[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Selling old software and vidya
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1396459524920.jpg (26 KB, 755x518) Image search: [Google]
1396459524920.jpg
26 KB, 755x518
Currently sorting out my shelves because I'm moving out soon and I have aggregated so much bullshit like

>actual legit copy of visual studio 2008 professional edition
>train simulator original version from like 2005
>5 train simulator addons
>rollercoaster tycoon 1 and 2
>tons of sonic games
>fucking 3d house drawing software for whatever reason
>etc.

I just wanna keep RCT and AoE for muh nostalgia reasons, I don't give a shit about the other crap, but I don't just want to throw it away. Do you think you can make money with that off of craigslist/similar or ebay?
If I search the individual titles, they barely get 1€ per item (maybe every 10th offer is sold)... I mean it was worth a lot more when I bought it, but at this rate, it'll be more efficient to just throw it all in the trash and invest the time spent into working on something else.
>>
>train simulator original version from like 2005
>5 train simulator addons

thats like 3 grand right there
>>
bout tree fiddy
>>
>>52235416
you can't own software so you can't sell it
>>
>>52235481
it's all pre-steam games and pre-cloud software

if you have the actual physical copy and the license key you can own it
>>
>>52235495
software should be free
>>
Why is this a thread? You answered your own question, you'll get fuck all, now fuck off.

There is nothing to discuss here.
>>
>>52235416
You could rip the software into .iso, make a notepad document with the serial keys, and seed them for maximum freedom. You wont get any money, but will get the respect of the torrent community at large.
>>
getting rid of old junk feels much more satisfying than you'd think

being a hoarder is just degenerate

and no one in their right mind is going to give you a single cent for visual studio 2008 or fucking train simulator

throw it in the trash and buy better games next time (or better yet, no games at all)
>>
>>52235416
Drop it all at Goodwill and claim the original purchase price as a tax deduction.
This is the only way to get any value worth your time out of old media.
>>
File: l_00772976_001.jpg (165 KB, 600x532) Image search: [Google]
l_00772976_001.jpg
165 KB, 600x532
Trash can the trash.

Stuff you want to keep:
put in cd wallet like pic related. Get an A4 Storage Box/binder and then shove the cd wallet + cd keys + manuals into it. Trash the cases.

Dvds/games etc you may be able to mass sell through stuff like musicmagpie (not sure if there is an equivalent in america). Just scan all the barcode, shove it in a box and ship for free. If an item scans up at a value that is even slightly notable (e.g. £2) chances are they are trying to rip you off -- its how they profit off of junk. Put that item aside and look up the real value of it and sell individually.
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>52235885
this but instead of a cd wallet just buy a 32gb flash drive and rip the shit out of the cds, then trash them

I doubt these old games will use a lot of space
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.