[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which budget build would be faster for gaming? >Intel +
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: screen_amd_dual_graphics_b.png (158 KB, 570x273) Image search: [Google]
screen_amd_dual_graphics_b.png
158 KB, 570x273
Which budget build would be faster for gaming?

>Intel + Nvidia
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RzVVjX
>AMD with dual graphics
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XxMswP
>>
>>52254505
the AMD. Both are shit.
>>
File: vl-g[1].jpg (211 KB, 1080x1522) Image search: [Google]
vl-g[1].jpg
211 KB, 1080x1522
>>52254505
Dual Graphics build.

Honestly, nVidia is a joke everywhere but the high end.

Hell, the 250 is twice as powerful on it's own.
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Jmjxzy

there you go what do i win
>>
>>52254826
Don't get a 750ti , i used to have one its okay but radeon cards a much more budget friendly, I replaced mine with an R9 390 for 4K rendering.

>>52254505
If you want an APU then go for dual graphics, if else just buy a 370-370X R9 250X with an Athlon 860K and a decent FM2+ motherboard. The APU build is less upgradeable.
>>
>>52254505
>GT 730
shiggy diggy
>>52256257
This. They are good if you must have Nvidia, otherwise AMD is much cheaper in the low end
>>
>>52254505
Dual graphics? More like DUAL STUTTER
>>
Despite what you've heard elsewhere, the anniversary Pentium starts to show it's weakness for multithreaded games and applications, as two cores without hyper-threading slogs through newer stuff that doesn't explicitly-refuse to run due to the low core count. There's workarounds to cheese your way past CPU blocks, but it's not really a load-bearing CPU if you have your eye on The Witcher or GTAV
>>
>dual core
heh
>>
>>52257967
I've got a g3258 sitting at 4.4ghz right now in my main machine, (pretty bad chip ik) - can confirm it doesn't perform well at all in multithreaded games / apps, it stutters weirdly when playing cpu-intensive modern games...
>>
If you're genuinely gaming on the cheap for the long-haul, a used i7 950 and 1366 board on eBay continue to go a long way if you're for-sure not wanting to be gimped CPU-wise for games, as despite being an older CPU, the architecture and single-threaded performance continues to kick the shit out of any modern APU or low-end Intel CPU

Also, both those GPU's are crap, 2GB really doesn't cut it like it used to for games, and they're both rebrands of last-gen hardware that wasn't really that great even when it was new. A used R9 280 won't set you back that much, and it continues to be a great mid-range card years after release

Never buy current gen budget parts when decent shit from a few years ago will more than suit your needs in comparison
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.