[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are mac users so retarded? >$1500 iMac >1tb hard drive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: Sa756.jpg (172 KB, 800x619) Image search: [Google]
Sa756.jpg
172 KB, 800x619
Why are mac users so retarded?

>$1500 iMac
>1tb hard drive
>4k screen
>integrated graphics
Macfags will defend this.
>>
>>52258222
>Trips of truth

Also lets not forget the never updated drivers it as.
>>
File: so fat i eat computers.jpg (148 KB, 800x619) Image search: [Google]
so fat i eat computers.jpg
148 KB, 800x619
>>52258222
Is this what you really wanted?
>>
File: 1449854319015.png (648 KB, 789x614) Image search: [Google]
1449854319015.png
648 KB, 789x614
>>52258481
Is this what you wanted?
>>
>>52258481
>I am a fat fuck
>i am so fat i eat computers
>Imagine being at computers
>so fat you look and see food
>>
>>52258222
it is overpriced and retarded
t. macfag
>>
>>52258222
Is this comic for real? What the fuck this sign even funny
>>
File: 4chan_servers.jpg (132 KB, 391x311) Image search: [Google]
4chan_servers.jpg
132 KB, 391x311
I love the new moot

>>52258222
>>52258481
>>52258638
>>
>>52258222
so the mac give you diabetes?
>>
>>52258222

Also isn't this the artist that turned into an even bigger SJW male feminist vagina than that Sinfest faggot? Jesus Christ, it's not just 3rd wave feminism, they're self righteous humble-bragging douchebags about every single god damn thing they do.
>>
>>52260066
>sjw
>hipster

Yeah looks like a typical mac user.
>>
>>52258638
>>52258481
post the mcdonalds.jpg.exe edit
>>
It's just

I bought a mac for £1000 because I needed something for uni that I could count on.

If you can find a Windows laptop for the same price that's lighter, thinner, and more battery efficient for the same price with the same specs, that will connect with my phone as easily, I'll trade it in.
But... you won't. Not because macs are better, but simply because I couldn't find one and I spent a lifetime looking.
>>
>>52260066
He's also super fat, just to be hilariously ironic in context with this comic.
>>
>>52260582
How much is £ in $? I refuse to Google it because you're posting on an American image board. But seriously, I bet we can do better for less, especially if we include the cost of your iPhone.
>>
>>52260582
Xps 13
>>
>>52260860
I'll be honest
The fact that this place is American doesn't make me want to bend to any American manner.

>>52260889
I lied.
The XPS meets every condition I set above, but I would never buy Windows...
The OS debate is very, very easy.
>>
>>52258222
>arbitrary needs
>>
>>52261041
Wow you're an idiot
>>
>>52260889
Rethink
I don't even need to point out the fact that I lied. Intel Iris > Intel HD
So none of these match the spec I'm after
And all the models under £1000 lack the resolution of the macbook.
>>
>>52261104
Which bit was stupid
I'll justify myself
>>
It works, something Linux doesn't. Never have to use crap like the command line again.
>>
File: 91238123.png (356 KB, 880x548) Image search: [Google]
91238123.png
356 KB, 880x548
>>52261143
>refusing to use anything other than the broken piece of shit that is osx
>>
>>52261215
osx and the watered down osxes
>>
>>52261215
It has a shitty filesystem. Fair enough.
But, you see, in a couple of update's time, they'll have replaced it. Because the OS drops what doesn't work.
Windows, meanwhile, still drags along the registry, ridiculous app organisation, and endless bloatware, update after update, claiming that backwards compatibility is better than a streamlined OS.
People working for Windows accept that it is bloatware. Old and heavy bloatware.
Instead of doing something about it, Windows has instead scrapped the version system completely in favour of periodically piling on more bloatware to deal with the already present bloatware, always claiming that old app support is worth the struggle.
OS X is broken. Every large OS is broken. But OS X at least has the mindset to fix itself.
>>
>>52261281
>thinks registry is bad

Wew lad
>>
>>52261281
>it'll change

How long has it been in place for?
>>
>>52261301
It's because of the registry that Windows computers slow down with time.
Well, that and a few other things which don't clean themselves as apps are uninstalled.
Factory resetting a mac in most cases has no effect on its speed.
On a Windows machine, you're told to do it every six months or so.
That's why I think the registry is bad.
Now, why do you think it's good?
>>
>>52261348
Doesn't matter provided it's in a list to be replaced. You stick with the ship that's heading home, and not the one that's closer to home and sitting still.
>>
>>52261349
>factory resetting every 6 months

What the fuck. You have no idea what the fuck you're on about.
That slow down happens because of file fragmenting on your hard drive. If you defrag your hard drive your computer will always be as good as new.
>>
>>52261392
this
>>
>>52261349
Lol, do you even know what the registry is or what it does? You don't even understand how windows OS slows down.

I've returned Windows installs back to their formal selves for many years on computers that I don't own. It's always fixed by uninstall in useless programs that run in background and installing anti virus if they don't have a good one.
>>
> See plenty of people telling me I'm wrong

> See no statement in support of the registry

> See no statement in support of Windows over OS X

I said I think the registry is bad because it has an effect on the speed.
Not because it's the only factor.
>>
>>52261041
>the os debate is very very easy
Yeah, when you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

>>52261392
Now that most people have an SSD as their boot drive this isn't even an issue anymore.
>>
>>52261349
>On a Windows machine, you're told to do it every six months or so.
I work at a PC repair shop and I tell this to my customers just so I can charge them $100 again to reinstall their OS 6 months later.
Hello $5 commission.
>>
>>52261118
Here a 1000gbp is a macbook air, so you're in with 1440x900 like in 2006.
For the gpu I can say we're not using this kind of laptop to play, but whatever, the xps15 got a 960m and real quad core skylake.
>>
File: 1451601648894.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1451601648894.webm
1 MB, 640x480
>>52261349
you fucking idiot, the registry does not function that way, when something is left over the registry nothing happens. Why? Because they are empty folders you faggot. No one tells you to reset windows every 6 months , iFag BTFO
>webm related, fixing macbooks
>>
>>52261524
>For the gpu I can say we're not using this kind of laptop to play, but whatever, the xps15 got a 960m and real quad core skylake.
Even if you don't want to play, you are just shoving money down the worst path
>>
>>52261515
I own a pc repair shop. People bring their computers to me once a year, I defrag it, clean the registry, and delete temporary files. Also do a virus scan.
I charge 75 aud for it, and it's great.

Macbooks don't experience the slow down over time because they use an ssd for storage.
>>
>>52261508
The only effect on the speed of the OS the registry has is improving it. Without the registry the OS would be bogged down.

It's like saying something is slow because it uses an SSD. It's intrinsically retarded.
>>
>>52261565
>I own a pc repair shop. People bring their computers to me once a year, I defrag it, clean the registry, and delete temporary files. Also do a virus scan.
That's nice, but it's so much easier to backup their user data and reinstall the operating system.
>>
>>52261534
>Dat webm
Wew lad, I have replaced over 100 batteries from iphones and ipads without problems, that guys is a dumbass
>>
It seems my justified yet exaggerated hate of the Windows registry has led you lot right up shit creek.
A bunch of dudes on 4chan telling me I'm an idiot doesn't really do shit to me.
So, instead of moaning that you like the registry, or it has less of an effect than I'm implying, actually say something productive?
'Windows isn't bloatware because...'
or
'The registry idea is better than the OS X equivalent because...'
or'
'OS X is bad because...'
>>
>>52260582
>>52261041
>>52261118

Why do we give a shit if anyone uses a mac, trolling or not. Who gives a fuck. You're an annoying mac tech evangelist. Who gives a shit. I play recent gen RPG's and am going to get an Oculus Rift, so obviously OS X isn't for me.

You receive phalluses inside your anal sphincter so clearly OS X is the right one for you.
>>
>>52261599
I'd rather not fuck around with it. I just plug it in the back and run ccleaner and then the windows defrag tool.

I'm afraid I'll fuck something up and lose some important files if I reinstall windows.
>>
>>52261603
Agreed, he just fucking punctured it
on the plus side we now know what would happen if a macfag switched his own batteries though
>>
>>52261349
You sound like the opposite of a power user..

You can just go into taskmanger and click the startup tab and see what programs have the biggest impact during your start up.

>>52261534
its what happens when you become complacent
>>
>>52261349

Wow that's pretty fucking hilarious. Your one of those people who calls their cell carrier and asks if they can root their phone too.

If that advice exists it all it's because of all those people out there that click on absolutely everything they see in front of them, install it, and update nothing. So they have 3 "anti-virus" progams that run active scans from 5pm till midnight with 20 toolbars on IE8 with no extensions.
>>
>>52261648
Osx is bad because it gets buggy updates that cause issues, it has a dogshit file system and a poor performance to price ratio.
Windows isn't much better though but you're a fucking moron for using only a macbook because of osx. Osx is holding you back, windows has better drivers and far superior program compatibility.

Osx is only more useful to a minority because it's unix/bsd.
>>
>>52261650
That's better.

A reason to use Windows. That works. Fair enough.
What isn't good is when people who use Windows for a reason decide to tell me that Windows is better by default.
Because I spent time looking at both and disagree.
>>52261697
I was aware.
>>52261722
I'm happy with my phone without root access.
I'm sure the advice does exist because of that, but, for some reason, a lot of the people I know with their big crunchy gaming PCs are busy resetting every half a year to keep 'on top' of the game.
>>
>>52261750
Buggy updates hit every OS. That's nothing to do with OS X.
That's a poor hardware to price ratio.
And that's a fair claim, but I was able a portable beast, and they're expensive for both OSs.
Program compatibility is the let down of Windows, and not something I need.
I was disappointed a month ago that I couldn't play Façade. That's about it.
Being unix based is actually very useful for me, being a computer scientist at uni and all.
>>
>>52261761

Any PC built by a hobbyist in the past 5 years shouldn't need a reinstall unless they're doing a very major hardware upgrade and probably not even then. Frequent reinstalls were kind of a thing back before SSD boot drives became standard. There's 0 reason now except for install corruption due to hardware change or moving over to a new platform (like NVMe)
>>
>>52261761
Your friends with their gaming PCs don't understand windows either.

If they're using an ssd their computer won't even slow down over time except for the SSD degrading.
I'm >>52261750
And while osx isn't shit, I still think you're an idiot for believing it's better than windows because of the registry.
Both of them have their ups and downs, I wouldn't use mac because I enjoy the programs I use on windows and if I needed a Unix OS I'd just use Linux. I know Linux isn't unix but it's close enough.

Osx is only better than windows for a minority, for the rest of the users it won't make a difference what os they're using as long as it loads facebook and has a media player so they can watch pretty Little Liars.

>>52261797
Then that's good for you, enjoy your unix based OS, but don't spread lies about why your shitty os is better than another shitty OS.
>>
>>52261761

Is Windows *better* by default? I don't know, it depends what you do with your machine. If you don't play modern games, have a large amount of disposable income, and aren't interested in customization it's fine.

However my fiances family has nothing but Mac's and i've *several* times run into OS X's annoying copy restrictions. I simply couldn't copy a video file *I had shot* on her phone and synced over to my usb drive no matter what I did. Also just speaking as someone coming from a Windows environment, but for all everyone says OS X is so simple, it is but only if you don't want to do anything remotely under the hood. Then its much harder to get at than a Windows shell.

And, just personal opinion here, while Mac's look nice I just don't like how they *ALL* look the same ever since the Late 2008 macbook Pro. If I get a Lenovo Y70 it looks distinctive and sleek and it's doubtful I'd run into many other people using one. The Macbook feels like exactly what it is, a semi-disposable consumer commodity not meant to be added to or modified by its user.
>>
File: hurts to live.jpg (356 KB, 1583x801) Image search: [Google]
hurts to live.jpg
356 KB, 1583x801
>>52261761
>I'm sure the advice does exist because of that, but, for some reason, a lot of the people I know with their big crunchy gaming PCs are busy resetting every half a year to keep 'on top' of the game.

Just like I know a lot of people that whine their apple products are slow after every update.
Taking simple measures such as uninstalling shit you don't use and just taking a peek at what startsup with your PC will keep it running smoothly.
But what might be simple for you and I, seems to be an after thought for everyone else.

The typical user will clog up their PC with shit and then say its the hardware that is slow/needs replacing.
pic very related
Maybe macs don't have this problem since there are no applications any more, just 'apps'
>>
>>52261962

Damn I wish I had their motherboard, it has 24 usable SATA ports :^)
>>
>>52261750
And some of the basic function are broken, sed date and ls are missing stuff.
The ui is full garbage, worst than unity.
The fs support is shit, it is only able to read and write in fat and hfs.
The appstore is full of shit, well like an app store.
It can't even resize windows when you're throwing them to the border of the screen, is unable to fix a window on top.
Their keyboards broke like every 4 month, the magic mouse tm is garbage tier too.
The screen get burned after a day of work, like goo'ld crt.
>>
>>52261599
>>52261349
cap'd for lols later
>>
>>52261389
Well I've put "work out and get swole" on my to do list, granted it was 10 years ago and I'm still a 150lb skellington, but still since its on the to do list it doesn't matter!
>>
>>52259123
kek'd harder than I should have
>>
>>52261389
Funny how is the ios ship that's sitting still.
>>
>>52261215
in fairness, i've had this mac for 6 years and the filesystem has shat itself 3 times now, beyond the point that Disk Utility could repair it.
First time I wiped and restored from a backup.

Next time i'd discovered DiskWarrior so used that. It effectively does things the hard way by just looking for files and rebuilding the directory (rather than trying to repair an obviously broken filesystem).

Other than that, it basically werks. It avoids fragmentation, defrags during idle time, and error checks fast (under 10 mins for a 500GB hard drive, 2-3 mins for an SSD). Not sure if this is related to journaling, but journaling is also a great feature.

Last time I had to run chkdisk on a 160GB NTFS partition it took hours.
>>
>>52261534
>>webm related, fixing macbooks
lets ram a screwdriver into a battery and see what happens
>>
>>52262027
I wish I didn't have to deal with that family member that thinks they know better than me on everything.

>paranoid of pirated windows
>kept asking me if they could be tracked down for it
>concerned that pirated windows might let hackers into their computer
>bought a laptop just to do their banking on it

>asks me to build some cheapo computer
>very budget sensitive
>it gets built, they complain its slow
>they make things worse by installing macafee
>>
>>52261389
I see. And do you know where to find the list of "things to be removed from OS X", or are you shilling out of your ass like any other retarded macfag?
>>
>>52260582
>proving OP right
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.