[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with eye pain /g/ents? I have flux and 0% brightness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: eyes after half an hour.png (404 KB, 655x521) Image search: [Google]
eyes after half an hour.png
404 KB, 655x521
How do you deal with eye pain /g/ents? I have flux and 0% brightness and it still pains me after few hours on the computer. Anyone have a better solution?[spoiler]one that doesnt involve not using the computer[/spoiler]
>>
File: gunnar gaymen glasses.jpg (150 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gunnar gaymen glasses.jpg
150 KB, 1920x1080
you could try gaymen glasses if flux is not good enough for you.
also take some breaks every 45 minutes
>>
File: pirate-eye-patch-black-613-a.jpg (256 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
pirate-eye-patch-black-613-a.jpg
256 KB, 900x1200
>>52247946
you have two eyes, use them interchangeably for few hours.
>>
>>52247946
>0% brightness
Seems like you are one of those folks that are sitting in the dark?
How about working like a normal person, in a well lit room? In the EU it is even law, that offices have to have a certain lighting.
>>
>>52247985
I do have my lights on
>>52247973
Actually tried this, what ends up happening is one eye hurts every day. Left then right then left etc
>>
>>52248005
see a doctor
>>
take a weeklong break away from screens, let your eyes rest
>>
>>52248021
Did that too, got 3 different eye drops. None of em helped. I just gotta get off the pc for some time but have nothing else to do
>>
Stop using computers. You're such a fucking moron. Take a break for 3 days only using technology when you absolutely must.. I.e. calling the police when you're getting raped or sending a email to your parents apologising for being born.
>>
>>52247946
get a pair of those yellow glasses used at shooting ranges
>>
Put more distance between you and the screen?
>>
>>52247946

Spend less time at your computer.
>>
You might have unnaturally dry eyes and using devices cases you to blink less which is hurting your eyes.
>>
>>52248903

Shit. Ignore this. I somehow missed. >>52248037
>>
go outside
>>
>>52247946
Are you drinking enough water (my eyes improved after I started drinking more than the bare minimum)? How is your diet (my eyes improved after I started eating bananas)? Is the font size big enough, or do you have to strain to read text? Are you using an ergonomic color scheme (e.g. Solarize)?
>>
Get gunnars
>>
>>52247946

I use dark themes, I have no fucking idea how people that use themes with white can do it, I feel like I need sun glasses on if I'm using a white theme.
>>
Your diet is garbage. Whatever you're eating is having a negative impact on your eyes. You also might be deficient in some vitamin.
>>
>>52247946
whenever i get eyestrain, which is quite regularly, I do an eye exercise which makes them recover much quicker. I think it's because it increases blood flow to them, not sure though.

What I do is make my eye balls look as far left as they can and then begin tracubfout circles clockwise several times then anticlockwise. Do this for 10 minutes and you should feel better after a 30 minute break.
>>
>>52247946
Start taking eye drops and turn on your brightness so you blink more, it's no the light that is hurting your eyes
>>
>>52249178
tracing out*
>>
>>52247946
Go see a doctor.
>>
Good and even lightning, go to bed when tired.
>>
>>52248226
This
>>
>>52247946
Stop using 1366x768 crap.
>>
>>52247946
The problem isn't color temperature or brightness or whatever the eyesight-meme-of-the-week is. It's your eyes focusing on a small space for extended periods of time. You'd have the same issues if you read books a lot.

The only solution is to take breaks. Every 45 mins, put on some music/podcast/audiobook and close your eyes or look far away for 10-15 mins.
>>
I've recently started having the same problem, after I started drawing like a motherfucker every day on my tablet.

Best solution is to have two different kind of eyedrops.
During the day, use the kind that take away the redness.
That stuff that makes the bloodvessels in your eyes to contract.
Then before going to bed, use the stickiest kind of eye gel drops you can find.
Put the drops on even if you don't really feel like you need them.

Took some time for me to find the right kinda combination, but doing this my eyes went from blood red to slightly irritated at best.
>>
Get your eyes checked senpai.

Willing to bet your eye sight has changed, you may need corrective lenses (this often happens to young men in late teens early twenties).
>>
>>52247946
a monitor without pwm backlight may help
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/pulse_width_modulation.htm
>>
>>52247946
Look away from the monitor every 20 minutes
Go for a 2 minute walk every hour
>>
Sounds like progressive retinal atrophy.

Enjoy blindness.
>>
>>52250598
>That stuff that makes the bloodvessels in your eyes to contract.
That's a really bad idea. When you use vasoconstricting eye drops for a bit longer, they can damage the conjunctiva, causing "rebound redness": http://www.webmd.com/allergies/guide/allergy-eye-drops?page=2

If your eyes are red, that's because they get more blood to deal with irritation/infection (or because you've been smoking weed). Redness is a symptom. Deal with the cause, not the symptom.
>>
>>52250757
>Progressive retinal atrophy (PRA) is a group of genetic diseases seen in certain breeds of dogs and, more rarely, cats
On the internet nobody knows you're a dog...
>>
File: 20160105_181759.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160105_181759.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>Mfw
>>
>>52247946
Go see a eye doctor, looks like really bad conjunctivitis.
>>
>>52248037
Did you go to an eye doctor (ophthalmologist) or a general doctor? Go to the former, the latter don't always know what's what when it comes to eyes. Or maybe the eye doctor you went to was a quack (happened to me more than once), so how about getting a second opinion?
>>
>>52247946
Some people just have dry eyes

>eye drops to be honest family
>>
maybe get a bigger monitor with lower dpi, like a 32" 1080p and set it up a few feet away, try 768p, will suck but your eyes are more important. i use 768p with a 32" samsung tv with my shit laptop and it looks wonderful at 6 feet away - shit res but it's easy on the eyes
>>
>>52251024
and also let your room have some sunlight and possibly ease up on the f.lux/red tint during the day
>>
bump
OP, are you still out there?
>>
>>52247946
Make sure your monitor's frequency is a multiple of your lights frequency, I.E. if you live in the US, make sure your monitor is set for 30/60/120 hz, if you're a yuropoor 25/50/100 hz.
>>
>>52253506
TFT screens don't flicker.
>>
Sunlight, exercise, sunlight.

for temporary relief however go and run a flannel under an extremely hot tap, then put the flannel over your eyes, repeat. then end with an incredibly cold flannel.

the hot flannel uncloggs the oil ducts that lubricate your eye. these can get clogged for a number of reasons.

next try a course of eye drops to repair the tear film- this must be a consistent application otherwise the tear film will not grow back properly.

make sure your eyes are completely shut when sleeping. if you're known to sleep with eyes slightly open, there are a number of things you can do; such as eye gel before bed, sleeping mask, surgical tape your eyes shut.

and seriously it will probably be fixed by the most basic shit like taking a break from your computer every hour, go outside, stretch the legs, calf raises and squats for circulation and fixating your eyes on distant objects to relax them will do wonders.

good luck
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.