[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ahoy /g/ Feeling a bit nostalgic Want to enable my ps2 to run
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: IMG-20160105-WA0037.jpg (288 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160105-WA0037.jpg
288 KB, 3264x1836
Ahoy /g/
Feeling a bit nostalgic
Want to enable my ps2 to run games from a usb
I have a simple modded ps2 on which I play self burned games on a dvd.
Any /g/eek can help?
>>
>>52251042

Hey OP quick question, what program/settings do you use for burning PS2 games? I have a modded PS2 that runs pirated games, but I can't fucking get it to run the ones I burn myself.
>>
>>52251076
Use imgburn and set the write speed to minimum as possible
I set it to 1x but it automatically changes to 4x saying disk won't support 1x.
But it works fine.
Also check the iso using pcsx2 before burning
>>
>>52251076
burn them on slower speed
>>
>>52251042
if pic is your ps2, you should get the "official" hard drive. It's the best way to run games on it.

if not: https://versatile1.wordpress.com/2008/01/12/how-to-boot-games-off-usb-with-ps2/

also:

>>>/v/
>>>/v/
>>>/v/
>>>/v/
>>
don't bother. the ps2's usb ports are 1.1, so loading times would be atrocious. usb loaders are also less compatible by nature.

assuming that's your PS2 in the pic, you'd be better off grabbing an old PATA drive and a network adapter and running a hard drive loader.
>>
USB sucks because the ports are 1.1 and slow as shit. It's the only thing worse than playing burned discs through ESR.

SMB through OPL works well but it can be tricky to set up. Everything is loaded over the network so you can administer everything from your PC or whatever without having to copy shit over. The only significant issue is choppy FMVs in some games, otherwise compatibility is really high.

Internal HDD is the most compatible, but you're at the mercy of antiquated IDE drives. You can't get them new any more so used is your only option if you don't have any lying around.
>>
As mentioned in the thread, USB is bad for PS2 games. It's too slow.
Get a network adapter and set up some network shares (I did this, works well but it's a pain to get the network shares to actually display on the ps2), or get a compatible hard drive.
I recommend the hard drive.

I use a ps2 slim which has ethernet built in so that's why I did that.

Generally it's this:
Fat = get a HDD
slim = run off network
>>
>>52251414
>>52251363
>>52251160
Thanks for the advice.
I regret throwing away my old 40 gb HDD.
Hope I can get one at the local computer market
>>
>>52251118
Pretty much this, the lower the speed, the better. I'm not sure if it's on windows, but I've had better success with xfburn.

Also, to OP: play them off HDD instead, on my slim ps2 I notice hiccups when doing usb, so I followed some guide online to connect an HDD to it (you need a first gen slim and a mod-chip though)

Just HDD or burn disks and be done w/ it, USB isn't worth the time because of how slow it gets and a lot of games didnt work at all when I tried loading them.
>>
Suggest god tier ps2 game
>>
>>52251461
>modchipping
Modchipping is dead brah
Freemcboot is where it's at
>>
>>52251491
Do you like giant robots? Can you stand cheesy, poorly localized dialog? Robot Alchemic Drive.

Do you like rhythm games? Can you handle ridiculous unforgiving difficulty? Gitaroo Man.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.