[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why does m$ force win 10 onto people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Why does Microsoft try to force Windows 10 onto everybody? First they are like
>WOW IT's FREE! GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT
And everyone was like:
>WOW FREE WIN 10 for a short time. I have to hurry the fuck up
It's still free and they try to force it onto everyone that didn't get it yet. First downloading secretly in the background and now pop ups that are like
>Do you want to install it now or later this evening
without a no option. What is up with that shit? Why? What's their plan? Also only way to avoid this is to disable Windows updates I suppose?
>>
>>52218030
>What's their plan?
To make money with Store, ads and data mining.

>Also only way to avoid this is to disable Windows updates I suppose?
No, Microsoft gives you the switch to disable W10 nagware:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3080351
So you can even leave Windows updates on automatic if you wanted to.
>>
>>52218138
>So you can even leave Windows updates on automatic if you wanted t
If you want telemetry, then sure
>>
>>52218265
No, the telemetry only works if you enabled CEIP.
http://www.infoworld.com/article/2981947/microsoft-windows/the-truth-about-windows-7-and-81-spy-patches-kb-3068708-3022345-3075249-and-3080149.html
>>
Don't be surprised when you try to install a cracked program that was saved in your HDD because Windows 10 sees cracks as "viruses".

It won't tell you and it knows for what programs to seek.
>>
>>52218030
>Why does Microsoft try to force Windows 10 onto everybody?
Because they're a business and they have to make money. Their new business plan involves selling you services baked into Windows 10 (e.g. OneDrive storage, Office 365, Windows Store apps, etc.), because they realised they weren't making enough money off the OS itself anymore, because everybody was just stealing it anyway.
>What's their plan?
To make money because, as I say, they're a business..

This isn't difficult to understand, do you not know what a business is?
>>
>>52218314
you dont really know what you are talking about, do you?

and no, that stupid speccy fiasco isnt a valid response
>>
>>52218332
not many people buy retail versions of the os the in the first place. they make their money from oem and enterprise
>>
>>52218297
Too bad it is enabled by default on Vista and 7, and also on 8 and 10 if you didn't use the advanced setup
>>
>>52218415
The other day I checked on a few computers I manage (installed Windows 7 myself). CEIP was disabled on all of them and I don't remember doing it. Certainly not post-install, but I doubt it's an option during install either.
>>
>>52218030
Because they know it's shit and almost nobody really wants it except for retards. they already fucked up with Windows 8, and another fuckup would be really bad. So now they try to force it onto people so they can saw "look at these adoption rates!! Isn't Windows 10 great? All developers should startmake apps for us now so we can also jew our 30%."
>>
>>52219453
true, you do make a good point with that. if the adoption rate is 10% now with all the nagging they're doing, I imagine it would be much much lower had they not done this.
>>
Because win10's spyware can not be disabled fully on any version, Win10's analytics are an incredible source of revenues for MS.

Telemetry data, web analytics and keystrokes are saved on the MS's servers and becomes, according to the EULA the private property of Microsoft, that do allow them to raise a commercial profile of the end user, and sell these data to third party companies.

Including the private stuff, even if the documents you write or posts you make there, MS knows who will be interested to get the info.
this means millions dollars per day.

Apple and Google already does that so it's cool , right?
>>
>>52218345

You dumb nigger, I had several programs and windows 10 deletes the cracks.

Suddenly my Daz loader was gone.
>>
>>52219884
wat power options do u tick so ur pc dosent go into sleep mode or dim the display
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.