[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mechanical Keyboards.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: Red.gif (109 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Red.gif
109 KB, 200x200
Which switch should I get for a gaming mechanical keyboard? I was thinking red, but my friend suggest blue switches. Opinions? Experiences and brands /g/?

I used this site for reference but still can't come to a conclusion on which switch.

http://www.keyboardco.com/blog/index.php/2012/12/an-introduction-to-cherry-mx-mechanical-switches/
>>
I like blues
>>
>>52226660
Blacks

/thread
>>
Red, black are for autists
Brown, blue are for normal people
Brown is better if you want it to be lighter and less clicky
Blues are better if you want a lil bit heavier of a switch and want it to be heard by your neighborhood
Anything else is a disgusting meme
>>
>>52227146
y?
>>
I have reds but i quite hate it
Id go for the brown or blue
>>
>>52227257
Whats wrong with reds?
>>
Blues feel best for typing.
>>
Clicky switches are for attention whores and children.
Linear switches are where it's at.
>>
>>52227195
THIS
Perfectly explained everything

I have browns, dont want too loud clicky noise but still a nice feel
Reds and blacks are just disgusting, feels like pushing balls, not even one click, just some soft slimy press on the keys
>>
>>52227593
Can confirm
My brother's reds feel like typing on a membrane again, the black keycap that came with my YoTG is just like pushing down something that won't go down right
I like the tactile feel of my Browns but can't stand the noise of blues while listening to music or talking to friends on VoIP
>>
>>>/g/mkg
>>>/wsr/

now delete this thread
>>
>>52227644
Can't delete threads more than an hour after posting
>>
>>52227652

If only we had some sort of moderation
>>
>>52227019
/thread
just got my mx blue WASD v2 in le mail
obviously the fucking jewish customs charge me extra money
>>
i have some green razer branded blues
>>
File: Falout 3 SLI 970s.jpg (454 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Falout 3 SLI 970s.jpg
454 KB, 1440x900
>>52227196
Blacks are the best hybrid. Solid, no-bullshit switches for gaming and quiet when compared to blues for typing. Take into consideration other people in your household when typing at night as even my mild blacks can annoy my sis in the next room.

God I want to fuck her.
>>
>>52226660
>gameing
Anyone who recommends anything other than red/black/brown is a moron.
Blues are the worst for gameing. Or would you like to play on a typewriter as a keyboard?

Brown masterrace here.
>>
Brown or die in a fire
>>
I'd suggest either reds or browns for gaming based on whether or not you want tactile feedback. I've had blues and one thing nobody ever says about them is how it rattles the bones in your fingers when you hold down a key because there are more moving parts. I ended up returning my ducky zero with blues in exchange for the brown model because of this.
>>
I'm in the market for a mechanical keyboard.
I'd prefer one without a numpad, but i also need it to have dedicated media keys (play/pause, next, previous, stop, and volume).
ideally, the media keys would be small and on the side of the keyboard, but i understand that is asking a bit much.
anyone know of something like what i'm looking for? if there are none, where could i get a small keypad that is strictly dedicated to media control?
I know i could use autohotkey or something to set up my own media keys, but i'd rather not have to.
>>
>>52226660
get blues
>>
>>52226660
Buckling springs.
>>
>>52227292
They are practically membrane keys but with a cherry mx brand stamped onto it
>>
>>52227627
>>52229115
This is very mixed to what i am getting from the archives, i read that people complain about browns being mushy so i guess they mean that they resemble membrane?
so if browns and reds both feel like membrane then the only different from a membrane is blues? but i hold down keys a lot since i play games and i don't want to feel the moving parts
of blues like people suggest, so i am stuck with blue, brown or red since those are the only ones i can get in my shithole and ordering a tester will take a month to arrive, suddenly mechanical switches
don't feel like they are any better than membrane since even if people here say they hate membrane the make everything say they hate membrane the make everything but blue and clear to feel like or very identical to membrane, if browns and reds are mushy then what's the difference from a membrane?
>>
>>52228266
Kek
>>
Clicky:
Blues < Greens < Buckling Spring
Though I wouldn't recommend a Buckling Spring for gaming given the low KRO.

Tactile:
Browns < Clears < Topre

Linear:
Reds < Blacks
>>
>>52231510 < rubber dome
>>
>>52231525
Clicky rubber domes, whatchu gonna do now?
>>
>>52230459
This
>>
Got my first mecha keyboard two weeks ago. Blue switches and I fucking love it. I never go back to rubberdome. Blue are loud but I never had so much fun typing. The feeling is different.
>>
>>52226660
>i don't know what i want
brown
>hammering the key like i hammered yo momma last night
red
>to piss off people that live with you
blue
>>
File: image_0.png (418 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
image_0.png
418 KB, 800x533
>>52228266
Post pics
>>
Get either brown or blue. People ITT are exaggerating the noise that the blues make - unless you have someone in the room with you at night, it's not a problem...at least in my opinion.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.