[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on Elon Musk? Technological visionary,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: elon-musk-hair-transplant.jpg (46 KB, 600x351) Image search: [Google]
elon-musk-hair-transplant.jpg
46 KB, 600x351
What's your opinion on Elon Musk?

Technological visionary, or Meme Entrepreneur for normies who need a new Steve jobs?
>>
JUST
>>
>comparing Musk to Jobs

It's cute that you think people even take your retarded opinions seriously.
>>
>>52239035
Musk is basically on corporate welfare. He's not that great.
>>
File: Elon Musk.jpg (138 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Elon Musk.jpg
138 KB, 1200x800
>>52238967
>>
I just finished reading his biography that came out recently, it was pretty good. Leads me to believe that he is a very hard working, smart guy - unlike jobs, he actually understands the engineering that goes into his companies which makes him pretty deadly in my opinion.
>>
>>52238967
I want to know what tech he used for his hair plugs

realistic/10
>>
File: 1382367194875.jpg (73 KB, 524x468) Image search: [Google]
1382367194875.jpg
73 KB, 524x468
Why is /g/ so bitter about this guy? It only demonstrates ignorance to compare him to Jobs. Elon is an engineer, and is borderline autistic (like 3 of his 5 kids are autistic). Are you just jealous that he is the rare breed of autist that can handle business decisions as well as computers & math?

>become dotcom millionaire
>instead of kicking back as a VC or buying an island...
>go for broke trying to make a car company and a rocket company simultaneously
>actually succeed
>still in early forties

Why the hate? All of his ventures seem to have the general public's best interest in mind. He's smart as hell, and a good businessman. You're mad at him for... hair restoration? Jesus Christ, /g/...
>>
>>52239568

He's not an autist, he's an artist. A flimflam artist.

His companies are unprofitable and rely on government subsidies from politicians whom he schmoozes and gives sweetheart investment deals to. He is brilliant only in tricking Millenials into thinking he's some sort of technical wizard, although given how moronic this generation is the accomplishment is perhaps less than gratifying to him.
>>
>>52238967
I swear to god that a little part of my brain dies every time someone compares this retard to Tesla or Dirac.
>>
I work in a car wash where we get to clean inside the cars and some guy brought his Tesla in the other day. It was so fucking nice inside holy shit.
>>
>>52239655
you can call him a failure as a businessman, but tesla makes great products. unprofitable products, but technically marvelous nonetheless.
>>
>>52239655
He's pushing the boundaries of space, bringing down the costs of getting payload to orbit year by year. He's the only serious player in the electric car market (no hybrids don't count) and he allows his rivals to use his patents.
He has ideas in a time in which they can be realised given enough willpower, and engineers willing to dedicate their entire life's work to him. If anything he's a genius.
>>
>>52240470
>engineers willing to dedicate their entire life's work to him
more like the first 5 years of their careers to have something on their resume
most engineers in elon musks companies burn out pretty quickly and want to leave, which is also why companies like airbus look at spacex with misstrust since they've had very bad experiences with pushing their engineers too much in a business like building rockets
>>
>>52240470
I wouldn't call him a genius, rather a benevolent leader. He is way smarter that your average person, obviously.
>>
an actual god
>>
>>52238967
>Leads me to believe that he is a very hard working, smart guy
Despite the fact that /g/ likes to shit on Musk and SpaceX/Tesla for being over hyped, he is actually extremely hard working and really knows his stuff. From all of my interactions with him, he's always come off as very smart and knowledgeable.

>>52240545
>most engineers in elon musks companies burn out pretty quickly and want to leave
What do you do at SpaceX/Tesla? I'm going to assume you work here since you seem to know a lot about the internal dynamics of our engineering teams, otherwise your opinion seems without merit.

>>52239655
>rely on government subsidies from politicians whom he schmoozes and gives sweetheart investment deals to
I think you may have SpaceX or Tesla confused with ULA or any of the major American automakers. Not to say that SpaceX/Tesla don't rely on certain government subsidies or funding but this is a pretty specious argument when compared to the larger industries we operate within.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.