[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ai
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: HeroSandroI.gif (6 KB, 109x101) Image search: [Google]
HeroSandroI.gif
6 KB, 109x101
usually when i'm drunk i post to r9k, but i want to talk about technology. specifically general ai.

when do you think it will happen? do you think it will come out of some huge company like google/ms/apple/ibm, or some startup, or some lone wolf genius? or do you think there won't ever be a single 'inventor' or point on the timeline that can be said to be 'the start of ai', just incremental progress until people finally generally agree that we're there?
>>
cmon guys, i know you have an opinion on this, every faggot from elon musk to bill gates thinks ai will destroy the human race.
>>
It will happen when we least expect it.
>>
>>52264241
>tfw you will never be an ai

>tfw your memories will never be stored perfectly on hard drives in your core

>tfw you will never know the power
>>
I think it just happened.
>>
>>52264804
?
>>
>>52264867
Every post is an ai, even this one, you are human?
>>
>>52264745
lemme tell you why i think this is false. my example is weather prediction. the weather is a complex, chaotic system. even if you had non-interacting thermometers placed on every square inch of the earth, and a perfect weather model, and unlimited computing resources, you couldn't predict the weather more than a month in advance.

i think some problems, in fact, many problems that we care about, are similar to the above. ai might be 'smarter' than us, in that it will be ridded of cognitive biases and able to process much more data at a faster rate, but i don't think it will have some sort of godlike capability to outsmart us.

i think there are limits on intelligence.
>>
>>52264745
>every faggot from elon musk to bill gates thinks ai will destroy the human race.
Yeah, everyone except actual AI researchers. The letter from Elon Musk et al. has been widely called out for how retarded it is. Some of the big names in tech are actually pretty delusional. Modern day artificial intelligence is not close at all to sci-fi artificial intelligence.

One big current project in AI research is simulating the neural network of one of the simplest organisms in existence: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenWorm

A computer simulating human-level intelligence is something we can barely conceive yet. We have no idea what it would be like.
>>
>>52264882
i think automated shitposting is within our capability. write a bot to solve the captcha and identify faggots posters who are ripe for trolling.
IT'S UP TO YOU, ANON. I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT.
>m'uh shitposting
>>
>>52264241
>>52264745
The NSA already has Quantum AI predicting future criminal activity and decrypting suspect's communications.
>>
>>52264971
i totally get that. we aren't close. but those faggots do think that eventually ai will be a threat to humanity.

regardless of WHEN we get there, when we do arrive at that place, what do you think the capabilities of said ai will be? i don't think it will be a threat in the slightest, unless we basically take a black-box type of setup (e.g. something like neural networks) where we don't really know how it works, and stick that in a competitive evolutionary algorithm sandbox, and out pops some 'ai' that apparently works, via an unknown mechanism. in that case, the evolutionary algorithms will select for the best survival ai, which could be cunning/conniving/deceitful/etc, which might or might not be a threat to us;
>>
>>52265139
Then how come they couldn't stop saint bernardino?
>>
>>52265295
>couldn't
They could've.

We all know why they didn't.
>>
>>52264241

Homm GOAT
>>
>>52265606
i agree. tell me more, anon
>>
>>52264241
>usually when i'm drunk i post to r9k
Go do that, never post on my board again.
>>
>>52264241
sup drunk bro

ai ain't gonna happen in our lifetime; everyone on some next level delusions of grandeur look at all the problems in the world and tell me with a straightface such an accomplishment is possible by these neanderthal motherfuckers ayy
>>
>>52265826
PLEASE give me a well-thought out, logical rebuttal. until then, go suck yourself off your faggot weabo loser.
>>
>>52265843
yeah just look at ray jewsweld and that's what his mantra is, wor dfor jewish jrod. word. word up.
>>
>>52265843
>.
you think ww3 will wipe out all/most of us and retard the progression of science?
>>
>>52265324
CONSPIRACY THEORY
>>
>>52265722

Necromancy OP.
>>
File: ai.jpg (41 KB, 450x507) Image search: [Google]
ai.jpg
41 KB, 450x507
>>52264241
There are two ways this shit can go:
1. You fuckers keep not giving a shit about AI and well being of humanity and let corporations sell you personal assistants.

2. You fuckers get your shit together and start contributing your knowledge to open source AI projects, where whole community has insight into code and can prevent shady shit like AI being biased or using subliminal messaging.

It may be too soon for this to start happening, but it is exactly the right time for people to start thinking about this.
One of projects I follow just recently announced and explained their plan about how they will make knowledge contribution possible:
https://mycroft.ai/how-mycroft-plans-to-make-building-skills-accessible/
>>
>>52264241
/r/ing the image of russel and norvig with the text calling out the singularity faggots
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.