[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have the opportunity to do CCNA 1-4 plus maybe either the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: ccna_certified.jpg (66 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
ccna_certified.jpg
66 KB, 300x300
I have the opportunity to do CCNA 1-4 plus maybe either the first security course or the first VoIP course for free

Are they worth the time? Somebody of you have them?
>>
>>52237499
If you wanna work at cisco's
>>
Worth it if you work in an IT position where you touch networks.

How much it helps you will be dependent on
1. if you want to learn routers/switches, firewalls or whatever
2. HR for the jobs you want believes its important
>>
>>52237609
>wanna work at cisco's
If you wanna work at Cisco, you gotta pass a CCIE written exam withing six months (at least it used to be like that).
>>
>>52237609
Cisco academy is not vendor specific anon.
>>
OP here

>>52237757
is right, it is "only" a certificate, but it is not necessarily recognized worldwide.

Thing is, I can do this at uni and it is not my main subject but I'm interested in these things and I think that networks and the knowledge to harden them (possibly) could be a nice side ability for jobs
>>
I to am interested in cisco
If i go for my CCIE. Would it be better to go for security or routing and switching?
>>
>>52238977
it would be better to go fuck yourself pleb
>>
Just got into intro to networks class. What should i expect?

Also theres only 1 indian in the class.
>>
Software specific certifications are trash
>>
>>52237499
at my job it helps with testing anything that requires cisco networks
>>
>>52237499
I am CCNA certified and it's worth it if you know nothing about networking
>>
>>52241569

typical /g/ everyone
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.