[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Current Year >Falling for the liquid cooling meme I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 212 EVO.png (201 KB, 799x546) Image search: [Google]
212 EVO.png
201 KB, 799x546
>Current Year

>Falling for the liquid cooling meme

I'm running a 212 Evo with a single fan that cost me around $30 USD. Tell me more about how your $150 liquid cooling setup is so necessary.
>>
>>52218069
I fucking hate water
>>
>>52218069
12C is 54F. Can you freeze water in your room?
>>
>>52218069
>>52218132

>2016
>not using mineral oil made with activated almonds and omega 3 fatty acids to cool your computer
>>
You can only do minimal overclocking with a 212 Evo. If you plan on overclocking that AMD chip, it's going to turn into an inferno.

Personally I don't overclock and I do have a 212 Evo that works fine. Only thing I did was replace the fan with a quieter one because I'm picky about noise.
>>
>idling
>believing AMD temp reading
My housefire FX9590 running 5.15GHz drops to 2 degrees at idle according that shitty sensor.
>>
File: 1434050937487.gif (439 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1434050937487.gif
439 KB, 640x360
>amd sensors
oh boy
>>
>>52218144
Not quite, its usually around 68-70 in my apartment because I like it chilly. I know the FX series is notorious for temp reading inaccuracies but the point remains
>>
>>52218069
So, how retarded are you exactly? Do you actually believe your CPU runs at 12°C? Do you store your PC in a freezer?
>>
>>52218197
Yeah I was thinking about adding a second fan on the other side of the heatsink for push/pull because it came with all the hardware to do that, but honestly I'm pretty happy with the 212 as is. If I ever upgrade processors or go to the zen line I'll honestly just stick with this cooler
>>
>>52218267
See
>>52218241
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.