[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fuck. I can do fizzbuzz, but I can't into real development.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
fuck.

I can do fizzbuzz, but I can't into real development. Got into talking and looks like I got some fucking job because I talked about programming and writing algorithms. All I've done is um programmed blinking led for arduino.

I do want the job. I got 2-3 weeks before I'm discovered. Tips /g/?
>>
>>52221099

Do nothing for 2-3 weeks, then yolo once you're on the job.
>>
>>52221099
Enjoy getting blacklisted
>>
>>52221147

explain being blacklisted?
>>
>>52221173
When you defraud a company by pretending to be qualified, people, specifically HR departments, will put you on their shitlist.
That means they'll never call you.
And hr heads like to pass around their lists to avoid giant liabilities like you.
>>
>>52221305

I can argue "foot in the door".

I can write programs, I just never did it for the company. VP offered me the job, I didn't really ask for it. He thinks I'm a bright mind and he wanted me on the team.
>>
>>52221099
>retards like OP get a job easy peasy
>actually qualified people like your truly have to jump through hoops to even get interviewed

fuck this gay earth
>>
Just do what your manager tells you to do, if you need help there is always Google and your coworkers. You are new and new people always need to be brought up to speed. Just learn on the job.
>>
If I survive; I'll post my success story.

It's time for me to quit /g/.

I'm really fucked this time.
>>
>>52221607
It's not what you know, it's who you know

As it has been forever

Since ever

Deal with it
>>
>"I want the job that I can't do"
Don't know what to tell you
>>
>>52222730
>It's not who you know, it's who you blow
ftfy
>>
>>52221305
No one passes around a shit list. HR would shit its pants if they found out someone was doing this. They would get sued and lose, and the privacy violations might be enough for punitive damages
>>
>>52221099
>All I've done is um programmed blinking led for arduino
Well you could start make blinking leds for a living.
>>
>>52223004
This, that will never happen
>>
>>52223004

Depends if it's a corporation or not. They can share lists with their own companies and partners.
>>
>>52221403
Dude, you'll probably be fine.

They wanted someone who could pick shit up and learn. If they wanted a master developer, they would have had a much more in-depth interview process.
>>
All I had done was program a simple database server, some irc chatbot and a partially functioning 2D game framework and it landed me a job.

It'll be fine. Working as a developer means constant learning anyway.
>>
>>52221403
>VP offered me the job
>I didn't really ask for it

How acquainted are you with said VP?

Given the quote, I see one of two things.
1) They didn't need someone with extensive experience, but someone they can train. Expect the next 6 weeks to be nothing but training, and asking you to read all kinds of programming books in your spare time.

2) The job title you were given is just an excuse, and the VP of the company can't exactly give you the title of "Personal Fellatio Dispensor" without raising eyebrows.

Either way you'll be fine.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.