[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ARM laptop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: uhh.gif (628 KB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
uhh.gif
628 KB, 500x272
How much would you pay for an arm laptop?

I'm thinking of manufacturing one, specs would be.

32gb ssd for os and programs (possibly 64gb)
MTK6752 or another decent budget cpu.
1tb hdd
Metal chassis
8gb ram (if the processor supports it)

That's just the basic specs, since arm processors tend to be cheap and use barely any power, I can put my budget more towards better components, build quality, and battery life.

According to geekbench the mt6752 should perform about the same as a g3240 in multithread.

Would anyone be interested in one of these?
I'm intending to cram as big a battery as the chassis will allow.

My goal is decent performance, and amazing battery life.

How much would you be willing to pay?
I'm hoping to keep prices below $249 but I have no idea how much it'll cost.

Also I'm an ausfag so I'm not sure if that'll complicate things.
>>
>>52335020
It cant run any useful programs so i wouldnt buy such shit. Good luck though, but i doubt someones gonna buy a laptop thats only useful for browsing internet in mobile version.
>>
I wouldn't be interested at all. You're basically going to be selling crippled laptops. Good fucking luck competing against the OEMs who sell x86 laptops with 1tb hdds, 6gb of ram, and quad-core APUs for around $400.
>>
>>52335020
>According to geekbench the mt6752 should perform about the same as a g3240 in multithread.
The architectures are vastly different. You cannot compare them with a synthetic benchmark. You're obviously trolling.
>>
File: q77ag1hhtavrmyxpp5wz.jpg (202 KB, 620x1254) Image search: [Google]
q77ag1hhtavrmyxpp5wz.jpg
202 KB, 620x1254
>>52335587
Lots of Linux software compatible with arm.

>>52335765
That may be true but it'll still perform decent and use much less power than a 35w intel or AMD.

>>52335587
People will fund anything if it's hyped enough, I was just curious if anyone here would be interested in one. See pic. And don't pretend you don't remember this.
>>
>>52336065
People aren't THAT gullible anon. They immediately know that if a laptop has anything to do with linux, it's going to be shit.
>>
>>52335020
I would never pay for an ARM laptop. The only ARM device I'm interested in is the DragonBox Pyra, and that's for its unique size.
>>
>>52335020
>According to geekbench the mt6752 should perform about the same as a g3240 in multithread.
Why do idiots still use geekbench to compare across platforms? It shouldn't even need to be explained at this point.
>>52336065
>it'll still perform decent and use much less power than a 35w intel or AMD.
Depends on your definition of decent. It'll perform far worse than the Atoms you find in $250 laptops and you certainly WON'T be able to make anything for that price, much less something ready for production with good build quality and good battery life.
>>
File: wafmqh2sugjlsf2awqve.jpg (97 KB, 620x856) Image search: [Google]
wafmqh2sugjlsf2awqve.jpg
97 KB, 620x856
>>52336168
People can be pretty gullible baka desu sempai
>>
>>52335765
question is, why is there no software that runs on x86 and ARM that tests how well your operation is doing, FPS and Lag etc then puts out results.

I mean in 2016!
>>
>>52335020
>I'm thinking of manufacturing one,
I'm thinking of porking your Mom.
Wonder which one of us will actually do something about the thought.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.