[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daw General: whatever.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: FL studio.jpg (45 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
FL studio.jpg
45 KB, 250x250
What is a DAW?
Digital
Audio
Workstation

>What DAW is yours?

>How long you been on it?

>How long have you been into music?

>What genre do you play with the most?

>What Genre do you think you are best at?

>Have you thought about changing up to something else?

>What's your favorite synth, no matter how dumb it is?

>Do you see yourself doing this way later on even if you get no where?

Bonus points:

>Do you ever just like sometimes maybe like idk things?

1 simple rule I hope you can guys do, please don't be assholes to those who
have a different perspective on another DAW, no matter what it is or how shitty
it is. I know there are some very laughable ones out there but ya know...
So please just be as helpful as you can.

>this is /g/ not /mu/ gtfo

We do not talk about the music as it is but how it's created and what we use and how to help
others get better
>>
What is a DAW?
Digital
Audio
Workstation

>What DAW is yours?
Ableton Live Lite 9 + Live Suite 8 + REAPER
Since 2014
Started gigs in 2006
>What genres do you play with the most?
Hard Rock, Ballads, Rock/Pop
Rock/Pop
I want to learn EDM, to add the synth knowledge to my Rock songs.
Hardware: Novation Mininova
Software:
Analog: V-Station
Emulator: Korg Legacy Workstation
Full Rompler+Sampler+Analog: Kontakt
Yes, music will always be a part of me

Bonus points:

>Do you ever just like sometimes maybe like idk things?
Yes, I do.

>this is /g/ not /mu/ gtfo

>implying /mu/ knows anything about music production hardware/software.
>>
>>52240331
>What DAW is yours?
FL studio 12 & Sequoia.
>How long have you been on it?
About 4 years.
Probably 10-12 years now.
Electronic, chillwave, chiptune; not definitive
>What genre do you think you are best at?
Chillwave and chiptune.
I've been meaning to write piano music, but I've been too lazy.
>What's your favorite synth, no matter how dumb is it?
Synth1 bb.
>Do you see yourself doing this way later on even if you get nowhere?
Yeah, definitley. It's a huge part of my life.
>do you ever just like sometimes maybe like idk things?
No, I don't have strokes very often.

Incase you /mu/g/'s are interested.
https://m.soundcloud.com/joeaquiare

I've been meaning to switch to a better DAW than FLS; I've tried reason but I hate the piano roll. I think 90% of the reason I'm sticking with lil' baby frooty tooty loops is becuase of the fucking roll. Any suggestions? I'm used to studio-based complexity, so really anything kind of works.
>>
>>52241916
people who down FL are just hipsters who think that anything else is better when honestly most everything else sucks. I've come to the conclusion that /g/ hates anything easy or convenient
>>
File: fruity dancer.png (19 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
fruity dancer.png
19 KB, 150x150
>>52240331

>What DAW is yours?
FL Meme Studio

Since 2015 :^)

Actually got serious about music a few years back, mostly only create electronic, sometimes record guitar/bass

The most? Meme genres like Vaporwave and Future Funk. Although I have played around with more serious genres like electro house and whatnot

Implying I am good at any genre

Yeah sure, I'm not serious about making music I do it for fun, I'm always trying new stuff

Sakura

I'm only gonna stop playing around with music creation if it bores me, and there's always something new to try, so I don't see why I would stop.

Open to opinions about trying other DAWs, I heard ableton was better for live stuff (not that I need it), otherwise I use FL studio cause I saw a youtube video that had fruity dancer (no joke)
>>
Fuck that whole game of what music is supposed to be right now. It’s so fucked up even listening to what sounds like people trying to get super good at a video game or something. It doesn’t even sound anything like self-expression, it’s like… I’m awesome within these predefined parameters that are presented to me. Which I guess most artists feel is what’s exciting about a genre. They see a few people doing a similar thing and then everyone just jumps on it and goes, “I’m this now!” It’s like if a bunch of people wore the same fucking outfit from the Gap, you know? What is the difference between that and being awesome at World of Warcraft or something? Not much. It’s almost the same thing if you think about it.
>>
>>52242535
Kek. Get better taste or make your own music.
>>
>>52242535
Ok, so you use Ardour, i presume?
>>
Get ready for the faggot know-it-alls with their Macs to fuck up the thread.
>>
I make 6k a month with my music using FL studio. Been on it for 8 years.

Ama.
>>
>>52241916
Hi, im >>52241819

If you want a rewarding challenge, use REAPER, that damn DAW has a high learning curve for some things, but it seems very complete.
Source: Me handling REAPER for a while and reading numerous reviews.
>>
>>52242582
>>52242599
its a copy pasta. theres always some asshole that has to litter up the thread
>>
>>52242613
I'm more scared of the Linux users.
I mean, i get the point of FOSS, but there isn't a good distro and DAW for music production besides Bit Wig, and i'm not getting into an OS with just ONE good DAW.
>>
>>52242703
FL works in wine a lot easier than on windows sometimes.
>>
>>52242658

Reaper is amazing, it was my first DAW back in 2010 and still use it today. It's complex and simple at the same time.

I make typical metalcore bs music btw
>>
>>52242636

Teach me senpai, how do I get gud at FL studio
>>
>>52242750
make simple house.
>>
>>52242783

That's basically what I'm doing now, what's the best sample packs?

inb4 vengeance
>>
>>52242736
Nice! I've been sticking to Ableton because it came bundled with my MIDI controller (Piano player) and I can get the separate REAPER plugins separately.

What instruments do you play anon?
>>
>>52242636

What hardware do you use, if any? What about VSTs? Where/what service do you make most of your money from? What genre do you generally make? Did you grow up with a background in music (parents that pushed piano, played an instrument in high school, etc)? Would you be willing to share your SoundCloud?
>>
>>52242811
if you sample pack your work, it literally makes you more of a poser. don't. Creating your stuff with like 3xosc and serum and nexus and so on. things you can tweak. Sample packs only get you so far. thats why a lot of artists take hours and hours to make a song if not weeks. i know i do.

Just watch some of Deadmau5's twitch stuff where he's tweaking a single thing in serum the entire time.
>>
>>52242636
How did you learn producing? How much did it took to find your style, your "touch"? Do you know any good VST that can imitate the saxophone? So far all the one's I've tried are not really good.
>>
>>52242873

I'm still learning, don't have the patience nor the skill to create my own. If I get more serious into making music then I will, but for now it's just for fun.
>>
>>52242824

Guitar and bass, it's the only real instrument in my songs besides vocals because I'm not good enough on drums to justify buying a kit and all the mics necessary. Plus one of my friends is great on drums so he writes my drum midis and I just run that into Steven slate drums
>>
>>52242897
If you want to make music with no effort you should just emulate Mario Paint.

Samples packs are complete shit for you to make actual music, it's more like arranging a puzzle that was made up in your mind.
>>
>>52242897
if you keep at it you will over time. go download Nexus and play with it. It's a VST that people most people consider the "retard proof" VST cause it has most trance and house-like ideas in it. Just arrange shit and goto town, add a kick, done. But if you a meh crash course I can send you mine. I did a youtube of one. I was thinking of doing another one soon.
>>
>>52242873
This.
Try and make your own sounds, >>52242811.
You'll suck at first, but it will put you on good shape to create amazing shit later.

>>52242904
I play the keyboards, sing (mostly backing vocals) and know a bit of rhythmic guitar and bass too, but I royally suck at drums, so I use MTPowerDrumkit2 to build riffs (which I then run into Abbey Road Studio Drummer), it's fun and free, give it a try anon!
>>
>>52242935
>>52242960

Thanks guys, I guess I'll try more than just creating music with samples. I really do have very little experience though, I was using samples to create music for fun.
>>
>>52242999

Lol whatever it takes to get rid of any human touch

Good tip! I'll check it out when I get home
>>
>What DAW is yours?
Bitwig
About a year
About 7 years, about 3 of them in a band. We play gigs locally every now and then.
Ambient/'indie' rock
Ambient rock
Sometimes I miss ableton and its features, but Bitwig is more cozy
Jupiter
>Do you see yourself doing this way later on even if you get no where? Yeah sure.
>>
>>52243104
Windows or Linux?
>>
OK so Nintendo says it's not them, Charter says its not them, and I never have any issues with my computer staying connected or or phone or any other devices, my wii u is the only one with a connection issue. It's been happening for almost 2 weeks now. Any one have any ideas what I could do to make my wii u connect better, can't I make my other tenda card a wifi extender or something? Something in the QOS?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.