[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well I guess fun is over, my Antergos can't boot up after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Antergos_logo_github.png (9 KB, 453x130) Image search: [Google]
Antergos_logo_github.png
9 KB, 453x130
Well I guess fun is over, my Antergos can't boot up after a simple update (which amounts to 40+mb everyday). I've been using it for 2 weeks, worked perfectly and I really liked it, but I can't waste time on something that can shit itself out of the blue.

The error screen is so fucking long that I should probably just reinstall, although sometimes it does boot with some random errors (rarely), I don't get it. My laptop and HDD are new, also I dual boot windows in case this happens.

I'm thinking on just going back to ubuntu even though I fucking hate the left sidebar, but at least It works. I just use it for programming and nothing else, not even ricing it.

Is it normal for updates to break Linux this hard? Does this ever happened to you on your preferred system?
>>
>>52238059
>Is it normal for updates to break Linux this hard?
The tl;dr is yes.
>>
>>52238059
I had that happen on Manjaro (another Arch based distro). Was too lazy to fix it so I installed Debian.

Funnily enough I did that on the day Ian died...
>>
>>52238059
Antergos is literally Archlinux
Why would you expect stability from Arch is beyond me
>>
>>52238059
Why not use l/x/kubuntu if you only use linux for programming and hate unity? Or ubuntu gnome/mate?
Also, what broke? I once had gdm shit itself out of the blue. Never figured out what was wrong, thankfully there are alternatives.
Also, no, it's not normal for things to break that hard. I've been using antergos for about a year now and the only thing that broke was the forementioned display manager.
>>
>Antergos
>not Arch

If you're going to cuck yourself, at least do it properly.

Install Arch retard.
>>
>>52238238
Antergos is arch with less autistic install
>>
>>52238059
>I'm thinking on just going back to ubuntu even though I fucking hate the left sidebar

Could just use a non-shitty version of Ubuntu. Mint+Cinnamon is the fucking bomb, and Lubuntu (LXDE) is awesome on things like netbooks or older PCs.
>>
>>52238293
>autistic install
>run Chinci installer from Antergos
>UI completely glitches out in the partition section

Also
>installing bloat ware

Kek! Hello Reddit.
>>
>>52238336
No bloat if you install it without a de
Try installing with a usb instead of a dvd
>>
>>52238238
If it's going to need a re-install from time to time, then you really should have a fast and easy install procedure.
>>
>>52238201
I guess I should read about those, I'm new to linux desu senpai, I installed Arch because I like the Archwiki and solved every problem I had, but this is overkill.

it's not just an error, it's hundred of lines that makes no sense to me then it stops and starts with more lines of nonsense that are too fast to read.
>>
File: 1451874869312.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1451874869312.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>52238059
>He fell for the antergos meme
>>
>>52238172
>expect stability from Arch
Arch is stable if you install packages carefully
Antergos devs are incompetent, No wonder their system will break
>>
>>52238059
Just don't update next time
>>
>>52238238
this to be honest
>>
Well your problem is that you shouldn't use Antergos when in reality you are using Arch. Install it yourself so you know exactly how your OS is installed so you can fix things.
>>
>>52239433
>Install it yourself so you know exactly how your OS is installed so you can fix things.
This is pretty much that I way I feel about harder distros like arch, or Gentoo.

Though I've found netinstalls (ubuntu, debian) seem good for building from the ground up
>>
>>52239777
Is not hard, you just don't know how to do it, a long time ago I had an aneurysm when some guy toll me that is /dev/hda1 (deprecated) not C:/

>also checked
>>
>>52238059
Just use Ubuntu LTS if you must use desktop Linux.

I suggest scrapping it and using OSX, though. Hackintosh is easy now.
>>
>>52239433
>Linux is so shitty you have to install it a certain way because you know in the near future it will be broken.
>>
>>52240672
Even on AMD?
>>
File: saved.gif (434 KB, 3840x1080) Image search: [Google]
saved.gif
434 KB, 3840x1080
>>52239433
>>
>>52240961
>gif
what is this wizardry
>>
>>52239777
>harder distros like arch
AYY
>>
>I want Arch but I'm too retarded to install it so I'm gonna settle for Cucktergos and complain on 4chan when it breaks

Kill yourself homo.
>>
It's still Arch at heart.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.