[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does literally EVERY product on Amazon with more than 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5
File: git push origin master --force.gif (893 KB, 350x277) Image search: [Google]
git push origin master --force.gif
893 KB, 350x277
How does literally EVERY product on Amazon with more than 10 reviews have at least 5% 1 star reviews?
>>
Because there's always gonna be someone that's not satisfied, either because they misuse it or it's not what they expected or it was mishandled etc.
>>
majority of amazon users don't read the description then give it a low rating when they find out it doesn't do what they wanted it to do
>>
>guns are banned in Europe
>nobody in Europe has guns
>>
WARNING DO NOT BUY!! The box arrived at my doorstep completely destroyed! I took the product out of the box and it too was completely destroyed! I will never buy from this seller again! BUYER BEWARE.....
>>
File: 1434846167652.png (689 KB, 949x1250) Image search: [Google]
1434846167652.png
689 KB, 949x1250
>>52218541
when looking at reviews always keep in mind that:
>1% of satisfied customers will leave a positive review
>99% of unsatisfied customers will leave a negative review
>>
>>52218639
that's quite clearly Russia or some other ex soviet state

also guns are not banned just really heavily regulated.

you have to take a bunch of tests, do training and wait a bunch of weeks but if you really want to, you can get your hand on a 9mm

no semi autos or autos tho
>>
>>52218541
>Filename
My sides
>>
do you ever get people calling back after you did something to hear "Good job!" without being sarcastic?

only angry people tend to leave reviews and they are obviously negative. if the product is big enough, silence means "it worked as intended"
>>
>I didn't need the product in the end
>Never arrived!
>Seller xyz are useless, don't order from them!
>Item never arrived
>I can't work out how to use it
>Works fine...3 stars
>>
>>52218721
>being so wrong
>>
>>52222617
You forgot
>Best thing ever... 1star
>>
>>52218589
This. Same reason literally every youtube video past like 500 views has at least 10 dislikes.
>>
>>52218721
There's not a single country in Europe or Asia where that gun is legal to just carry around.
>>
>>52218589
partially this, but partially also that every mass-produced product has a yield rate; even if you're manufacturing blocks of wood, some percentage are going to come out the wrong size, the wrong shape, cut from the wrong bit of original wood so that it deteriorates quickly, etc...

and some percentage of those will pass quality control (if there is such a process, and there might not be), and people will get upset and voice it.

so there's your 5%
>>
People are illiterate and don't read before buying products.
>>
>>52223083
>and some percentage of those will pass quality control
Fucking this. So many people don't seem to get this. There is not a single fucking consumer company that tests and inspects every single one of their products. They take a small batch of maybe ten pieces and test those. If 8-9/10 are good, they ship the entire batch and just deal with any returns they have because it's far cheaper on their end. I used to work in a machine shop where we actually inspected maybe 1 in 50 parts and even then only two or three key dimensions.
>>
>>52223101
This
>>
File: 140251783478s.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
140251783478s.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>People who leave seller reviews in the product review.

>Item was good, but seller is shit, 1 star!

REEEEeeee
>>
Who's seriously autistic enough to go on amazon after the item arrives and shill it for free?

Conversely, how many people that get a broken or lackluster product do you think wouldn't mind spending five minutes to warn others off of a piece of shit?
>>
>>52218721
>no semi autos or autos tho
>implying you know shit
alrighty mate
>>
>>52223168
Uhh everybody apparently
>>
>>52223115
yep. and honestly even if they did check every single function on every single device, some percentage of them would still get through. a person will be hungover and overlook that something failed, or they'll cut a corner because they're lazy, or something else like that.

no process is perfect. you need to accept that and make the recourse to resolve that issue as accessible as possible.

I hate to bring apple into a discussion that doesn't solicit it, but apple demonstrates how to handle that well; if you buy a MBP and it turns out to defective (as some percentage invariably will), you can bring it into an Apple store (within a month or year or whatever) and be out the door with a brand new MBP in like 20 minutes (maybe less, depending on wait time). I'm sure they make a very serious effort to QC that stuff on the way out of the factory, but making the exchange process incredibly simple and fast mitigates negative feelings dramatically. Don't force people to ship that shit in and wait a week to get a replacement.

IBM (and for a while Lenovo) used to be the same way with Thinkpads. I had a faulty hard drive and they sent me a new one overnight with a box for me to send back the faulty one. That was the Right way to handle that given that I was using a Thinkpad - they correctly inferred that I would have the modicum of ability to replace the hard drive bay, and that I'd know what to do with the old one. The phone call wasn't a goose chase with me getting bounced all over the place. It was a smooth system (perhaps as smooth as it can be without a physical location for me to walk into and get a replacement from them).
>>
>>52223168
Me. If a product gets good reviews then its less likely to go out of production in future.
>>
>>52223204
>Don't force people to ship that shit in and wait a week to get a replacement.
This is my biggest pet peeve with RMA, it's YOUR fucking product that broke not even a quarter through the warranty, why do I have to pay to ship it back to you?
>>
>>52223246
EVGA paid for my shipping when I submitted an RMA for my graphics card that broke after 2 years of heavy use. They don't always force you to pay, but I wish more companies would understand how good it makes them look in a PR sense to do that.
>>
>>52223226
The effect your review has on any product is neglible
>>
>>52218541
How about 20+ reviews with 5% 1 star?
>>
>>52223367
It still makes me feel good inside, and even go back and check the amount of helpful votes I received.
>>
>>52223357
just imagining the best case that could exist...

>product breaks
>contact COMPANY somehow
>they offer me a list of nearby stores that would take my defective product and issue me a new identical unit, whereupon the store and COMPANY sort out the RMA process
>failing that, they offer to same-day ship/courier me the replacement unit with some tape/shipping label, etc...
>i choose the method that works better for me and we proceed

that'd be great. that's pretty much what apple does, but they can only do it because they have control over their own stores. I can't imagine EVGA convincing Fry's Electronics and Best Buy and all the other stores out there to accept any defective EVGA product that comes through their doors regardless of where it was purchased.

Maybe they could make a contract kind of thing that says they don't permit sale of their branded products unless they agree to handle RMAs and set up a communication system to coordinate that. But I don't think any brands have sufficient leverage to force that on a wide scale.
>>
One story I like telling is my experience with Hyper X headset. It's a "gamer" brand or whatever but their customer service is on point. My mic had a buzz issue, I just told the chat guy my problem and that I was sure it was a hardware issue and his next question was what's my address. New one shipped that day and he didn't even ask for proof of purchase.
>>
>>52223453
that sounds as close to ideal as I can imagine without getting into fantasy.
>>
>>52219799
niceeee
>>
>>52223453
Although it's not a company that sells physical products so much, I bank with USAA and they have the best customer support that I have ever used for anything. Based in San Antonio, good english, low wait times. I had to deposit a check that was over my mobile deposit limit and the dude looked up all of the UPS stores in the area for me to get the closest one. I didn't know that I could cash checks at UPS stores at the time, so it was pretty mind-blowing.

Also, Peavey electronics is super helpful. I have a guitar amplifier from the early 70's that needed repair; I emailed customer support and they sent me a pdf of the full schematic. Marshall and Fender don't like to send schematics unless you're a certified tech.
>>
>>52218541

Because some people try to use the product in the wrong way, don't handle it with care or are in general just dumb cunts.

>"wooow i expected quality of this mouse but when i lost in LoL i threw it out of my window and it broke what a flimsy piece of shit 0/5 lol make better mice"

You're gonna see a million of those in almost any product review
>>
File: _LAUGHS_IN_GERMAN_.jpg (47 KB, 327x303) Image search: [Google]
_LAUGHS_IN_GERMAN_.jpg
47 KB, 327x303
>>52223246
>Americucks have to pay for their RMA shipping
It's like you don't have any laws that stop companies from being dicks
>>
>>52223115
Auto manufacturers test every car.
>>
>>52223390
this
>>
>>52225607
Only buy necessity. It's far easier to just drive the car up to the rail car/semi trailer than to try and forklift it on.
>>
>>52223392
>even go back and check the amount of helpful votes I received.

Literally Reddit
>>
>>52225684
Nah i don't go on reddit, I'm just trying to get invited into the amazon vine program.
>>
>>52225607
The tests are not comprehensive of every feature in every conceivable legal use of a car. If the tests were, then many of the issues that prompt recalls (of which there have been several) would never have come to light.

Design and manufacturing defects occur in every industry and at every level. If you get an erection for cars, prepare for this: cars are included among "every industry".
>>
>>52222617
>people review the seller on the product review
That always makes me fucking mad. Why do they give retards Internet access?
>>
>>52218541
>Been using the same seller for years
>Always 5/5 service and shipping time
>Then one time it took almost 1.5 months for my shit to arrive
>Give them 3/5
>5 weeks ago I want to order something from them
>They no longer ship to my country

Can't help but wonder if they are butthurt.
>>
>>52223070
Sorry I'll have to prove you wrong here: https://youtu.be/xKQPX5lvBCk
>>
>>52225569
Its like 2 dollars to ship something across the country with USPS and it gets there in a few days..
Not really the end of the world.
>>
>>52222617

>bought it for my son for christmas, haven't opened it yet but he'll love it!!
>3 stars
>>
>>52227076
Yeah if you go to YouTube channels that are more family friendly you get videos with 0 dislikes and 15000 views.
>>
>>52218721
yeah all this bullshit and then the sandnigger terrorists just import an AK from Russia lol

good job
>>
>>52223083
I have ordered hundreds of products in my life already and never, not a single time, have I received a "dead on arrival" or "dead within the first 2 weeks" product.

I just can't believe those reviews.
>>
>>52227755
Most of the time it's code for 'I broke it'.
Other times it's a case of statistics- if it arrives broken you're going to make a review 90% of the time, if it arrives in one piece and totally fine you're not going to make a review as likely.
>>
>>52225569
we don't need a totalitarian state to keep us from gassing jews because we're actually decent people
>>
>>52227775
>corporations are full of decent people who don't need no puny 'laws' to behave in an ethical way
>in fact, in enjoy being raped in the butt, so it's ok :3
>>
>>52223168
Well amazon pesters you via email to leave item ratings, so I guess some people click on that button.
I stopped doing it and removed all my reviews after a seller tried to fucking call me on my mobile phone after a 2-star review. If I wanted human contact I'd shop in real stores
>>
>>52223204
You missed Staingate. Apple refused to repair defective screens under warranty until they were going to be sued.
>>
Many 5 star reviews seem to have a disclaimer: "I was given this product for writing an honest review." Paid shills.
>>
>>52225684
>not liking upboats
>>
For the same reason you always have whiners on forums and downvoters on YouTube. Some people are just idiots.
>>
>Product works fine but I ordered the 5-day shipping and it arrived in 6 days. 2 stars.
>>
>>52223079
you're wrong.
my buddy owns multiple firearms and he carries his handgun everywhere.

after the fall of communism he also used to carry rgd5 handgranades on him for the lulz.
>>
>>52227755
I have. It was a monitor with a broken screen.
>>
>>52229648
wow so bad a** XD
>>
File: 1425584167446.gif (2 MB, 316x222) Image search: [Google]
1425584167446.gif
2 MB, 316x222
>buy sealed collectors item on amazonfor around $200
>item arrives and it's clearly been opened
>seller claims its new despite not being sealed, refuse return
>have to amazon a-to-z it
>$20 restocking fee
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.