[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /g/ Is it worth upgrading from an Athlon 5350 to a 7870k?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: amd-wide.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
amd-wide.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1200
hey /g/ Is it worth upgrading from an Athlon 5350 to a 7870k?
I already have a r7 250
The only game I cant play is dark souls
>>
since you already have a dedicated card, get a core i3 or g3258 + intel h81 board, it's cheaper
>>
Don't listen to >>52248709 and get the 7870K.
You can crossfire the R7 250 with the internal GPU for even better graphics power.
>>
>>52248748
I think i'll wait for the 7890k to come out, I have no issues with intel, but I like to live in my fantasy world where they are Evil space jews
>>
>>52248081
Did you OC your 5350?
If not, do so and get the RAM timings as tight as possible.
Mine only does 2600mhz with slightly more voltage than I'm comfy with, but you might manage more.
>>
>>52248886
could you give me tips? mine crashes even with the motherboard preset over clocks.
Honestly its not that bad, if i can get a little more out of it I wont need to buy a thing
>>
>>52248926
Ok, guess you have the itx asus board, good.
You get some pretty much free 150 mhz if you set the bclk to 105 and multi to 21.
Anything above breaks ahci and usb3, thanks to that little fucker being a SoC. If you can do without, install Windows in IDE mode, crank BCLK up slowly and set nb freq up to 800 and ram speed down a notch or two, depending on the memory you bought. You can then adjust bclk up until you fail POST or bsod to guesstimate the max clock. It might also be worth to step down the multi, to keep the ram speed up.

Just play with it a little, Google also has some helpful forums, just very long threads with little information density.
>>
>>52249070
oohh that makes sense,
>>
>>52248748
That's a great idea if you want to reduce the performance of your 250 and pair it with a weak CPU too.
Your advice is awful. It's the awful "I don't know anything" advice.
The driver support for AMD's APU crossfire shit just isn't there, and you often get a reduced performance rather than a performance boost.
>>
Also, good RAM pays off, since single channel 1600mhz is really anemic. Tweaking that is kinda rewarding performance wise.
>>
>>52249170
Only an absolute retard would recommend the G3258 in 2016 and the Crossfire stuff is just straight up lies. Go shill somewhere else, Sanjeet.
>>
>>52249170
I kinda figured that crossfire wouldnt help me much, but what about directX12's multiadapter feature? an i3s igpu isnt as useful there
>>
>>52249207
Is it usable by now? I'm thinking of putting a r250 or some such into my 5350 build to play with hybrid cf and pci passthrough. I am learning the hard way, that it's not really made to play E:D by itself, regardless of pushing it :(
>>
>>52249249
I have a 5350 and an r7250 and it plays Elite: dangerous at high, and it plays tome raider at 30 fps on high and 52 fps on normal
>>
>>52249299
Huh, that'd work. Thank you kind sir.
Just have to figure out, what card to get cheaply off ebay, 7750s are like 10 eurobux, which are pretty much the same silicon.
>>
>>52249299
Make a Youtube video.
>>
>>52248081
If you really insist on staying with AMD, I'd recommend the Athlon 860k over a 7870k, seeing as you already have a graphics card.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.