[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>$599 USD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: 1452130204149.jpg (86 KB, 568x513) Image search: [Google]
1452130204149.jpg
86 KB, 568x513
>$599 USD
>>
>$599
>not just $600

why they do this again? I know that it is $600, the number 5 does not make me forget the rest $99.
>>
I just dont see this becoming popular beyond brief time like the wii and its motion controls
>>
>>52282189
Yea. That's the idea.
>>
Too expensive to be truly successful.
>>
>>52282189
599 sounds better to the sheep. They see the 5 and it feels 99 dollars cheaper to them than a 6.

Source: I have a sister.
>>
>>52282212
The Wii made a shit ton of money though.
>>
>>52282229
Didn't they say they were aiming for $400 last year? Disappointing.
>>
>>52282229
but it didnt last and now nintendo only makes money off of the 3ds
>>
For whatever reason, at a flash $600 sounds cheaper than $599.
With $599 I think of an uneven tax and having to round up cost.

But $600 sounds like 6 Benjamins, which doesn't seem so bad.
>>
>>52282229
the wii wasn't $599.
>>
>>52282228
in case anyone forgot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4
Can it run Ridge Racer?
>>
>>52282336
Lucky's Tale is the new Ridge Racer
>>
File: 1441526927485.jpg (104 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1441526927485.jpg
104 KB, 900x675
How about the fact its €699

EUROFUCKED
UROFUCKED
ROFUCKED
OFUCKED
FUCKED
UCKED
CKED
KED
ED
D
>>
It doesn't sound like a particularly unreasonable price. It's main problem is that it's useless gaymer gear.
>>
>>52282255
they said they were aiming for somewhere in the $200-$400 range, and that it would be ridiculous to price it at something outrageous like $600 because no one would buy it.
>>
>amerifats that buy iphones every year complaining a piece of revolutionary new tech is $599

I live in fucking Romania and I would buy the thing for 699E but I can't because my country isn't on the damn initial launch list. You entitled babies disgust me.
>>
I cant afford it dont fucking buy it nigger
>>
>>52282453
>>amerifats that buy iphones every year complaining a piece of revolutionary new tech is $599
the tech is acctually quite old and has already failed once
>>
>$599

....then again why am i whining? i actually seriously thought about paying for one of those meme self-balancing boards
>>
people i pass on it.. rumors say you pay almost half the price without taxes and shipping locally
>>
i'm going to wait for the version without headphones that only costs $350.
>>
the technology is easily justifiable at $599, the Rift is probably not going to turn a profit from hardware
>>
>>52282663
Don't even include VR.
it's a high resolution monitor at 90hz, easily worth the 600 dollar price tag right there.

The VR gimmick makes it an amazing deal.

it sucks oculus dick'd everyone into believing it would be 350 bucks though.
>>
only 599 good goy points. what a bargain. i can't wait to buy one for my wife's son.
>>
>$650 US for australian's
>$130 US shipping for australian's
>oculus says it's shipping from within australia
>$185 AUD for local shipping
>comes to $1200 AUD
>no touch controller
>>
>>52282663
yeah but only if you only pay shipping

in germany you pay 700€ + 41€ shipping + 133€ import taxes (19%) and have to get to your nearest toll station which is 35 kilometers from my location
>>
File: 1450291712648.png (52 KB, 318x308) Image search: [Google]
1450291712648.png
52 KB, 318x308
>>52282702
KEKTALITY!
>>
Reddit went from outraged to sucking Luckey's dick even faster than they did after the facebook acquisition.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3zt7ul/i_am_palmer_luckey_founder_of_oculus_and_designer/
>>
>>52282167

>1st gen tech is expensive

Woah
>>
File: 1452033268601.jpg (23 KB, 397x298) Image search: [Google]
1452033268601.jpg
23 KB, 397x298
>>52282748
>>
File: 1427071287045.jpg (50 KB, 500x591) Image search: [Google]
1427071287045.jpg
50 KB, 500x591
>>52282755
>almost double the price he said it would cost

woah
>>
>>52282748
Isn't Reddit gold like giving someone $10? Why would you give free money to a millionare?
>>
from the AMA

pt 1:
>I handled the messaging poorly. Earlier last year, we started officially messaging that the Rift+Recommended spec PC would cost roughly $1500. That was around the time we committed to the path of prioritizing quality over cost, trying to make the best VR headset possible with current technology. Many outlets picked the story up as “Rift will cost $1500!”, which was honestly a good thing - the vast majority of consumers (and even gamers!) don’t have a PC anywhere close to the rec. spec, and many people were confused enough to think the Rift was a standalone device. For that vast majority of people, $1500 is the all-in cost of owning Rift. The biggest portion of their cost is the PC, not the Rift itself.

>For gamers that already have high end GPUs, the equation is obviously different. In a September interview, during the Oculus Connect developer conference, I made the infamous “roughly in that $350 ballpark, but it will cost more than that” quote. As an explanation, not an excuse: during that time, many outlets were repeating the “Rift is $1500!” line, and I was frustrated by how many people thought that was the price of the headset itself. My answer was ill-prepared, and mentally, I was contrasting $349 with $1500, not our internal estimate that hovered close to $599 - that is why I said it was in roughly the same ballpark. Later on, I tried to get across that the Rift would cost more than many expected, in the past two weeks particularly. There are a lot of reasons we did not do a better job of prepping people who already have high end GPUs, legal, financial, competitive, and otherwise, but to be perfectly honest, our biggest failing was assuming we had been clear enough about setting expectations. Another problem is that people looked at the much less advanced technology in DK2 for $350 and assumed the consumer Rift would cost a similar amount, an assumption that myself (and Oculus) did not do a good job of fixing. I apologize.
>>
>>52282794
reddit gold is a super upvote to let you circlejerk even harder than a regular upvote.
i'm agreeing with you so hard it's costing me money.
>>
>>52282189
because it makes you process it
$600 - fuck that
$599 well that $600 is $600 too much, ect
>>
>>52282819
pt 2
>To be perfectly clear, we don’t make money on the Rift. The Xbox controller costs us almost nothing to bundle, and people can easily resell it for profit. A lot of people wish we would sell a bundle without “useless extras” like high-end audio, a carrying case, the bundled games, etc, but those just don’t significantly impact the cost. The core technology in the Rift is the main driver - two built-for-VR OLED displays with very high refresh rate and pixel density, a very precise tracking system, mechanical adjustment systems that must be lightweight, durable, and precise, and cutting-edge optics that are more complex to manufacture than many high end DSLR lenses. It is expensive, but for the $599 you spend, you get a lot more than spending $599 on pretty much any other consumer electronics devices - phones that cost $599 cost a fraction of that to make, same with mid-range TVs that cost $599. There are a lot of mainstream devices in that price-range, so as you have said, our failing was in communication, not just price.

>No more ballparks for now. I have learned my lesson.
>>
>>52282794
More like buying them a 4chan pass, a "come back here to post more" offering.
As dumb as twitch donators.
>>
>>52282189
Old business method

A dollar saved is a dollar earned.
>>
>>52282831
from another answer
>The unfortunate reality we discovered is that making a VR product good enough to deliver presence and eliminate discomfort was not really feasible at the lower prices of earlier dev kits that used mostly off the shelf hardware.

>We could have released a lower quality product and saved one or two hundred bucks, but the all-in cost for the average consumer (including PC) would not have budged significantly. To address a later post, mums and dads would be paying in the $1300 to $1500 range regardless.

>DK1 and DK2 cost a lot less - they used mostly off the shelf components. They also had significantly fewer features (back of head tracking, headphones, mic, removal facial interfaces, etc.) For Rift, we’re using largely custom VR technology (eg. custom displays designed for VR) to push the experience well beyond DK2 to the Crescent Bay level.
>>
>>52282189
subconscious psychological marketing stuff

599 is an easier number to digest than 600, even though it's effectively the same.
>>
>>52282867
>effectively the same

No its not, the spare dollar you save is like a rebate for partronizing the product.
>>
>>52282854
More useful info from the AMA, will continue dumping stuff I feel is relevant if you guys are interested.

>The overhead of managing a SKU without headphones would cost more than the savings of removing headphones. The integrated audio hardware is better than most cans out there, even expensive ones - the Rift has a built in low-noise DAC and amp, and our audio SDK is tuned around that hardware. Good audio does not cost much to build, especially when it is piggybacking on existing materials and distribution (ala the Rift).

>"As a self-professed audiophile, how would you rank the integrated audio solution alongside entry-level audiophile headphones like the ATH-M50x, or the HD 598s?"

>Favorably. They are open-back drivers with pretty accurate response and a great soundstage. Somewhat similar to ATH-AD700s.
>>
What I'm interested is the Vive.

Most people were pointing at a 450-600 price range for the Vive with a 300-350 price range for the Oculus.

Now Oculus went fucking full autist with over engineering the CV1 with some brand new invented magic fabric and expensive adjustable straps and high res cameras and leds while the Vive actually has LESS components and useless features (Seriously, the vive has a spinning laser which a low-res camera picks to detect objects in a room), I wonder if the Vive will undercut the Oculus.

Vive was premium against the DK2, but the CV1 is fucking ridiculous
>>
>>52282924
Are you *really* sure it's over-engineered, or that it's just hype pushed by Facebook, Inc. to make the fucking $200 difference in price easier to swallow?
>>
>>52282924

sure would be interesting for vive to be announced @ 400 before the rift releases

doubt it tho
>>
>>52282924

HTC going to release their second dev kit as a consumer product and then had to announce a huge delay after realising how bad it would be.

no reason to trust HTC
>>
>>52282962
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/oculus-rift-vr-hardware,30172.html

it's over engineered, they went full autistic, it's got fucking top of the line Sennheiser driver headphones built into it for no reason.

Vive is actually quite basic in comparison.
>>
>Reset your magnetometer every time you get near metal.
Wait for HTC Vive. Laser positioning and warped hard-boundary meshing.
>>
>>52282924
I was positive the Vive was going to be more expensive than the Rift, but after the price announcement, considering stuff like you just said, which is lots of unnecessary things on the Rift, like the headphones, controller and some of the stuff you mentioned, and also the fact that HTC already has the means to manufacture everything on Taiwan for cheaper, instead of assembling lots of different parts from different places on Silicon Valley like Oculus is doing, I think the Vive may as well be priced similarly to the Rift. The only question is whether the controllers are going to be a major impact, and if HTC is willing to sell at a loss (and how much) like Oculus is doing.
>>
>>52282748
More like mods are deleting every post that doesn't suck his dick or asks a hard question.
>>
>>52282167
>facebook
>>
>>52283004

Vive already confirmed integrated headphones as well, and the dildo controlers are obviously expensive.

HTC also always talked about having the premium VR experience, thinking it will be cheaper than the rift is wishful thinking
>>
>>52282916
What a load of bullshit.
>>
>>52282916
>We have been working on VR for a long time. A lot of these players did not even come into the game until long after we were well along on our current path - when Vive was first announced, for example, we had already shown our Crescent Bay prototypes six months prior, and showed the final Rift just a couple months later. Our strategy cannot change at the last second just because competition shows up and ships after we do.

>Same goes for future research - we are researching nobody else is, and have by far the largest VR team in the world to do so. We will continue doing things that we are uniquely positioned to do.

>>52282962
Wait for an inevitable teardown in February, or do the math now:
>2x small-ass OLED screens with a 25% larger combined resolution and 50% higher refresh rate than most desktop monitors
>Top of the line positional tracking
>Lenses almost on the level of a DSLR
>Interchangeable facial interface
funnily enough the audio stuff apparently isn't as costly as you think, see >>52282916

>>52283024
He actually went out of his way to spend the first half hour or so answering the 25 question megapost that the mods deleted. He's gone out of his way to apologize several times for the misleading price comments.
>>
>>52282991
i can imagine that they 'built in' the headphones because in the real world when you wear normal headphones with a strap its going be shitty after 15 minutes.

of all things to try and brag about, only having 1200 pixels of vertical resolution is fucking pathetic. the image quality is still going to be subpar and you will still get blurriness around the edges.
>>
>>52282453

>Romania

Best be watchin' out for Dracula
>>
>>52283043
premium compared to the DK2.

The CV1 is a fucking monster of hundreds of expensive custom parts and magic fabric and stupidly expensive sennheiser drivers.

They fucked up, HTC and Valve can kill the Rift just by releasing it $50 cheaper.
>>
>>52283046
>He's gone out of his way to apologize several times for the misleading price comments.

Well that's nice. It still doesn't fix anything. I found that post to be pretty shit damage control to be honest.

He keeps droning on and on about oh but the extras didn't add much, yet they still add in shit people didn't want. They could have found a way to cut the cost down but they didn't even try. They knew they could get away with it being first to market.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160106-233440.png (437 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160106-233440.png
437 KB, 1440x2560
>>52283090
>sennheiser drivers
Where are finding this?
>>
Aside from the $599, doesn't this thing need like 5 different cables?

3 usb 3.0, 1 usb 2.0 and a hdmi something
Like jesus
>>
>>52283090

We'll see, I'll be here when we see the Vive's price in a few months to laugh at all the delusional valve drones
>>
>>52283046
>He's gone out of his way to apologize several times for the misleading price comments.

One of the reasons I didn't back the kickstarter was because they were aiming for 200-$350 consumer release range and I thought "oh well then, I'll just wait"

Now it turns out all that backed the kickstarter get a CV1 for free.

Fuck them.

>>52283124
The 3D Audio shit is a Sennheiser trademark.
>>
>>52283043
I don't expect it to be cheaper than the Rift, but I also don't expect it to be that much more expensive. I get that the Rift seems like the 'premium VR experience', but I'm not sure it's worth in its current pricing considering how fast VR is moving. I bet the next VR 'generation' will probably have eye tracking, which may change things on a pretty big way.

Regardless, as naive as it might sound, I gotta say I trust Valve and their platform more than Oculus and Facebook. So far I haven't really liked much of what I've read about their Steam like service.
>>
>>52283046
>He's gone out of his way to apologize several times

And BP went out of the way to apologize several times for the oil spill. Words don't change the fact that they lied about the price.
>>
>>52283144
>The 3D Audio shit is a Sennheiser trademark
Nowhere did it specially say they use Sennheiser drivers.

Goddamn you autists even makes shit up about things you don't even own. I mean fucking why it takes one Google search to prove you wrong.
>>
I don't care about the price, because I haven't been following this closely. I don't think that $599 is unreasonable for a new piece of technology like this.

That said, I can see why people are complaining, because apparently the guys behind the Oculus Rift have been indicating that it would be in the 'ballpark' of $300-350, which I don't consider $600 to be in that 'ballpark', nor would many people.
>>
>>52283103
Well, yeah, in a sense. They're not trying to make an affordable introduction to VR, they're focusing on making the best headset they can at this point in time.

Lots of stuff happened in the almost four years between the KS getting funded and today. The landscape, in Palmer's words, changed. They also got virtually infinite funding to do bleeding-edge research into VR, which is something that someone like Palmer would literally be unable to refuse.

>>52283144
I share your jealousy.

>>52283153
The creation of Oculus Home isn't quite justifiable in my opinion, but having a unified interface to use within the Rift isn't necessarily a bad idea.

At least games won't be required to use it.

>>52283179
if you're actually equivocating this to an oil spill I think you should probably take a few deep breaths
>>
>>52282255
they said they were aiming for $400 yesterday....
>>
>>52283215
Where?
>>
>>52283211
>>52283046
Found the Oculus shill
>>
>>52283211
>They also got virtually infinite funding to do bleeding-edge research into VR,
please, its just going to be someone staring .5" into a screen at best
>>
>>52283211
>The creation of Oculus Home isn't quite justifiable in my opinion, but having a unified interface to use within the Rift isn't necessarily a bad idea.

I'd say is more about the already existing support and library on Steam. It's a lot easier to just use 'Steam VR'/Big Picture or whatever Valve comes up with for the Vive and already have all of the Steam library available, with VR supported games properly tagged, instead of using both the Oculus platform (which will have less titles) and Steam, which would be a hassle. I guess that's a minor inconvenience though, and this stuff will get sorted out over time, but still, I personally rather buy something that will work with an existing ecosystem instead of getting used to an extra new one.
>>
It costs more than that ($599) to make, so it's understandable.
>>
>>52283211
>Lots of stuff happened in the almost four years between the KS getting funded and today.

Those quotes about price happened far after the KS. Crescent Bay was out FFS and that wasn't super far off from what CV1 is. They should have known.
>>
>>52283282
source: the hole adjacent to my vagina
>>
>>52282189
It's to trick absent minded idiots. They might forget the exact price later, but they'll remember it was "somewhere around $500", when it was actually pretty much $600.
>>
>>52283296
From Palmer Luckey's Reddit AMA.

>To be perfectly clear, we don’t make money on the Rift. The Xbox controller costs us almost nothing to bundle, and people can easily resell it for profit. A lot of people wish we would sell a bundle without “useless extras” like high-end audio, a carrying case, the bundled games, etc, but those just don’t significantly impact the cost. The core technology in the Rift is the main driver - two built-for-VR OLED displays with very high refresh rate and pixel density, a very precise tracking system, mechanical adjustment systems that must be lightweight, durable, and precise, and cutting-edge optics that are more complex to manufacture than many high end DSLR lenses. It is expensive, but for the $599 you spend, you get a lot more than spending $599 on pretty much any other consumer electronics devices - phones that cost $599 cost a fraction of that to make, same with mid-range TVs that cost $599. There are a lot of mainstream devices in that price-range, so as you have said, our failing was in communication, not just price.
>>
File: standards.png (24 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
standards.png
24 KB, 500x283
>>52283255
I wish I was paid to make these posts - I'd actually be able to afford a Rift. Not a shill, just an evangelist. Feel free to actually disagree with me, and we can have a conversation, if you'd like.

>>52283275
pic related

>>52283288
The "600$ isn't affordable" comment was in 2013, and the "in the ballpark of 350" comment was when some media outlets were shitting their pants over the 1500$ figure Palmer was citing a full rift+desktop setup would cost and saying that a rift would be 1500. He was asked that question and responded that it'd be "more in the ballpark" of 350/the price of a DK2, which is technically true, although in hindsight, obviously misleading. He knew what he was talking about, although he didn't think of the implications, and he's acknowledged and apologized for it, which is probably the best thing he can do outside of lower the price-
>>52283296
which we can't know is an accurate at-cost figure or not until we see a full teardown. I'm equally skeptical, but Palmer's transparency (outside of universal corporate red tape) has been pretty good thus far.
>>
>>52283282
>>52283337
>facebook wanted to buy us out so we could sell the hardware at a loss, please believe me
>>
>>52282702
super late to this one, but I'm gonna fuckin post it anyway:
>take that shit back to /pol/
>it was a joke making fun of /pol/ that went WAY too far, and now kinda sorta is but really isn't a joke and it's posted under the guise of "board culture" but it's really just the worst kind of off-topic irrelevant shit posting
>tl;dr: the mods have given up on /g/ and now it's norm to post off-topic images and stuff that's borderlime NSFW (even though this is an SFW board) and /pol/ bullshit and everything is terrible and damn straight I'm fuckin furious
>>
I thought oculus seemed cool, a nice little addon for PC. Didn't give anything to kickstarter because I'm not retarded.

Then facebook bought them and I thought it might be for the best, FB has cash to burn for R&D.

But $600 for a peripheral that still needs a PC or maybe xbone to use it?

for $300 I might of grabbed one in lieu of a new monitor but $600usd, for christs sake.
>>
>>52283354
If you really don't believe him, wait for a teardown.

>>52283361
replying gives them more attention, replying angrily fuels them
>>
>>52283354
For real. Who the fuck would buy that line of shit?

No one sells at a loss unless they make it up elsewhere.
>>
>>52282167
idk why you faggots are so mad about this. It's the same price as a lot of phones release price.
>>
>>52283345
>The "600$ isn't affordable" comment was in 2013

And the $200-$400 ballpark was in 2014

You can't fucking give me that they didn't know that was what people expected. Palmer and many Oculus employees post on /r/oculus where it was constantly posted that's what they thought. They had ample fucking time to make it clear instead of 2 weeks before release to clear the air about price.
>>
>>52283337
But those phones come with a 5" screen and a full embedded computer, cellular, wifi, probably an HDMI driver for an external screen, and all that jazz. The modern smartphone is actually fairly impressive amount of hardware for the cost and size.
>>
It's clear that everyone wants but most people can't afford it.
>>
>>52283398
>>52283345
Oh and that ballpark of 350 wasn't from media outlets. It was straight out of Nate Mitchell mouth with Luckey present.
>>
>>52283367
>But $600 for a peripheral that still needs a PC or maybe xbone to use it?
You mean like the fucking monitor it's replacing? 4k monitors just recently got below $600 and you're going to need just as good of hardware to use the Oculus rift.

>>52283409
See the link here >>52282991, there's much more to this thing than a some screens and a couple lenses shoved into a case.
>>
>>52283385
According to his AMA, they plan to make it up with software.
>>
>>52283345
>Palmer's transparency (outside of universal corporate red tape) has been pretty good thus far.

Don't confuse transparency with lies anon. Seriously, are you this gullible?
>>
>>52283409
>implying phones don't cost like $40 to manufacture
>>
>>52283398
>>52283423
I addressed that comment.

What, did you think they were going to play a game of "guess the price" with a bunch of fanboys?

He's said several times he could have handled it a lot better, and he gets why people are frustrated.

Read his own words, see what you think. See >>52282819

>>52283447
People keep saying he's lied, but all he's done are handle estimates poorly. Point out a contradictory statement he's made that you can actually prove is contradictory, in context.
>>
> $599
> nogaems
> defended by fanboys

Oh lawd it's the PS3 all over again.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 425x282
FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLARS
>>
>>52283459
>I addressed that comment.

No, you and he did not. That comment is about the $1500 statement. He did some roundabout backwards apology to put it on the media outlets letting out a false statment. It's PR bullshit and you're falling for it like the fanboy you are.
>>
>>52282189
>"If something’s even $600, it doesn’t matter how good it is, how great of an experience it is — if they just can’t afford it, then it really might as well not exist." - Palmer Luckey, June 6 2013
>>
>>52283487
Well thank god he saved me that $1, now I can afford it!
>>
They're using oled too. Static elements will burn in.

If you're unlucky you'll get manufacturing faults such as lines, screen tint, brightness imbalance and tons of other annoying stuff. Just Google nexus 6p/note 5 screen issues on xda. Those phones are using the most advanced oled panels available.
>>
>>52283486
Reread the posts.

The 1500$ statement was his explanation for the 350$ ballpark.

>Earlier last year, we started officially messaging that the Rift+Recommended spec PC would cost roughly $1500. That was around the time we committed to the path of prioritizing quality over cost, trying to make the best VR headset possible with current technology. Many outlets picked the story up as “Rift will cost $1500!”

>In a September interview, during the Oculus Connect developer conference, I made the infamous “roughly in that $350 ballpark, but it will cost more than that” quote. As an explanation, not an excuse: during that time, many outlets were repeating the “Rift is $1500!” line, and I was frustrated by how many people thought that was the price of the headset itself. My answer was ill-prepared, and mentally, I was contrasting $349 with $1500, not our internal estimate that hovered close to $599 - that is why I said it was in roughly the same ballpark.

>palmer says "rift + desktop costs 1500"
>media says "omg rift is 1500"
>palmer says "no it's more in the ballpark of our current headset", thinking people would take ballpark as meaning three instead of four figures
>realizes he fucked up later
>tries and fails to damage control

If you don't understand, I honestly don't know how else to spell it out.

>>52283487
kek
>>
>>52283361
So you don't believe him? The jews literally are the cancer of society today and this much anyone can realize if he actually bothers to research simple facts like who was at the helm of the mortgage bond scam of 2008 or any other major economic disaster in history.
>>
>>52282702
my sides are gone anon
>>
>>52283540
Yes, I know what you're saying and I'm telling you that you're just falling for bullshit.

As I posted Nate Mitchell and Luckey said they wanted to be in the $200-$400 range. They had that mantra before the $1500 thing even came out. They kept saying it still.

And AGAIN, they had ample fucking time to let people know instead of two fucking weeks. They knew for a full damn year that's what people were expecting and they still left people in the dark.

No, this isn't some fucking offhand remark because of the $1500 bullshit. But go ahead keep trusting him.
>>
>>52283437
This isn't "replacing" anyone's monitor any time soon. It's a gimmick.
>>
>>52282755
double the cost of devkits.

>>52283386
phones are more than just monitors, which this basically is, outside of some accelerometers which and and shit that i can buy in bulk for 15$

all the data feeds to the computer, this is a monitor with very little more.

shit also comes with 2 controllers, and headphones that no one will fucking use.

>>52282212
vr if you have ever used it is the future of gaming, but till you have used vr you have to take my word for it.

>>52282381
give it 5 years and you will see the way videos are recorded start to change, the way games are played will change on the pc, and than next cycle for consoles they will also change the industry to vr being the norm.

>>52282542
the only vr i can remember that failed was the virtural boy, and unless you ever had one of those on your head, you don't get to talk about it failing because of the vr component.

>>52282619
im just going to skip the rift all the fuck together, i was going to get it at 350 and have fun, but if i have to pay 600 i would rather give it to a company that i like than despise.

>>52282695
no, its really not, take a look at cellphones and their bill of materials, almost all screens come in at under 100$, some 1080p come in at less than 30.

>>52283475
to be fair, at the time it was the cheapest blu ray player and for a good 4 years was the best stand alone.
>>
>>52283540
>$350
>roughly the same ballpark as $599

I guess this just happens when you end up being a billionaire, heh
>>
This is like watching a video game forum in 2005 all over again... All the Sony fanboys thought PS3 was going to be better, cheaper, and much more popular than Xbox 360 just because they hadn't seen it yet.
>>
>>52283437
yeah and 4k monitors aren't worth $600 for no content either
>>
>>52283599
Where else has he said it? Curious, I haven't heard it anywhere other than people quoting that one instance.
>>
File: htc-vive-consumer-leak-headset.png (158 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
htc-vive-consumer-leak-headset.png
158 KB, 800x600
>>52282167
pointless, the htc vive will be superior
>>
>>52283630
Close, his net worth is actually 700 million. :^)
>>
>>52283637
>http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-01-oculus-answers-the-big-rift-questions
>As for the eventual price: the consumer version should come in similar to what DK2 costs now. "We want to stay in that $200-$400 price range," he states. "
>>
File: starvr_1-100590929-orig.png (1 MB, 2114x1414) Image search: [Google]
starvr_1-100590929-orig.png
1 MB, 2114x1414
>buying into facebook zuckerjew VR
>not holding out a year or two for superior hardware to come from non illumanti vendors

I'm not giving my money to that pasty hooknose government shill, and neither should you. In a couple years there'll be a dozen HMD on the market, and they'll all be using an open SDK instead of some locked down proprietary shitheap.
>>
>>52283630
#justbillionairethings
>>
>>52283475
But those $600 actually got you a complete system, sans any game titles and a screen (which is assumed you'd have).

These $600 doesn't play shit. They assume that the typical reader has the average $1000 built PC OR has a >$1300 PC straight from the manufacturer, along with any other needed PC peripherals.

Just FYI, most PC builders have sub $600 "worth" builds right now. And by $600 "worth", I mean the benchmark set by a brand new build made right now using modern parts for $600, as even 5 year old $1k Nehalem builds with no upgrades may not be as fast as a modern cheaper build.

They've effectively priced themselves out of >95% of the "PC Master Race" crowd, of which the "PC Master Race" crowd was effectively the sheer minority amongst video game players (compared to console players and surprisingly mobile game players).

They'll get hardly any sales and this product will therefore fail to get any traction in the market.

Even a Playstation VR headset for $600 would fare better sales and popularize VR as a gaming medium far better than Oculus Rift, just from the fact that Sony can actually move the units to people at much higher rate.

Price was paramount for Oculus Rift to make ANY headway in the market. They literally shot themselves in the foot with this.
>>
>>52283638
just wait for the $1000 price tag announcement

>>52283677
>They literally shot themselves in the foot
lel
>>
>>52283662
>"That could slide in either direction depending on scale, pre-orders, the components we end up using, business negotiations..."
literally the same sentence
>>
>>52283211
GO back to leddit you fucking troglodyte pseudo intellectual piece of shit
>>
>>52283677
>Even a Playstation VR headset for $600 would fare better sales and popularize VR as a gaming medium far better than Oculus Rift, just from the fact that Sony can actually move the units to people at much higher rate.

The PSVR thing comes with a separate GPU along with the headset. Amazon put up the preorder price on their Canadian site and its about $800 USD though.
>>
>>52283417
Do most people not have $600 to spare? I could buy it but it's not worth it at that price. There's about 2 decent games for it at launch.
>>
>>52283701
Either direction. Remember the same mantras from Oculus going about they wanted to give them out for free if they could and Facebook would make it cheaper? The knew what they were doing.
>>
>>52283720
>Amazon put up the preorder price
means nothing
>>
>>52283669
>Starjew

L M A O
>>
>>52283726
This, I have $600 but I've tried Crecent Bay, it's not worth almost twice the price after tax + shipping for me. It's a better experience sure but it isn't a gamechanger, I'm still using a goddamn controller like with my DK2 with it and apparently DK2 will support SDK1.0 anyway.

DK2 came out 2 years ago now. You're supposed to improve and keep the same price point, not make it cost twice as much.
>>
VR made me buy a SLI GTX 980 laptop. I'm hype

http://www.gentechpc.com/showpages.asp?pid=1565
>>
>>52283787
kill yourself
>>
>>52283727
Either direction, yeah, that's what he said.
Because it's really impossible to know what your final consumer product is going to cost if you've barely finished getting a second developer kit out the door.

>about they wanted to give them out for free if they could
If you were in Palmer's position and felt that strongly about the possibilities of VR, I can't imagine you wouldn't feel a similar way.

>and Facebook would make it cheaper?
This is the only part we don't know yet. We have no reason to believe Palmer's lying about Facebook subsidizing the thing other than general cynicism (which is healthy), but I'm still waiting for a teardown at this point.

>>52283773
see palmer's response, dunno if you'll like it or not but these are his words
>>52282854

>>52283787
>laptop
I wish I had that much disposable income that I could just throw away like that.
>>
>>52282167
>FIVE HUNDRED NINETY NINE US DOLLARS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOHqG1nc_tw
>>
>>52283629
>>>52283386
>phones are more than just monitors, which this basically is,
>all the data feeds to the computer, this is a monitor with very little more.
Your mobile phone doesn't have 90hz, global refresh and such a high density of pixels and high quality lenses. Dedicated screens is why OR is this expensive.
>>
>>52283813
120 hrz cellphone screens are a few years old now, not every one has them, but they are out there apparently.
>>
>>52283726
I dont think id drop $600 on it right now either even if i had it, will be interesting to see what it all amounts to
It would have to really super awesome though, just putting on all that gear starts to turn it into a gimmicky turn off
>>
>>52283810
I've read his response. I don't know how it's supposed to change my standpoint on its worth when I've actually tried the thing. He can say all he wants trying to justify the changes the made that made it cost that much but in his own words " if they just can’t afford it, then it really might as well not exist." It just ain't worth it.
>>
>>52283720
Not true.
There is no 'extra GPU/CPU' with the headset. As far as we know it's just hardware to push the pixels to the VR screens, no extra processing.

Also I believe Sony said it would be priced similarly to a console, so I really doubt it will be more expensive than 499.

I hope it works with PCs or that someone manages to make it do so, because that would immediately sell me on it, as I already own a PS4 and a PC that meets the current Oculus specs.
>>
>>52283813
>Dedicated screens is why OR is this expensive
It's expensive because of the lack of competitors (with retail products). They're charging this much because early adopters will likely pay that much. They're getting the first shot at a brand new market.
>>
>>52283847
So don't buy it. There will be a better and likely cheaper version in a year or two.

I wish I had your discretion, frankly.
>>
>>52283810
>Because it's really impossible to know what your final consumer product is going to cost if you've barely finished getting a second developer kit out the door.

Except he did know later on and admitted it. Again, I'm tired of repeating myself here, you're just going to defend him regardless, they had ample time and they fucking knew what people thought because of those statements.
>>
>>52283848
First of all, fucking kill yourself.

It has a separate SoC, a complete X86 SoC inside of a box.
>>
>>52283862
>So don't buy it.

Yes? I'm just letting people know my opinion which is pretty experienced now (I got one of the first DK2s) that I don't think the changes are worth it, well at least CB anyway, but I hear the differences aren't major.
>>
>>52282167
>comes with mario 64 and starfox
>>
>>52283855
Yep, if it weren't for the lack of competition they'd sell it at a loss just like Sony did with PS4 and eventually make up the costs with better production and their store.
>>
>>52283864
I'm not trying to necessarily defend Palmer by saying he didn't do anything wrong, I'm trying to explain what happened, and I guess I'm doing a bad job. Sorry to waste your time. I agree that he made a pretty big mistake, I'm just one of those people who likes to play devil's advocate a bit too much.

>>52283884
Yeah, that might have come off a bit wrong. Whoops.
CV1, from what I understand, is a bit of an improvement from Crescent Bay, but not by as significant an amount as the other hardware jumps.

>>52283903
hah
>>
>>52282167
NO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IT'S FUCKING RUINED!!! FUCK YOU!!!! FUUUUUCK YOUO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
>>
>valve releases their VR headset at 300$ and make a loss on it
>release HL3 afterwards to make more money than they lose selling the headset
>completely dominate the VR market
Please do it Gaben
>>
>>52284010
They already said HL3 isn't a VR game. Also that would only work if they were going proprietary which hasn't been their style so far.
>>
>>52284010
>release HL3 afterwards to make more money than they lose selling the headset
They aren't going to release HL3. They enough money already to risk fucking up HL3. Steam is almost synonymous with Half-Life. It's easier to just keep it in their back pocket than risk a flop.
>>
>>52284049
>Steam is almost synonymous with Half-Life.

I doubt more than a third of Steam's userbase has even played Half-Life
>>
>>52284049
Unless HL3 has some insane innovation, it would indeed just flop. Over 8 years of hype, for a followup to a series that is known to always be groundbreaking in some way. VR is obviously not what the series need, considering Valve isn't going to make it VR exclusive, and if they don't then the VR capability on the game is just a gimmick.

I think it's quite possible that they release some sort of spin-off of any of their other popular IPs, the top candidates being Portal and L4D. HL3 is just not happening ever.
>>
File: 1452140988288.jpg (49 KB, 298x247) Image search: [Google]
1452140988288.jpg
49 KB, 298x247
$599
>>
>>52284185
saved
>>
>>52282189
It's a handy trick in order to say "it's under $xxx".

"Wow it's not even $600!"
"We were able to sell this for under $600."
etc.
>>
File: 1452130808566.jpg (185 KB, 635x762) Image search: [Google]
1452130808566.jpg
185 KB, 635x762
>>52282748
>>52283337
palmer is a reasonable guy
>>
>>52284263
>obscenely cheap

Well if that's the case I guess HTC will end up costing $2000

Oh well
>>
>>52283787
>VR made me buy a SLI GTX 980 laptop
lmao
>>
>>52284185
It's been too long, I need more resurrected ps3 memes.
>>
>>52282167
>WAAAH, IT DOESN'T COST $49 USD
>>
>>52284263
>he didn't make enough money to retire simply on kickstarter
>he didn't make enough to retire 10 times over from facebook sellout
>they aren't releasing this turd early just to beat HTC/Valve
>this isn't going to flop hard
........................................................................................................................................NOGAEMS
>>
ITT: Poorfags
>>
>>52284344
not even a poorfag, just not dumb to spend 600 USD (over 1000 on my country) on tech that is getting outdated in a year
>>
>tfw all the dev kit owners spent the last year or two whacking off into fleshlights instead of making games and there are only two shitty games at launch

If you own a dev kit and have nothing to show for it, you are the cancer killing VR.
>>
>>52284103
No joke but a guy on my friends list played Garrys mod for over 1400 hours and never even touched the Half Life franchise.
>>
>>52284405
But what if I was whacking into fleshlights while making a game so people can do the same in VR?
>>
>>52284431
But you weren't, or there would be three games.
>>
>>52284405
there will be quote "dozens"

we already know about a good amount

plus vorpx is a thing
>>
>>52284449
Oculus isn't putting porn on their launch titles bro
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPDP6l4weLc
>>
File: ritech2.jpg (80 KB, 1600x899) Image search: [Google]
ritech2.jpg
80 KB, 1600x899
15$ (~3$ cardboard version) + 99$ smartphone ...
>>
>>52284465
That's why it won't sell well
>>
>>52282167
>$600
>still sells below cost
It's over Oculus VR is finished. Even if they manage to cut the costs below 300 they still have to recoup the costs of the first gen which forces them to price it close to 600 for the second generation.
>>
>>52284232
>>52283330
>>52282827
>>52282228
>>52282216

Literally no one I know buys into that, why are you so full of yourselves?
>>
>>52284489
While we're on the subject, which one of those shitty chink plastic viewers are good? I'm looking for one with larger lenses than my current cardboard headset, which is literal cardboard
>>
option a:
Everyone buys it at this price basically telling Occulus and future companies this price point is OK.

option b:
Nobody pays this ridiculous price and they are forced to drop the price.

We all know what will happen. gg vr
>>
>>52284547
>Nobody pays this ridiculous price and VR dies.
>>
I already have a 3D screen, I can wait for a price drop/competition. Kinda sucks because I'm not sure if I want to invest in trackIR anymore.
>>
>>52284574
just like it did with the 90s, dissapointing
>>
>>52284523

You overestimate the common shopper
>>
>tfw rich kids will get it and just play minecraft and COD
>>
>>52284658
rich kids gonna get all razor gear plus this just to play csgo

what a time to be alive
>>
the peasantry is upset...oh my... not my concern. bahahahaha
>>
How's the compatibility with simracing and flight simulators? I can't see many other uses for it tee bee aich family.
>>
>>52284620
tyrone cant show off his Rift nor can some dumb bitch
>>
>tfw motion sickness
>>
Fuck those cunts for making people believe it would be around $350.

I fucking hope they fail now
>>
>>52284772
Seems legit, I doubt I will bother unless I have extra cash to upgrade my wheel and stick though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_Oculus_Rift_support
>>
>>52284772
Everybody into that shit that I know already uses the smartphone head attachments, there is literally no advantage of spending $600 for this just for that.
>>
I'm laughing at all of the poor fags in this thread that can't afford the future.

>oculus will now fail
>too expensive, they will fail
>never tried modern vr but compares it to virtualboy

stay mad, poorfags
>>
>>52284886
>paying extra for DK 2.2 with HTC/Valve just around the corner
>>
>>52284773
Common shopper, not poor shopper.
>>
>>52282726
import tax is included in to the 700€
>>
>Oculus Riptoff
>>
>>52284489
it's garbage not even worth $1

source: i bought one
>>
Maybe 10% of people have a capable PC, maybe 10% of those people can afford this thing.

Nobody is going to develop for this if there's no userbase to speak off
>>
>>52283144
>Now it turns out all that backed the kickstarter get a CV1 for free.
>Fuck them.

You're salty because you DIDN'T back the fledgeling Kickstarter project where it all began, and those who did are getting rewarded?

Get a fucking grip, kid.
>>
>>52283473
If you want to go down that road: the PS3 turned out better in the end.

I fucking still don't want to buy an xbone or a ps4 because my ps3 is better.
>>
>>52283662
Ultimately they delivered on a quality high end product rather than a sub-par poverty helmet for all the shekel-less serfs.
Awfully tempted to order one. I thought they would skimp the fuck out of CV1 trying to get a low price tag. From the specs it sounds like they went for the high end of things.
>>
>>52285481
>From the specs it sounds like they went for the high end of things.

Are you a shill or something? Because if you go by specs alone it's lower res than the cheaper entry level GearVR.
>>
>>52282189
Research showed that it makes a big difference, especially if you hear it or read it out loud. And yes, women fall for this trick more than men. And men are easier deceived by shipping costs I believe (can't find the research anymore).

Five Ninety-Nine vs Six Hundred
>>
>>52282167
>First Comercial VR Headset
>Billions of Dollars of development funds after Fuckerberg put Oculus up his rectum
>Godly industry legends working on it

>Complaining like the poorfag you are.
Why don't you go buy the HTC Vive and fuck off. As if it was going to be any cheaper than this.
>>
>>52285579
>they've literally been saying around $350 for years
>literally charged almost double
>>
http://allthingsd.com/20130606/oculus-co-founders-luckey-and-mitchell-on-the-rifts-progress-price-and-limitations-qa-part-one/

>Luckey: I’m one of the few people where it’s different. I would spend whatever it was. Gamers are not known to be the most affluent population of people. If something’s even $600, it doesn’t matter how good it is, how great of an experience it is — if they just can’t afford it, then it really might as well not exist. We’re going for the mainstream, but time will tell what the market is.
>>
>>52285514
Cheaper assuming you already own one of their 650+$ phones you mean. What's the plan to make it actually run anything well, duct tape a 970 to it?
>>
File: perfrel_3840_2160~01.png (147 KB, 500x1080) Image search: [Google]
perfrel_3840_2160~01.png
147 KB, 500x1080
>complain about price
>not realizing you need a $650 gpu to play games smoothly on MEDIUM

The resolution is 3k 90hz which is much more demanding than 4k because needs to meet a specific frame rate. Your 970 and 390s will be struggling run the games on low settings where it'll break the immersion anyways with the shitty textures.
>>
>>52285623
It's cheaper considering the entry level PC is priced at $1k

Also honestly, you can get any 2560x1440 phone and a chinese clone along with a bluetooth controller for less than GearVR + Samsung shit
>>
>>52285595
>Billionaire buys the company
>Expecting any continuity

If you didn't kickstart it, you (anyone really) has no right to complain. And if you kickstarted it and got the DK1, you get your consumer unit for free anyways. People have very unrealistic expectations.

Judging by the price, Oculus is going to aim to be the Apple of VR headsets. Premium price for a 'premium' product.
>>
>>52285623
There's already talks about upgrading the panel used in the DK2 to a one that matches GearVR, just like what they did with DK1 to upgrade it to 1080p. The DK2 used a Note 3 panel which is the exact same size as the Note 4.
>>
>>52285665
>Premium price for a 'premium' product.

I'm going to laugh when Vive ends up being better.
>>
>>52285645
I already have a high end PC with a 980 Ti to play the hundreds of games already available. Thing is I don't want to pay $600 for the limited selection of games they have for VR, that kind of suckerage is for console cucks.
>>
>>52285790
You can literally use it for half a year and resell it for what you paid. Some people still can't buy it through official channels and some get fucked on taxes and shipping. China specifically is an enormous market where the dev kits resold for over 1000 USD.
>>
>>52285868
I already get fucked with taxes and shipping where I live bud.
>>
>>52285423
I didn't back it because they said they were aiming for a 250-350 price point.

If they said the Oculus on launch was going to be 600 fucking dollars, yes, I would have supported it.
>>
File: 1451776390179.png (4 KB, 368x376) Image search: [Google]
1451776390179.png
4 KB, 368x376
>>52283361
>>
>>52282389
Inflation brah, last years $400 is clearly this years $600.

Thanks Obama
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOHqG1nc_tw
>>
Funny thing is i was expecting $600 CAD, and was gonna gleefully stomach it when i got up early to preorder.

I don't get why americans are complaining itd fairly reasonable, i doubt they have much if any margins on it. And vives rumored to be more.

I am just getting assfucked by the shitty dollar and its maid my consumerist side so fucking sad. same thing happend with 980ti.

I just want nice computer :(
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6472002
>>
>>52286837
Please, in my country the exchange rate tanked two times over from 36 to a dollar to 72 to a dollar in 18 months, you guys still have it good.
>>
>>52282167
>not just buying a Google Cardboard for $5 from eBay
It's like you want to convert to Judaism.
>>
>costs about the same as a low end gaming computer

>costs nearly 2x as much as a ps4 or xbox

>my eyes are free
>>
>>52286946
Harper amiright?
>>
At the end of the day, it's their product. they can set whatever price point they want. so what if they lied? its the first generation VR technology. you'd be a retard to hope for a $300 price point.
>>
>1200x1080
>fucking sub 4:3 aspect ratio
>probably something like 45° fov
>curved edges

This piece of shit is going to be alcoholism simulator for your eues and brain. You can strap single 7inch 1080p screen with fresnel lense to your head and get 3x times the enjoyment for half the price.

No tricks no bullshit. Google headplay hd as an example.
>>
File: bueh....gif (968 KB, 467x250) Image search: [Google]
bueh....gif
968 KB, 467x250
>>52282167
>700 eur

JUST
>>
File: ayy.png (116 KB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
116 KB, 500x272
>>52287087
poorfag weeb, spend less money on those fleshlights :^)
>>
>>52285922
I didn't invest in APPL because it wasn't a very promising company. Their early range of computers failed to reach market.

If they had told me it was going to appreciate thousands of percent, yes, I would have invested.

t. Your dumb ass
>>
File: 1417569308198.png (852 KB, 1319x585) Image search: [Google]
1417569308198.png
852 KB, 1319x585
>>52287113
Poor enough to not see the worth in investing to a first generation VR yes.
>>
Still no sort of confirmation email or anything, this the same for everyone?
>>
Wonder how many units they actually will sell. Most of their pre-order delays will because they are shipping 7K for free.
>>
File: traitor.jpg (30 KB, 640x491) Image search: [Google]
traitor.jpg
30 KB, 640x491
>>52287128
I know what you are
>>
>>52283337
They don't make money on it because it's not for sale yet and they're already millions in the hole on R&D.
If you honestly think they're selling it at a loss you're retarded. They're making money hand-over-fist to recoup the money they're already in on it. This is just shady marketing BS.
>>
>>52282167
>pay 600 bucks for facebook to scan your biometrics and sell it.

fuck no.
>>
https://twitter.com/vk2zay/status/684970214656585728

Yates better be trolling $100 in the screens haha
>>
>>52287593
I knew the guy was full of shit
>>
>>52284285
five-piece IMU datagloves still cost that much; $600 is cheap af
>>
FOR ONLY $599!
>>
>>52282775
not strayan but this feels amazing

I've came in my own mouth, too. Semen is really, really warm. It wasn't as salty as I expected, though.
>>
The Vive will save HTC
>>
Can't you play games at 480p? Honestly, why do you need 1080p when 480p looks just as good.
>>
>>52282189
It might sound stupid, but it probably works, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it. Even if it's just a small bump in sales/profit, it's worth it.
>>
>>52287811
this is bait
>>
>>52287823
No. I've been playing games and watching anime in 480p for ages. They run extremely well and don't require a monster pc.

Can't you realize that high-res is a sham?
>>
File: 1233255977804.jpg (23 KB, 414x425) Image search: [Google]
1233255977804.jpg
23 KB, 414x425
>>52282167
Immersive porn!

A really long story, with excellent graphics and setting, and two minutes of action porn!

Choose your own adventure first person porn!

The possibilities are endless!
>>
>>52284523

They do, though. It's just subconscious.

People generally say $599 the same way they say $5.99 so it mixes in our brain as easily affordable.

Meanwhile for $600 everyone thinks "six hundred".
>>
>>52287593

To be fair Samsung does like to overprice their screens.
>>
>>52287873

They claimed to sell this at cost and the screens being a large portion of it. 2 screens at $50 isn't bad.
>>
>>52287206
>ifunny
>>
Eh, I'll just wait two years to see where the VR porn is
>>
File: bait.png (42 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
42 KB, 500x501
>>52287951
>>
File: pidg.png (25 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
pidg.png
25 KB, 256x256
>>52283345
>mfw pic relate works with nearly every instant messaging standard
>>
>>52287844
>rendering photorealistic 3D porn games
>producing photorealistic 3D porn games
none of these are happening in this decade
>>
>>52288237
pidgin is a good example of breadth rather than depth. you can use pidgin for all sorts of shit, but trying to get facebook messenger and irc and all the other shit working in the same package means that none of them works as well as a purpose-built client would.

this is saying nothing of pidgin storing credentials in plaintext like some retarded monkey wrote it.
>>
>>52288268
Blame facefucks for leaving XMPP which broke every chat client except for messenger. It's a minor blessing that Pidgin still works with it.
>>
>>52285645
>The resolution is 3k
the resolution is 2160x1200.
>>
>>52288284
I'm not going to blame Facebook for running their own code the way they want. It's their prerogative to run a chat platform however they want, and it's unbelievably entitled of you to cast it like they had to stay on the XMPP protocol, especially saying nothing of the fact that facebook's chat platform offers features XMPP simply doesn't support.

The point is just that Pidgin tries to do more than it should, and in doing so it does too little for everyone. There's no built in reason justifying how bad an IRC client pidgin is, except that the people working on pidgin are trying to make it be a jack of all trades.
>>
>>52282167
>599 dollars united stats dollars
>>
>>52287776
Reading that again
>peeing
>>
>>52288253
>photorealistic
It's like you aren't a weeb or something
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.