[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /g/entlemen, I managed to break the encryption scheme for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Rock_Band_logo.svg_-630x405.png (89 KB, 630x405) Image search: [Google]
Rock_Band_logo.svg_-630x405.png
89 KB, 630x405
hey /g/entlemen,

I managed to break the encryption scheme for post-2009 rock band .moggs.
I know this was something people wanted a few years ago, but does anyone even care anymore?

for an example see anonfiles b3ef8e5f626c108f285f6e2cad2a3879
>>
>>52241976

>does anyone even care anymore?

idunno, with Guitar Hero making a comeback maybe they will soon. Either talk to /biz/ or try and hunt down the Rock Band modding community, just please, avoid /v/.
>>
>>52242123
The mod community seems to have been satisfied with custom songs which work up through Rock Band 3, and probably have no need for decryption anymore.

Thought I'd see if anyone was still interested from a programming/reverse engineering standpoint.
>>
>>52241976
If that mean you can get the separated bass/guitar/voice tracks I'm intrusted
>>
>>52242366
Yeah, they're the multitrack .moggs that have floated around the internets since around 2008
>>
>>52241976
i care
>>
>>52242382
Oh fuck. Can you get me that version of Hello There that Cheap Trick did exclusively for rockband? I can't find that shit anywhere
>>
With Rock Band/Guitar Hero making a comeback, I'm sure some people are harking to play the older ones and would enjoy this. Maybe try posting on whatever niche forums they have for the game; I'm sure there's a subreddit.
>>
>>52242400
That one's on the RB2 soundtrack and has been circulating for over 6 years now. You should be able to find that with a google search.

>>52242416
People can already play the older tracks on the newer rock band game. this just allows you to open the multitrack files on a PC
>>
>>52242460
>You should be able to find that with a google search
I guess I haven't been searching with the right terms then
>>
>>52242460
I'm interested in this just for the value of having the multitrack versions of songs for editing etc.. Sounds like it'd be really cool to have.
>>
>>52242478
this torrent has it, for example
https://kat.cr/rock-band-2-disc-songs-multitrack-mogg-t4163697.html
>>
File: 1418711799984.jpg (4 KB, 185x82) Image search: [Google]
1418711799984.jpg
4 KB, 185x82
>>52242512
Well shucks. Thank you, anon.
>>
>>52242493
That's the other thing. People have already made (low-quality) "rips" by recording the songs from the xbox's output. This just lets you access the raw files, cutting out the middle man (the analog hole). Essentially an updated version of songcrypt.exe by xorloser
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.