[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was thinking a lot and probably went too autistic. What if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1451167686631-b.jpg (84 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
1451167686631-b.jpg
84 KB, 500x598
I was thinking a lot and probably went too autistic.

What if we built the ultimate master race computer?

3 big SSDs, 3 SOs (Windows, OS X and somen Linux distro). All them have their own advantages and disavantages and would make everybody happy.

This build would be a very expensive and I just started with the disks. What would you add to this build? And is this idea too bad?
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>52268008
you're too autistic for a Mac.
>>
>>52268008
Linux is redundant if you have OSX.

Personally I run OSX (hackintosh) 90% of the time, and switch to Win10 for vidya.
>>
OS X would be useless if you dualboot Windows and Linux.
>>
>>52268338
>Linux is redundant if you have OSX.
It is, if you want poor filesystem support, comparatively inferior firewalls, a slower kernel, less modularity, slightly inferior non tunable font rendering, a non-native aptitude-like package manager that's not as good as portage, less hardware support, slower drivers, outdated software, and less bug fixes.
>>
File: 1449262182479.jpg (125 KB, 634x1129) Image search: [Google]
1449262182479.jpg
125 KB, 634x1129
>>52268338
>Personally I run OSX (hackintosh) 90% of the time, and switch to Win10 for vidya.
Master race.
>>
>>52268008
What i'd do is add an additional main board to the mix and load a linux server distro on it to host whatever the fuck I want (utilizing a small 19"> monitor for it). Whether it be game server, homemedia, my personal website, email host, vpn, etc.

Then have a main 21:9 monitor using windoze and Mac OSX.
Use Windows for gaming and web browsing then swap over to Mac for photo/video editing and mah Pro Tools.
Though I'd be truly preferr to just get an 8+ core Xeon and split resources to load both OS's at once and use a HDMI/DP KBM to swap between OS's so I never have to turn either off.
Instead of some janky ass dual boot bullshit.

Hardwarewise:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TJQmbv
For Windows/Mac

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rTgvP6
For linux server

This is assuming everything is backed up seperate of this Stacker system.

>And is this idea too bad?

Can't say yet, I'm not that close to achieving it.
Got my gaming PC with Win10 sitting right here and a soon to be linux server with a Q6600 in it. I say soon to be because I forgot the Q6600 didn't have integrated graphics so I need to grab some random video card, damn 775 tomfoolery.
>>
>>52268008
Three watercooled Fury Nanos.
>>
>>52268539
Oh yeah forgot to note,

2 Fury Nano's for windows, 1 for Mac.
Everything else is a 1:1 split.
32GB:32GB, 1SSD/1HDD:1SSD/1HDD, 5cores:5cores, etc.
>>
>>52268008
Not BSD so shit
>>
>>52268355
this desu senpai
>>
File: 1442854066932.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1442854066932.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>52268386

Underrated post.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.