[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi lads I am beginner to the world of Linux. What is currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: distro-graphic.png (138 KB, 400x204) Image search: [Google]
distro-graphic.png
138 KB, 400x204
Hi lads I am beginner to the world of Linux. What is currently the best distro to use?
>>
gentoo
>>
Arch, Gentoo, or Linux mint if your not up to reading loads of documentation. It's all about what you want.
>>
>>52257239
Fuck off. /g/ is not your personal tech support.
>>
antergos
>>
Linux Mint 17.3
>>
>>52257239
Raspbian
>>
>>52257280
Fuck off with your meme distro
>>
puppy
>>
>>52257239
Anything but >>52257280
>>
Slackware, it takes time learning but its worth it.
>>
>>52257239
*buntu, mint, opensuse, debian.
>>
>have to use Redhat and Fedora for a Linux class at college
Never touched them before, how much of a bad time am I gonna have?
>>
why you read up about all the best distros at https://gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html
>>
>>52257239
Ubuntu
>>
If you are not lazy and need no motivation to learn, then PCLinuxOS is a good choice. If having an OS that just werks out of the box will disincentivize you to learn, then I would recommend Slackware. If you want a baptism by fire then choose either Gentoo or Funtoo. If you want to go full out balls to the the wall, then go with Linux From Scratch.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.