[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the hype has died down, is this revolutionary new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
So now that the hype has died down, is this revolutionary new device people thought it would be?

Is it a macbook killer? A new mobile computing paradigm?
>>
>>52261566
I'm looking forward to the clones so I can get one without paying the MS tax.
>>
I have no idea what I'm looking at.
>>
>>52261566
It's really solid, great to type on, etc.

I dislike the hinge much more than I anticipated. The screen doesn't come off as effortlessly as I was led to believe. Hate the gap when closed.

Had it been given a normal hinge that didn't detach it'd definitely be a MBP killer.
>>
>>52261566
Might be worth getting when the price to buy them used falls to $200 in 2 years like every other Windows laptop.
>>
God no. I wish instead of going full bore on the gimmicks they'd have just made a good fucking laptop. Instead we get this lablet bullshit that nobody wants. I hate apple as much as the next guy, but I'll be the first to admit that the objective side of me thinks the macbook air/pro are well made laptops, and there are very few PC laptops that are in direct competition with them, Except for the XPS line, and some of the ASUS ultrabooks. This is a 'premium' product that could have been in that group, but instead it's targeted at a market that doesn't exist.
>>
It's leading the charge in the battle against the 16:9 scourge.
>>
File: dhalsim1.jpg (52 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
dhalsim1.jpg
52 KB, 800x400
kys my man
>>
>>52262238
If it didn't detach, it would then be just an expensive laptop.
>>
>>52262374
People want expensive laptops. People don't want stupid crap.
>>
*Crack*

Why did I get a laptop with a fucking gap in it?
>>
>>52261566
Personally, I really wanted it to. But first and foremost the battery on the tablet (w/o the keyboard dock) is a measely 2 hours, 2 HOURS that's complete shite and 2nd the hinge is actually shitty in both a good and bad way.

But the glass trackpad is an excellent upgrade (dare I say better than the apple's trackpad) compared to all the other shitty standards.
>>
>>52262436
People either want a cheap throwaway laptop or an expensive apple mac.

Personally I want a mid range laptop that will last several years and compliment my desktop PC.
>>
Laptablet hybrids are still goofy gimmicks like they've always been. Making expensive versions doesn't change a damn thing.

Let's leave tablets and laptops alone and let them be dedicated to what they're good at, shall we? Hybridizing the two is like trying to fuse an oven with a golfcart.
>>
>>52264191
They should call them tabletops
>>
>>52261566
It's another two-in-one, the kill-me-it-hurts-to-live form factor. So no, troll or shill, please stop.
>>
>>52264191
>Hybridizing the two is like trying to fuse an oven with a golfcart.
A better analogy would be if someone combined a bowling ball with a ping-pong ball and tried to claim that the resulting ball was suitable for either game (or any game at all).
>>
>>52262295
Tablets never had a big problem with widespread 16:9. Lenovo's Thinkpad tablet was full WUXGA back when the X230 was still 1366x768 only.
>>
>>52261566
It would definitely be on my list of acceptable laptops if it weren't for that hinge.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.