[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got some quick Hackintosh questions for you, /g/. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: os-x-el-capitan.jpg (348 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
os-x-el-capitan.jpg
348 KB, 1920x1080
Got some quick Hackintosh questions for you, /g/.

I've fairly experienced with Windows and Linux distros, but I want to expand the horizon by including OS X.

I ordered a Multicom Talisa U731 (http://www.multicom.no/multicom-talisa-u731-133-full-hd/cat-p/c/p10632082) and I was initially planning on simply dualbooting Elementary/Windows 10 on it, but since I work in retail selling computers, including Macs fairly soon, I wanted to get used to the OS I'll be showing off. Thus comes a few questions.

1: I've been looking through a decent amount of tutorials, but the only thing I can find about how to create a working bootable USB drive with OS X on it, is that I have to actually own an OS X based device. I do not have this at hand, nor do I know anyone who can lend me such a device. Is there another method of creating a bootable device without having access to an OS X device?

As in, is it possible to simply have an ISO-esque file with OS X in it and dump it on a USB drive, much like with Windows and Linux? If so, where do I get a working ISO that isn't sketchy as fuck, I.e., preferably not from a shitty torrent site.

2: Aforementioned laptop has a Skylake CPU, which apparently only got support in later additions to the El Capitan version. Has anyone tried using OS X on a Skylake-based system? Should I wait until Apple releases official Skylake Macs?

In general, are there any other incompatibilities with the laptop?

3: Last question, ties in a bit with the first one, mostly for simplicity sake: I usually have a USB drive lying around which has a few distros and Windows ISOs + tools on it which I created using YUMI. Would it be possible to add OS X in the mix?

Cheers
Anon
>>
I saw an .img installer of El Capitan for Intel pc on tpb.
>>
But that installer needs to be on wiped USB drive
>>
File: IMG_20150711_081436.jpg (286 KB, 768x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150711_081436.jpg
286 KB, 768x1280
>>52232671
You need a legit copy of OS X Lion install that on a machine that has compatible hardware go to the Apple store download El Cap use tonymacx86 software to burn the app on a 8+GB flash drive then your good to go keep that stick handy when you wanna reinstall OSX that way you can just install El Cap.
I'm building a Hackintosh this Friday or I might wait till the weekend to build it GPU is coming today rest of the parts won't be here till Thursday Friday at the latest.
>>
>>52232671
trying to install a hackingtosh on a laptop is usually a pain in the ass. It's just not worth the trouble
>>
File: mactards.jpg (161 KB, 501x1200) Image search: [Google]
mactards.jpg
161 KB, 501x1200
>>52232671
>Got some quick Hackintosh questions for you, /g/.

And you can fuck right off back to reddit with them.
>>
>>52233611
He's not Applefag though, just a wannabe otherwise you are correct.
>>
If you basically build your own version of an iMac, shouldn't be an issues with OS X right?

Using same type of motherboard, processor, GPU etc
>>
>>52232671
you should use this command from a linux pc to create a bootable stick

sudo dd if=InstallOSXElCapitan.dmg of=/dev/sda bs=1M
>>
>>52232671
I did it in two stages: First get a shitty probably-virus-ridden pre-cracked "distro" ISO and install it. Then use that to create the required files/sticks for a proper installation.
>>
File: niggers.jpg (8 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
niggers.jpg
8 KB, 240x210
>>52234560
IDK about that King Nigger im pretty sure you need to set at as GUID and it needs to be a journaled file system
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.