[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SP3 user here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: surfacepro3primary_web.jpg (204 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
surfacepro3primary_web.jpg
204 KB, 1440x810
I switched from using Linux and OSX exclusively for a few years.
Ask me anything.
>>
>>52220941
Is it bitch to use on your lap?
>>
Do you like being a faggot?
>>
Do you have a cool interracial group of friends to skype with?
>>
>>52220970

No. It's better than a laptop.

>>52221004

I don't use Skype
>>
>>52220941
>3 position stand
Why didn't you get SP4 or SB?
>>
>>52221536
>3 position stand
Fuck you talking about, bud? This stand can run the full range, just under 180 degrees.
>>
>>52221536
>>3 position stand

Do you enjoy eating shit from your hands?
>>
>>52220941
Do you #ART?
>>
>>52220941
How long should a spacepen refill last if I use it every workday of the week?
>>
>>52222539
?
If you're talking about battery life, I've been using mine for the past 7 months heavily and it still on the original battery.
>>
>>52222618
No, I'm talking about how long should the ink last in a space pen refill.
>>
>>52222506

Yes, professionally.

>>52222539

First battery lasted about 8 months for me.
>>
>>52220941
Do you think it would be good to pair a surface with a portable battery?

I've got a 5200MaH one
>>
>>52222892
Only the Surface 3 (Atom CPU) has a microUSB charging port.
I pair mine with a 16Ah battery bank and get 25 hours total battery life.
>>
>>52222892

Not possible.
>>
>>52221004
So fucking underrated
>>
>>52222940
>>52222954
What about a male to male USB?
>>
>>52223265
you can't bring that into a God-fearing Christian household.
>>
I can say for certain the SP4s keyboard is better
>>
>>52220970
don't listen to OP it's a massive pain. You constantly feel like it's gonna fall over and you can't easily adjust the angle.
>>
>>52224206

Should I buy the SP4 keyboard for my SP3?
>>
>>52225670

Lies. It's way easier on your lap than an iPad or laptop.
>>
Actual SP3 owner and user here, some thoughts about it;

I've had it for a year now, pen is still using the original battery, granted I only use the pen for school (one note is the bees knees for school).
Also the touch screen is accurate where I touch, probably due to the fact I don't have hamplanet hands. inb4 manlet hands
Fucking fan is loud as shit, luckily for school purposes, ebooks/music/note taking it remains cool, so the fans don't need to turn on and as a result, quiet.
It is a bitch to use on your lap simply because touchpad on the keyboard sucks, I may get a sp4 keyboard, as I feel like that fixes the problem (although I hardly call buying a new keyboard as fix for this).
Both cameras suck for pictures, its good enough for shitty stuff like skype
The screen is amazing, despite the resolution stuff doesn't seem small.
Multitasking works great, one note + ebook open is great.

As for muh gaymin;
Don't. That's not the market for this, remember that its using intel HD graphics. So its more than enough for 2d games, shit like hearthstone, or amazingly well optimized games, after lowering the resolution to 1280 x 720p you can play shit like Devil May Cry 4 at 60fps.

I like mine, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you're in school, being small and lightweight, and the fact that I can use it as a tablet is pretty nice as well.

Favorite thing about it is One Note, I know I could get one note on more devices, but the fact that the button on the end of the pen opens up one note, it makes it feel like its a feature to the SP3. It just makes it simpler when I go home from class and can review my notes on my desktop

inb4 shill
>loud as shit when turbines go off
>battery life could be longer
>sp3 keypad touchpad is complete ass, has to be on a level surface to sometimes register left or right clicks
>price

Everything else is pretty solid
>>
>>52225908
>Fucking fan is loud as shit

Never had this issue. Do you live in a hot climate or something?
>>
>>52225954

I used to live in Texas, live in Illinois now.
Illinois sucks dick, fuck the cold
>>
>>52225971

kek
>>
File: LOO.jpg (327 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
LOO.jpg
327 KB, 2000x1000
>>52220941
>Ask me anything.

why don't you poo in the loo, parjeet?
>>
>>52228037

More Indians work for Apple and Red Hat Linux than for Microsoft
>>
>>52225971
>fuck the cold
no, fuck YOU
>>
>>52221047

>>>52220970
>No. It's better than a laptop.

>>>52220970
>don't listen to OP it's a massive pain. You constantly feel like it's gonna fall over and you can't easily adjust the angle.

I have had one for a year, I find it to be somewhere in between. It's definetly doable, but not better than a laptop. I get a laptop from uni to use for work, but if I had to do all my work on SP3 I'd probably sell it. Take that as you will.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.