[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys I need a new laptop, currently have been using a macbook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: sys76.png (235 KB, 896x621) Image search: [Google]
sys76.png
235 KB, 896x621
Guys I need a new laptop, currently have been using a macbook pro, like 2013 or some shit, hate it for what I do, sysadmin of 99% windows env.

Im looking for standard well supported hardware that can run both windows and linux, i prefer to stay in linux, might not run windows at all.

anyone have any recommendations? Looking at something around the same cost as a cheaper macbook pro.

thanks /g/ents
>>
>>52238297
op here again might add that work will be paying for this so it's not my money, it will be my workhorse though.

looking at thinkpad w541 or whatever is current or a system76. my boss might bitch if he finds out the system67 doesn't come with windows, but the hardware seems ace.
>>
>>52238297
sysadmin for wallmart
>be me makeing money and doing shit
>get sick of company provides toughbook running vista
>go home research laptops
>son knocks soda on to my ageing gameing rig
>whatever.png
>Google gameing laptop last week for shits and giggles
>sees i7 970m 1080p 16 gb ram fangbook on cyberpoweredpc
>800 fucking USD
>fuckyes.exe
>comes in mail
>boss envious of sexy laptop
>tab in and out of games presentations vms while playing Pandora
why build a pc anymore guys????
>>
>>52239434
Laptops are just overpriced heaters
>>
>>52239434
>i7
Literally why
>>
Laptops were always meant for the rich traveling business man, I rather build/buy a expensive computer that will last at least 6 years and a cheepo laptop every 3 years.
>>
>>52239476
>>52239509
>not allowed to have a desktop at my job
>I need mobility
>I don't feel like upgrading every five months
>this laptop has a fuck huge cooling fan
also I didn't want to spend $1000 on a macbook with shitty specs no gpu can't game and dosent have a fucking USB port
>>
>>52239539
nice rig + $300 hp shit book is best combo
>>
I'm looking at the new Dell XPS 15. It's a little big but I'll cope. I would have loved the XPS 13 with the specs of the 15
>>
>>52239583
They're all shit though. i don't get it.
>>
I'm serious about cyberpoweredpc laptops there worth a look and they kill most laptops when it comes to price to performance and they have a killer warranty onpar with macs
>>52239610
the newer HP notebook series of laptops are pritty durable the ones with the amd a10 and 8gb of ram are a great deal and $200 Intel cerelion with 4gb of ram is better then a $200 pc build
I work for wallmart and I make the adds and get to test these computers (including drop test) and these hps are damn good for the price

also avoid wallmarts lenovo dell and nextbook like the pleauge
>>
>>52238297

bro i used to use dell laptops back when they were cheap so at least when they fell apart i didnt lose that much money but they've been on a tear lately of price increase lately for shitty computers. seems every quarter or so i gets worse and i find myself asking myself "can dell jack up the prices any more???" well, yes, they can. Anyway the point of this post was to let you know that even if th
>>
>>52240544
I guess his dell died
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.