob. And by some girls I mean my blow up doll. And by blow up doll I mean the disabled cat that I live with.
>>
>>52336727
Bro I suck on any part of the boob
>>
>>52336884
My GF's nipples are super fucking sensitive, so unless i get her all horned up first she doesn't like me suckling on them.

Kinda sucks, because i like it a lot. At the same time though, if i do get her going first she can kind of cum from just nipple play? At least she acts like it, or gets awfully fucking close. Kinda cool i guess.
>>
>>52336571
Micro wave it homie
>>
I'm quite sure it's like:

dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/sdb
dd if=/dev/null of=/dev/sdb

about 5 times
>>
>>52337185
dd if=/dev/null of=/dev/sdb
Is enough retard. You don't need the magic incantations
>>
>>52337294
Is it enough? Looks like your a fucking NEET. I'm sorry for you. Better luck next life
>>
>ide
>keks hard as fuck
>who still uses ide drives
>>
File: Elly Tran Ha-1.jpg (201 KB, 750x1125) Image search: [Google]
Elly Tran Ha-1.jpg
201 KB, 750x1125
Has anyone used eraser?

http://eraser.heidi.ie/

I guess I'll try dban, just want to make sure I don't download something with ad or spyware.
>>
What's wrong with just using shred?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.