[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: CES2016.jpg (122 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
CES2016.jpg
122 KB, 1200x675
So CES is happening or about to happen. Some stuff about Lenovo according to Anandtech:
>Lenovo Launches ThinkPad X1 Yoga At CES With OLED Display
>Lenovo is using a Samsung OLED as the optional panel, and it’s a 14-inch 2560x1440 version
>The new X1 Yoga will be available starting in January, with the OLED model shipping around April. Prices start at $1449.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/9887/lenovo-launches-thinkpad-x1-yoga-at-ces-with-oled-display

So OLED is finally happening to laptops. It's going to stupidly expensive, but it's a start. When is it going to consumer desktop monitors? Better technologies will surface before your dreaded burn in happens.
>>
>>52222841
I'm working CES and it looks like such a huge clusterfuck. It seriously looks at a challenge just to see everything- let alone go to any of the talks or other events. I don't envy the people who have to try and cover as much as possible. Those with a focus or just there to kick back have it the best for sure.
>>
I used to see CES stuff on the Vergecast back when Topolsky still worked there, now that Topolsky is gone i don't fell like watching anything The Verge anymore so what should i do?
>>
>>52222841
What are you talkng abt? What is CES?
>>
>>52223259
Do we really have to spell it out for you?

Consumer
Electronics
Show
>>
I hate that desktop PC displays lag behind phones, tablets, and notebooks by 2+ years now.
>>
>>52223578
They're actually ahead, it's just that consumers don't get a piece of that.
>>
>>52222841
>$1500
>stupidly expensive

that's like how much a current X1 costs.
>>
>>52223578
maybe because making a 5" screen is a little bit easier than fucking 27?
>>
>>52222841
>OLED
does it have Bern-in?
>>
>OLED Matted display
mmmm sounds tasty but the X1 line is super expensive, I'll wait for the tech to make it down to the T line before I purchase a new laptop.
>>
>>52222841
>X1 Yoga
>Stylus
>Convertible
>OLED
>Trackpoint
Literally everything I have ever wanted in a laptop. Currently sporting a 2nd gen 12" TP Yoga. Fuck I'm going to be broke this year.

>>52224368
Starts at $1500 for shittiest specs I assume. OLED panel is a $200 upgrade. Maxed out would probably be well over 2 grand. I'll probably wait for gen 2 at this point or cheaper gen 1 models once gen 2 is out.
>>
>>52225871
Dream laptop man
>>
>>52223578
There's a reason why all professionals use Apple Macbook Pros.
>>
>>52226685
because it has "Pro" in the name? Why hasn't Lenovo thought about making a Thinkpad Pro?
>>
>OLED
hope they fixed the problem with color degradation and burn-in
>>
What real press conferences are today? Only know about NVIDIA.
>>
File: 1403270759586.png (19 KB, 226x161) Image search: [Google]
1403270759586.png
19 KB, 226x161
>>52223548
Citizen
Electronics
Show

https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Consumer
>>
>>52222841
great more consumer shit nobody needs

>inb4 poorfag lololo xD
>>
>>52228095
>need

We don't live in the Stone Age anymore grandpa.
>>
>>52228095
>consumer
>>52227986
>>
>>52227986
Fuck You.
Serisouly FUCK YOU.
>trying to limit what language I'm able to use.

Orwell warned us about cunts like you.
Even people with good intentions about it, like he had with Simple English but then realised what a horrid mistake it was.
>>
No hype for AMD Polaris?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.