[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw last 3 years of work on refining encryption for 4k c
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: integ.png (509 KB, 800x720) Image search: [Google]
integ.png
509 KB, 800x720
>tfw last 3 years of work on refining encryption for 4k content down the drain because of required government backdoors
https://torrentfreak.com/warner-bros-and-intel-sue-4k-content-protection-ripper-160104/
>>
>>52230313
Whats the device supposed to do anyway?
>>
>>52230410
You can plug an encrypted 4k signal into the device, then connect the device to a capture card and record the decrypted signal.
>>
>>52230428
So it was made for pirates? Nobody has any use for that except pirates.
>>
>>52230453
Correct
>spend 6 years at uni + grad school researching real time byte stream encryption algorithms
>hired for past 3 years working on building "digital fort knox" for 4k content
>PM lead adds "I can use a secret hdcp bypass key to circumvent encryption" to backlog
>not even a year later the key is discovered by chino pirates
Sure the leaked key can be revoked, but it would require a re-encryption of all existing content and a forced software update to players. Even then, now that pirates know of this it will just be a cat v. mouse game of finding the next key.
>>
File: americans.jpg (20 KB, 387x398) Image search: [Google]
americans.jpg
20 KB, 387x398
>>52230313
>The companies have filed a lawsuit at a federal court in New York against the maker of the devices, technology company LegendSky.
>a federal court in New York
>New York

>Starting a few weeks ago the Chinese company launched a range of new devices which allow users to strip the latest HDCP encryption. This hardware sits between a HDCP-compliant source device and another device, allowing it to pass on a “stripped” 4K signal.
>Starting a few weeks ago the Chinese company
>Chinese company
>Chinese

They won't give a single fuck. China is truly the land of the free nowadays.
>>
>>52230313
>2016
>still thinking DRM can stop pirates from sharing movies and vidya
when will they ever learn that it's nothing but an inconvenience for both consumers and pirates
>>
>>52230313
Can't believe the government got the better of the corporations this time.
>>
>>52230821
This isn't good. This breach is like 9/11 x 4000 for movie studios
>>
>>52230453
and the occasional old/weird monitor that doesn't support 4k, or when using hdmi-dvi adapters, etc
>>
File: 570117850.png (128 KB, 414x225) Image search: [Google]
570117850.png
128 KB, 414x225
>>52231145
>stealing ideas
>>
>>52230453
Streamers are a huge portion of the youtube and twitch community.
>>
>>52231145
Don't forget human resources

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKpH7Rp937I
>>
>>52230453
Pirates go around seas capturing transport ships, threatening people with assault riffles and taking hostages, why are you talking about them?
>>
>>52231145
>implying the germans or the japanese were different
try reading up about it sometime it's actually quite interesting how they came to be the industrial powerhouses they are today
>>
File: american eductation 5.jpg (129 KB, 651x450) Image search: [Google]
american eductation 5.jpg
129 KB, 651x450
>>52231457
>Germans stealing stuff

Germans invented computers, cars, refrigerators, etc. and sent you to the fucking moon. You should show some respect.
>>
>>52230453
>implying I care about ¨'piracy is wrong' when the Kike Fucks have their factories in fucking India and China for maximum profit jewing
0/10
>>
>>52230659
This
As long as there's content being displayed on a screen, its pirateable. Go figure
>>
>>52231550
I'm german myself bro
"Made in Germany" wasn't invented by germans but by brits because germans were copying british products left and right which brits thought to be of lesser quality
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Made_in_Germany#History
also read http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/no-copyright-law-the-real-reason-for-germany-s-industrial-expansion-a-710976.html
>>
>>52231692
I'm German too bro, very interesting read. And really makes a good point in that the free and open sharing of ideas is for greater good than copyright is. Copyright keeps some people rich and society in the dark about many ideas. This free sharing approach encouraged any one, be they rich or poor, to read as everything was freely available and for far cheaper than the Jewish copyright trolls would allow.

Makes for an interesting counterargument regarding Germany's sudden surge in fining people for so called illegal downloads.

Once something is released to the public, it's public domain. That's the end of it. Can't someone simply saying that Kylie Ten kills Han Solo be considered illegal sharing ? That person shared information they didn't own copyrights to with someone who didn't pay the copyright owners. Seems like a stupid idea but that's really what us happening with this.

Same as people uploading their art to the internet then getting angry that someone put it on a shirt.

Public domain and the internet is humanity's domain. A place for the free sharing of ideas and information.

In summation, throw all Jews niggers muslims religious people and disabled people in the gas chamber.

Lets get humanity back on track.
>>
>>52231988
>>52231988
>I'm German too bro,
>>52231692
>I'm german myself bro

Kiitos Lapin poltosta vitun siat.
>>
>>52231550
I want to believe this is b8
>>
>>52230313
maybe when all those old people in charge get replaced with people that grew up with technology things will change.

Now matter how they try all these locks on content will be bypassed, its a pointless waste of money.
They should spend it on providing a cheaper/better experience to the consumer.

>required government backdoors
not mentioned in article op
>>
>>52232035
Kein problem bro
>>
>>52232102
>being this retarded
DRM is not meant to protect against piracy forever.
It's meant to delay the release process as much as possible so those who are really hyped for the thing pay for it.
Nobody cares if a movie from 2011 is released. but you bet your ass you are gonna be assraped if you leak a movie prerelease.
The problem this time around is that their shitty DRM got circumvented even before they started rolling their productions so now corporates' jimmies are rustled.

The same principle applies to games
>>
>>52230651
This. They do worse and still dgaf
>>
HDCP 2.2 was broken in July 2015, not long before I retired.

There is no "finding the next key". There is nothing to revoke. It is a system break. It is dead. (Again.)

I shall shed no tears.

If you really did had a hand in designing it, OP (it took you 3 years for that quick fix?): think about the ethics of what you are doing, and stop being the enemy. You know that DRM will always lose the instant a good opponent has hardware in their hands and time on their hands. And we, as humanity, lose when you try to lock away our culture and history and create things which are defective by design.

>>52230453
I have no affiliation with the creators of this device, but everyone who has any device which doesn't support HDCP 2.2 could have a use for a protection stripper like that: it makes shit which is designed not to work, work.
>>
>>52231692
>no-copyright-law-the-real-reason-for-germany-s-industrial-expansion
HAHA Stallman was right all along faggets.
>>
>>52233459
no way jose
>>
why protect the display-link anyway?
nigras will just crack the drm on the stream or bluray itself.
waste of processing-power, that's all that is.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.