[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mkg/ - mechanical keyboards general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: IMG_1462.jpg (417 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1462.jpg
417 KB, 1600x1200
Olivetti is the 70s hhkb edition

(secret this is the only logical next step edition)

>Outdated links:

Buyer's Guide:
http://pastebin.com/QJD7fSGU

Where to Buy:
http://pastebin.com/8Yku80VL

FAQs:
http://pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp

Old thread: >>52179309
>>
>>52217113
Please respond
>>
>>52217771
You can get a usb hub that can give you unlimited usb ports.I doubt you need more then one hub(have the company write it off and bussiness expenses) if you do need more just plug another hub to the hub,Infinite cascading.

But yes most 60% dont intend on having a numbpad.Go fullsize(and not be a retard meme follower).Or buy a seperate numpad and look like a fucking retard
>>
I've never had a mechanical keyboard before. My primary use will be programming. Should I get the Vortex Pok3r or the KUL-ES87?
>>
>>52217928
>programming
neither of those are topre.

get a topre board.
>>
File: 20160103_174144.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160103_174144.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Topre over everything
>>
>>52217928
Get a corsair k60 mate
>>
>>52217928
Programming with no fn row
Excess convoluted keybinds to remember to do basic things
Nah get fullsize
>>
>>52217942
>>52217942
What topre boards are in the 100-150 price range?
>>
>>52217993
save up
>>
>>52217993
FC660c is about $190 + shipping (use biginjapan to avoid custom charges)
REALFORCE 87UB would be about $165 + shipping

Don't think you're going to get any cheaper than that.

>>52217860
Fullsize is awful if you use the mouse at all, honestly. Maybe I'm just not broad enough.
>>
>>52218100
How is it different then having a numpad which you also have to move your hands over to,to type?
Either way you're moving your hands from home row.With a attached numpad you're hand is right there off of the mouse.You can still type and do shortcuts with one hand on the left,while typing on the numpad.Then moving your hand back to the mouse.

I dont see how you spergs dont understand this.
Not to mention remembering non standard keybinds and not having a fn row.Buttons you spend 1 finger typing,vs fn+ whatever bind they have.
Its full retardation.
>>
>>52218309
>How is it different then having a numpad which you also have to move your hands over to,to type?
I think you're the one who doesn't understand.

Most people who buy separate number pads + 60%s (or even 80%s) use the number pad on the left side of the keyboard. This makes more sense because your homerow will be centered to your body and the mouse won't be too far off to the right. Having the number pad on the right side is a relic from when computers didn't need mice. Now that they do, full sized keyboards are an ergonomic nightmare.
>>
>>52218596
So where is your left hand?
if you're entering numbers most likely you're also typing letters.
MOUSE ON RIGHT HAND MOVES TO THE NUMPAD.
ARE YOU STILL WITH ME?
LEFT HAND IS STILL ON HOME ROW AND ABLE TO TYPE.IF YOU NEED A LETTER WHEN YOUR RIGHT HAND IS NORMALLY THERE.YOU STRETCH YOUR LEFT HAND AND PRESS THAT KEY.
STILL WITH ME????
NUMPAD ON THE LEFT=LEFT HAND IS NO LONGER ON KEYBOARD.YOU NOW HAVE ZERO HANDS.ZERO HANDS.ZERO HANDS ON THE KEYBOARD AND RIGHT HAND ON THE MOUSE
>>
>>52218309
Because with a full keybaord and mouse your arms are like this \ / or | | rather than / \

There's also less time/distance going between mouse and the keys you commonly use. And if you got a separate numpad, it'd go to the right of your mouse. You don't seem to understand the point of smaller keyboards.
>>
>>52218695
>And if you got a separate numpad, it'd go to the right
>the right
>the right
>the right
>the right
Redundant placebo retardation then
>>
>>52217957
but is the topre bump all that good when cherry mx clears provide so much more satisfaction
>>
>>52218695
>And if you got a separate numpad, it'd go to the right of your mouse
what?

Why'd you even get a smaller keyboard then?

>>52218745
I have cherry mx clears and they're lovely, but I can tell you that topre feels like absolute finger sex.
>>
File: 1415641121074.jpg (407 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1415641121074.jpg
407 KB, 1280x1280
>tfw got quickfire rapid-i for 80 nazi shekels
>granite caps will be 80 more nazi shekels
>160 shekels for the keyboard
oh weh
>>
File: enough.gif (966 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
enough.gif
966 KB, 500x281
>>52218798
>anon's face when they don't fit
>>
>>52218798
I'm sorry to tell you this, but you fucked up.
>>
>>52218770

>I have cherry mx clears and they're lovely, but I can tell you that topre feels like absolute finger sex.

Is this how people justify their overpriced rubber dome meme keyboards?
>>
>>52218850
why would they not fit?!

>>52218875
how so? you guys here said I should get it instead of the novatouch.
>>
>>52218894
It's fine as a keyboard, but the keycaps won't fit it since the bottom row is nonstandard.

>>52218887
Sounds like the justification for any mechanical meme keyboard
>>
File: 71eWQlMvvVL.jpg (155 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
71eWQlMvvVL.jpg
155 KB, 1632x1224
>>52218922
the drop should have different key sizes available.

picture related is the rapid-i with the set I want.
>>
>>52218922
>the keycaps won't fit it since the bottom row is nonstandard
It's the Rapid-i. It's standard.
>>
Continuing my question from last thread -- I have a (new, Unicomp) Model M that either:

1. Continuously presses the letter m until I press another key, at which point it stops typing ms and the m key, along with right shift plus UIJKNM, stop working completely.
2. The M key and the aforementioned shift combinations simply don't work upon plugging the keyboard in. Sometimes typing an n or a comma gets an m as well but pressing the key itself usually doesn't work.
3. The keyboard works perfectly fine. In fact, it worked continuously for about a week.

Right now it's alternating between 2 and 3. I have tried reseating the keycap (as suggested by Unicomp) and using the keycap from a properly functioning key, as suggested by >>52214776

Still no luck. Right now it is rapidly alternating between states.
>>
File: DSC_0309.jpg (315 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0309.jpg
315 KB, 2000x1333
>>
>>52219013
>dat red "call mommy" button
>>
>>52218978
To follow up somewhat, I have noticed that when is continuously spamming ms I can actuate the key when it comes up instead of when it comes down.
>>
>>52218978
Have you cleaned it of gunk and shit?
>>
>>52219071
It's new and pretty much in pristine condition, but yes.
>>
>>52219093
Got a short or something somewhere.
Need to get it serviced to try to do it your self
>>
>>52219160
But then how does it work so well for so long? And if there's something physically causing a short, how come moving the keyboard seems to have no effect?
>>
Should I get a Realforce 87U? I want the best quality keyboard money can buy.
>>
>>52219206
Something was wrong with it since you got it,and using it exasterbated the problem and made it more prominent.
I mean you see how it is,you just dont want to accept the fact that is busted.
some cars work for multiple decades with no problem.But they eventually have problems and you just have to get them fixed,or keep going on with it busted and maybe cause more damage to it
tl;dr Accept that its not functioning and no matter what mumbo jumbo you do to it now will change the fact that you need to get it professionally checked out
>>
>>52219256
I mentioned this last thread but I might as well mention it again:

I already told Unicomp about the problem and they're sending me a new keyboard. That's really great, but my current situation is such that that means that it's going to be about three months before I actually see that keyboard, so I've got to deal with this one in the meantime. They're not offering to service it, and even if they were it wouldn't be feasible for me to send it to them.

In short, I've got to fix this problem myself.
>>
>>52218100
What about the CM Novatouch TKL?
>>
>>52219292
Fucking go to a local repair shop.You're already guaranteed a new board.
Fucking get it serviced dumbfuck.
If you refuse to go back to your old keyboard and just wait.
Stop being a stubborn blind faggot.
>>
>>52219292
Buy a 5 dollar rubber dome m8
>>
>>52216621
you probably want granite keycaps for option 2, they'll be available on massdrop soon. check geekhack
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/granite-keycap-set
>>
>>52219672
Yeah, I probably will. I'm somewhat out of my element on this but I'm willing to learn, so I figured I'd ask.

>>52219631
I would *love* to take it to a local repair shop, but the world isn't exactly flush with places that service Model Ms. Hell, if I could find one in the Kanto region I'd take it there today. There is no old keyboard or believe me, I'd be using it.
>>
Just ordered a strafe RGB

Did I do good?
>>
>got in on the recent Unicomp Ultra Classic drop
>estimated ship date Jan 28

This life is suffering, I just want to welcome my new CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK overlord into my home.
>>
>>52218798
I spent around 500 Dollars on Keycaps alone this month.
>>
>>52219748
Go to ANY pc shop.Local shops.Not best buy not walmart.Normal ordinary pc repair shops.I can FUCKING GUARANTEE you have some in what ever third world cesspool you're living in.
If you're that ignorant just get off /mkg/.

Go to what ever third world retailer you have and
BUY
A
NEW
KEYBOARD
FOR
LOW
PRICES
THIRD
WORLD
CURRENCY.
>>
>>52219815
Curious:

Favorite switch type?
Favorite brand?
>>
>>52219820
Japan isn't exactly a third-world country.

The handful of places that I know here that service mechanical keyboards don't do Model Ms; I even asked the one place that sells Unicomps.

Of course I can buy a new keyboard. I'm asking for help fixing the keyboard I've got, not on how to buy a new one. My circumstances aren't dire and my livelihood does not depend on me being able to fix this keyboard -- hell, I'd just go out and buy another one outright if it was in stock -- but I'd like to fix it and, more importantly, I'd like to be able to fix it.

For anyone who might be reading this and would like to know what the problem is, my original post is here:
>>52218978
>>
>>52219848
Cherry (MX Green)
GMK

Topre is overrated and BS is something I don't want to start since I already invested quite a bit. Might fall in love. Never tried Alps.
>>
>>52218798
>granite caps
where are you getting them senpai?
>>
>>52219789
Jesus..... I'm trying not to judge you but from my perspective that's enough for 2+ months of food, several thousand rounds of ammo, a great computer/office chair, an excellent monitor, or 4 new tires + brakes + alignment for my pickup truck. Those are all things that I'd choose to spend $500 on before I would spend that much on keycaps.
>>
>>52219896
Do you have a decent soldering iron and a basic understanding of PCB repair?
>>
>>52219896
>Japan isn't exactly a third-world country
Then you would have a pc repair shop that would service ANY ELECTRICAL PRODUCT.Electrics on a mechanical are the same as they are on a computer.
>I'm asking for help fixing the keyboard I've got, not on how to buy a new one
You were told by multiple people,myself included,that something is wrong with the board its self,you cleaned it,you checked the pins.Its busted.Accept it.There is nothing you can do.You answered your self here
>buy a new one
If you want to fix it.Grab a book and some meters and take it apart peice by peice,switch by switch,and check it.
Beyond that
STFU GTFO or buy a new keyboard
>>
>>52219715
You got me pumped anon. I'll be buying these for sure.
>>
>>52219958
Yes. Basic.

>>52219971
If there's something anyone can do about this, there's something I can do about this. I just don't know what it is, which is why I'm asking. This isn't rocket science; it's a keyboard.
>>
File: topre type heaven.jpg (101 KB, 1500x996) Image search: [Google]
topre type heaven.jpg
101 KB, 1500x996
are the topre type heaven keyboards any good?
>>
>>52220045
Take the keyboard apart and look for any broken solder joints then. From what I've read/seen Unicomps are pretty simple to take apart and put back together.
>>
>>52220055
wouldn't mind knowing the answer to this.
>>
>>52220045
>This isn't rocket science
But it is out of the scope of your skills to desolder everything,and check the circuitry. As if you knew how to do this,you would have and saved everyone the hassle with your ongoing,answered,bitching.
>keyboard
Keyboards dont just perform magic when you press keys.Its a series of pcb and circuitry
>>
>>52219946
I totally understand where you are coming from and yes it was a little bit excessive. But not living in America (shipping costs) plus being to late in case of one group buy made me pay a bit more. At least it's not like I will eat only rice for the next few months.
>>
>>52220112
Topre is meme.Its a rubberdome
>>
I fucking hate massdrop. Every time I see something I want, either the color I want is sold out, or the drop ends way before it says it's going to and I miss my chance.
>>
>>52220116
Yeah, what other people choose to do with their disposable income really isn't any of my business anyway. I hope you enjoy your new keycaps.
>>
>>52220169
Check it every 2-3 days and you won't miss out.
>>
File: scale.jpg (16 KB, 504x212) Image search: [Google]
scale.jpg
16 KB, 504x212
h-h-hey /g/,

I'm thinking about buying a mechanical keyboard. I might do some light code auditing but it will primarily have standard desktop / gayman duties. I don't need rice but backlighting would be nice.
>>
>>52220189
I do, but like today with the blank subdued set, it just started this morning and I was trying to decide which colors I want and it ended just now even though it was supposed to last like 10 days.
>>
>>52220222
ducky one or shine 5
>>
>>52218967
>>52218973
My bad, either google images fucked me over or I'm blind.
>>
>>52220068
I did this already and didn't find anything. Thanks for the actual advice, though.
>>
>>52220284
Or just get a Strafe.
>>
>>52220297
hmm, it might be a faulty switch then, not sure there's anything else you can do about it
>>
>>52220306
>corsair shill
>>
>>52220385
Strafe has better RGB backlighting by far, and the keycaps are just as shit as a Ducky Shine 5. There's no good PBT backlit keycaps either. If you're going to get a Ducky Shine 5 might as well get a Corsair Strafe.

If you want PBT keycaps with Topre switches get something like a realforce or if you want cherry switches just get a pok3r.
>>
Poorfag newfag university student checking in.

What keyboard do you recommend? My sole criteria is that it should be reasonably cheap while not being complete entry-level garbage.
>>
>>52220321
I keep coming back to this, but I've tried to isolate the problem to no avail. I tried basically replacing the switch on the M with another key and I got the same problem. I've even plugged in the keyboard with nothing on the M key; when I do this, it reverts to the state where M doesn't work (duh) and the right shift key combinations don't work. This leads me to believe that it can't be the switch itself since the keyboard functions identically with the switch removed wholesale.

I'm not stubborn enough to continue throwing my time away on this problem, to be honest. It's just frustrating because the keyboard worked fine for a relatively long period of time with no interruption, and I'd like to think that it can't be *that* hard to get it back to that state.
>>
>>52220456
Corsair better then ducky?
wat fucking shit hole do you live in?
>>
>>52220471
Your circuitry is fucked
Desolder and come back with a report.Or stop posting.
>>
>>52220500
Ducky stopped being top tier since DS3.
>>
>>52220471
Hmm, I've never seen how they're actually designed, I'm sure they use some sort of matrix + controller design though right? Maybe there's a short somewhere down the line in that matrix.
>>
>>52220527
A "subpar"(your only opinion on it) ducky is a league ahead of corsair shill.
>>
>>52220456
>and the keycaps are just as shit as a Ducky Shine 5
Are you seriously comparing the thin ABS of the strafe with doubleshot ABS on the Shine 5?

Not to mention the fact that the strafe has a nonstandard bottom row. Why would you want to cripple yourself like that.
>>
>>52220570
>>52220651

Why is that? Seriously? The quality of the boards dropped tremendously since DS3. With their older keyboards you could literally slam it into a concrete wall and it would be fine. These new keyboards by Ducky are cheaply made.

Is it because of the non-standard bottom row? Doesn't really matter since there's no good PBT backlit keycaps. The vortex ones are shit, and even if they ended up releasing new PBT keycaps most people don't bother replacing them.

Oh, but the Ducky has great quality control, right? Wrong, their QA staff do literally nothing. Go ahead and post ">Reddit" because you can't have an actual argument.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/3ygpkg/cherry_mx_blues_lubed_from_factory_the_ones_on_my

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/3ys1b7/exchanged_ducky_shine_5_for_corsair_strafe_rgb/

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/3zaco5/rant_ducky_shine_5wut/
>>
>>52217771
Check out the Quickfire TK. It's got a 60% + Numpad, and the arrow cluster is integrated into the numpad. It's pretty comfy, and isn't as memey as the 60% boards you see all over the palce.
I use a Das 4 Pro for work and a GH60 for fun and VIM, but I've been itching to get a board like the TK. I've even gone so far as to design a file in illustrator that's CNC readable so I could cut my own plate, but haven't pulled the trigger on the project. Not sure if I'll have enough spare time to work on it, and I'm still debating between designing a PCB or hand-wiring it (though, hand-wiring seems like the best option for this phase).
>>
>>52220673
>the only backlit pbt set is shit (your opinion, I'm using them right now and I disagree), thus you might as well choose the shittier keycaps and the nonstandard bottom row which will limit your choice in aftermarket keycaps significantly

To start with, your logic is retarded. Why would you choose the shittier option just because this one specific set of aftermarket keycaps is shit (in your opinion) ?

What if you want to put on a non-backlit set for whatever reason? Why the hell would you get something with a nonstandard bottom row when you can just get something with a standard one from a manufacturer who is known for making good keyboards (as opposed to corsair, who is known for failing LEDs and QC issues).

Furthermore, I'm typing on a Shine 4 right now and I have no complaints about the build quality. I've opened this thing up before in order to replace a switch (it wasn't broken, I just wanted a black switch on the left shift key). I even slightly damaged the PCB in the process in some blunder, and it still works perfectly fine. The plastic case is thick, and there's a fat metal backplate holding the switches. I don't know about hitting this thing against a wall, but I'm fairly certain that it'd still hold up better than the strafe.
>>
>>52220651
>>52220673
Jesus Christ guys... seriously, there are FAR more important things in this world to get worked up over than keycaps and non-standard bottom rows. You do realize that over 99.9% of the human population is perfectly fine not even knowing that mechanical keyboards exist right? Arguing about shit like this is literally autistic.
>>
>>52220978
It's annoying to me how everyone bashes Corsair when their keyboards are perfectly fine if you're looking for a full size cherry keyboard.
>>
>>52220978
>Arguing about shit like this is literally autistic.
You're in a thread about mechanical keyboards. Why the hell wouldn't people in a thread about mechanical keyboards argue or discuss things which are related to mechanical keyboards?

Have the decency to stay out of a conversation if you have nothing to say.
>>
>>52221015
Their keyboards are fine, it's just that there are better options out there.

And the fact that they had some serious issues in the past.
>>
>>52220565
I think this is what has to be the problem, I just don't see anything and I only somewhat know what to look for. This is the first Model M I've owned that I've had to open up so it's all new to me.
>>
>>52219815
why would you spend so much on keycaps?
>>
What's the best full keyboard out there? I want high quality keycaps, a great feel, and easy to clean.
>>
>>52220673
OH NO.3 PEOPLE ON REDDIT AGREE WITH YOU.while /g/ disagrees.
Ducky is solid quality.
Are there defects in ALL FUCKING PRODUCTION LINES? Yes
If you believe otherwise you have no point in making any argument.
Show me more then 100 people changing from ducky to corsair and ill be open to your opinion. Equally i can show you 100 people who stayed with ducky.
>>
>>52220805
>vortex doubleshot backlit keycaps.
I had them with my ducky legend and over 75% of the board was not fully lit up.I LOVED the feel of them,and its subjective,but i have to agree with him about he keycaps.
>>
>>52221015
You're in an enthusisat thread.You will get the proper answers about quality.We dont want "just ok" boards.We want solid,amazing quality boards.
Corsair isnt that
>>
>>52221365
Neither is Ducky.
>>
>>52221317
Not him but I did go from ducky to corsair and I havent turned back
>>
>>52221346
What do you define as fully lit up?

I agree that the lighting is inconsistent on some keys (especially on keys with word legends such as the control key, also noticeable on the G,J, and D keys, as well as some others which have a shape of that sort) and totally missing for some legend parts (see the number row) due to vortex simply using their regular doubleshot molds. But I wouldn't go as far as saying that this affects 75% of the keyboard. These keycaps certainly have some issues, but I wouldn't say that they're shit, they're sub-par (and unfortunately your only choice in backlit pbt).
>>
>>52221313
Realforce.
>>
>>52221408
I have a Ducky Shine 2 and I'm thinking of going to the Strafe RGB.
>>
>>52221313
That's entirely subjective m&. I love greens and clears with pbts. But I love my unicomp ultra classic even more.

Get a unicomp ultraclassic or a full size KBT keyboard with clears or greens and a set of PBTs.
>>
>>52221365
Is the space key malfunctioning on your "enthusiast" keyboard or are you just terrible at typing?
>>
>>52221595
Sup faggot .Good to see you're in the thread .Because no one gives a shit about what you're saying .You autistic sperg .Go read any of the links i linked you last time .
>>
>>52221649
>Enthusiast keyboard faggot
>Doesn't know how to type
>>
File: tdlUXUQh.jpg (98 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
tdlUXUQh.jpg
98 KB, 1024x683
I wish WASD's custom caps weren't thin abs. The amount of customization you can do with them is absolutely unlimited.

They make great quality boards too. You can get pbt but you can't customize the printing on them to whatever you want. Why the shitty caps WASD???
>>
>>52221691
They're also pad printed.
>>
File: 1387844473972.gif (54 KB, 601x569) Image search: [Google]
1387844473972.gif
54 KB, 601x569
>>52221649
>Sup faggot .
> .

Okay, you're just an idiot then.
>>
>>52221452
My home row lit up about 50% of the key. All of the modifier keys are barely lit up,as in the luminosity of them. The middle clusters were lit up 50% of the key
The number row legends, but i knew that when i bought them and it wasnt an issue for me specifically.Most of the alphabet were 25% or 50% lit up,and barely noticeable at the angle i sit.
I regularly have to only type with my right hand due to an injury,and having a lit board is required outside of work
I liked the keycaps,but giving the alphabet cluster was not lighting up properly,i couldn't use them.
I loved the feeling of them and the thickness.These stock abs keys feel like dogshit. Id recommend them,but with heavy warning about the lighting issues.
>>
>>52220464
Model M from ebay or goodwill

A good new mechanical keyboard is going to cost you at least 100 bucks. Hell, douches on ebay will sell Model Ms for 100 bucks even if they're missing shit.
>>
>>52221721

I'd imagine that is the only choice that makes financial sense, from their standpoint, no?
>>
>>52221661
Thinking punctuation matter whens your mind dosent even read it and make any assumptions on it.
>>
>>52221788
Right. The people ordering their product don't know any better, so it wouldn't make sense for them to do anything more costly.
>>
>>52221691
What's with shit shoe-next-to-keyboard bullshit? I don't get it.
>>
>>52221825

Would other printing methods be as flexible as pad printing?

Being able to print literally any combination of colors and shapes must limit the amount of legending options they can realistically use as well. No?
>>
>>52221839

I think it's a reddit or geek hack maymay
>>
>>52221861
Can be done with dyesub, but it'd be more expensive and limit you to certain colour combinations.
>>
>>52221876
It's a reddit meme.
>>
>>52221878
Ahhh gotcha.

I wouldn't mind seeing what they, or someone else, could do with custom dye sub legends.
>>
File: photo_2016-01-04_03-39-56.jpg (112 KB, 956x1280) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-01-04_03-39-56.jpg
112 KB, 956x1280
>>52221741
That does indeed sound rather shitty.

Here's what they look like on my Ducky Shine 4. I wonder if it has something to do with the LEDs themselves.
>>
>>52221898
IMSTO does it with R4 OEM/cherry profile keys.

http://imsto.cn/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=93
>>
>>52221741
Yeah the vortex pbt backlit keycaps are ass. In my opinion you're best off sticking with stock keycaps if you've got an RGB keyboard. If you're going to get PBT keycaps, might as well just broaden your options by not giving a shit about backlighting.

I think keyboard enthusiasts in general fall for marketing, just not the same kind as normies. Instead of buying into the razer gaming grade switches, the enthusiasts buy into durable metal cases when in reality a good plastic case is fine enough.
>>
>>52221939

Damn that's nice. Would be expensive as balls to get a full set, but I'd definitely consider getting a custom function row or ten key or something.
>>
>>52221925
Might just be small changes between the boards
>>
>>52221972
>or ten key
Keep in mind the custom is just R4.

Check out what else he offers.
>>
File: turntup.jpg (303 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
turntup.jpg
303 KB, 467x700
>>52221993
>those metal caps

Daddy wants.
>>
>>52222021
Dont get zinc,they erode really quickly even if you're a germophobe
>>
>>52222021
Don't go on GeekKeys if you want to keep your money.
>>
so I guess the main benefit of having a mechanical keyboard is that I can always replace the keys in the event that they go bad? that seems to be the gist here... especially for something so expensive.
>>
>>52222140
That is one benefit. The other is how they feel under your fingers. Depending on which switches you prefer, they feel very different than rubber domes. If you are the type of person who likes luxury items then they have that appeal as well.

It's the difference between a cheap particle board ikea desk, and a handmade hardwood desk. Both serve the exact same function, but one is more pleasurable to the senses. Not the best analogy, but I think it's close anyway.
>>
irish weather
>>
>>52222213
so basically what you are saying is that rubber domes are the way to go because mechanical keyboards are truly overpriced garbage and priced so only people who have way too much expendable income will buy them

got it
>>
>>52222298

That is certainly one way to look at it, and you're not completely wrong.

The same reason a man buys a caddillac instead of a geo, or a Rolex instead of a Casio. All about luxury, feelings, and image.

Practically speaking, they offer almost no benefit over cheaper alternatives. But being practical all the time sure is boring.
>>
>>52222349
You're forgetting that you will feel less finger strain,and fatigue with a mechanical keyboard
>>
>>52222430
and why do you say that? arent the actuation points much greater like the green cherry mx switches?
>>
>>52222140
Pros:
last longer
feels better
repairable
more durable

Cons:
expensive
assholes online ask why they're good
>>
>>52222448
What are the Characteristics of Dome Membrane Keyboards?
Key Activation Force: The 'factory' actuation force varies widely, and can be as low as 25 grams or as high as ***150*** grams.
>>
>>52222430
Possibly. And my ass will probably have less strain on it when sitting in my caddillac than in my geo.

Doesn't much matter to me, given the choice, and the means, I would have the caddillac instead of the geo 10 out of 10 times. A digital Casio probably keeps time better than a Rolex with some sophisticated movement as well, but if I had the choice and the money (and I liked watches) I'd have the Rolex. Same goes for keyboards. I know the dome performs almost identically, maybe even better in some cases. But if I have the money and If I like keyboards (I do) then I'll buy the mech every time.

They feel good, they look great, and customizing them is a fun hobby. Good enough for me.
>>
>>52220153
it being a rubber dome changes nothing. if you like typing on it and think its better than others, then you're fine.
>>
File: CAM00177.jpg (896 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
CAM00177.jpg
896 KB, 2560x1920
Comfy
>>
>>52222502
yeah but if you are making such a general statement against membrane statements then you need to consider the range of the mechanical keyboards including the lesser ones as well but 150 grams sounds like a workout Kappa
>>
>>52222528
Im not disagreeing with you?
>>
>>52222573
You're not. :)
>>
What's the best Topre keyboard out of the below? I have no preference between tkl or full.

- Type Heaven
- CM Novatouch
- Realforce 104U
- Realforce 87U

Also I'd like to get PBT keycaps.
>>
>>52222560
Key Activation Force: The rated actuation force varies widely, and can be as low as 45 grams or as high as 100 grams. Most mechanical keyswitches are rated between 45 and 65 grams. For example, Cherry MX Red Stem (45 grams), Cherry MX Brown Stems (55 grams), Matias Quiet Click Switch (60 grams), Cherry MX Blue Stems (60 grams), Buckling Spring Model M (80 grams or higher).
>>
>>52222660
Out-of-the-box, it'd be the Realforce.
>>
File: P5205413.jpg (641 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
P5205413.jpg
641 KB, 1200x800
Hiya.

Can't wait to see what's new in Granite R4.
>>
>>52220720
The quickfire tk is not 60%, it's a tkl with the numpad where the home and arrow key clusters are.
>>
>>52222744
>numpad meme
>>
File: PB196918.jpg (502 KB, 1343x895) Image search: [Google]
PB196918.jpg
502 KB, 1343x895
>>52222781
>nothing to say
>>
>>52222792
Not him, but how do you guys play games that use the arrow keys or frequently use the f-keys? Yeah you can press fn + 1 to maybe get F1, but it's just not feasible doing it in a game like DotA for example. I use F1-F3 frequently.
>>
anyone have a picture of the light and dark grey keys together from the blank pbt keycap drop that started today?

>>52222781
>implying 60%+numpad isn't the master race

>>52222815
stop playing dota.
>>
>>52222815
I don't play any such game or use a keyboard without those keys, but couldn't you just rebind?
>>
File: PC217157.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
PC217157.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1000
>>52222815
I don't play any video games, so I have no idea how someone would with a 60% keyboard.
>>
>>52222851
Yeah you can rebind but I use pretty much the entire left half of my keyboard. I really like the aesthetic of 60% keyboards but I need those keys unfortunately.
>>
>>52222894
You have to take your hand off the normal position to get to the function row, though. Might it not be easier to use a modifier and a number row to achieve the same result?
>>
>>52222792
oooo what is that, im looking for something exactly like that to go with my 60%
>>
>>52217771
The duck light saver is pretty close to a 60% + numpad just with the function row.
>>
File: gLURo0W.jpg (295 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
gLURo0W.jpg
295 KB, 1600x1200
>>52222857
>https://www.massdrop.com/buy/granite-keycap-set

It'd suck.

I only play with a controller myself for most games.

I don't see how anyone could use a 60% to actually get work done. No function keys, not nav keys, no arrow keys. It'd be a nightmare.

I personally use the numpad quite a lot for work too, so it would be even worse for me.

I wish I woulda gotten a Compact SQ, maybe next GB. It is the size of a TKL, but has everything on it. Fully programable to, so you don't have to use the terrible layout in this picture.
>>
>>52223077
to be honest if someone were to get a 60% for work with stuff like photoshop or zbrush they would get a reprogrammable standalone keypad
>>
File: PC107048.jpg (489 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
PC107048.jpg
489 KB, 1000x667
>>52223077
>I don't see how anyone could use a 60% to actually get work done
For work it's actually nice as fuck, provided you buy one that's programmable.

A fully programmable 60% has access tp all the same keys a full keyboard does.

Pressing the FN key isn't any more inconvenient or taxing than pressing Shift for certain punctuation.

For games, where you might have to press a bunch of F-row keys in rapid succession, they're probably not the best.
>>
>>52223077
How often do you even use any of those keys though?

Right now I have a fullsize membrane board and I pretty much never use anything other than what's on a 60% besides alt+f4
>>
>>52223119
Every single day
And im not an accountant either
>>
>>52223118
can you please tell me what that number pad is
>>
>>52223152
It's a Duck Light Pad.
>>
>>52222931
My hand isn't really in a single position.

f1 = select hero, f2 = select courier, f3 = shop
1-4 = control groups, ` = selects all other units, 5 = scoreboard
tab selects different units, qwer are ability keys, t is a roshan timer
caps = voice comms, a = attack, s = stop, df = ability 5 & 6, g = glyph
shift = shift queue, zxcv = item hotkeys, b = buy quickbuy, n = buy sticky
ctrl = control group modifiers / level up modifiers, alt = cast indicator modifiers, space = item hotkey

I use all these keys frequently, leaving me with little space elsewhere. I could use a modifier for select courier and shop but I feel like in tense situations you want to quickly buy stuff and quickly get out. Like if you're about to die, you want to spend your gold first, or if you're battling someone mid, you want to buy items as fast as possible and send them out to you on courier as fast as possible. There's no way I make my "select hero" a modifier.

Then with arrow keys I pretty much need them for other games, binding of isaac comes to mind but there's plenty that use arrow keys.

I could live without the numpad but I do use it occasionally, it's just so much easier to calculate or do other tasks that involve sequential number entry with the numpad.
>>
>>52220153
don't listen to this shit.

You can prefer mx over topre, however if you end up loving topre you'll never be able to go to mx.
>>
>>52223193
Why do you think having a dedicated key is always the best situation? Why do you perceive something like shift+1 as slower than F1?
>>
>>52223244
I've experimented a ton with my controls, I used to have my items all as modifiers, but I ended up switching to my current scheme which I much prefer. The function key seems so awkward to be constantly pressing.
>>
>>52223244
How would you press ! if you did that.How would you do that with ALL the number row?
Would you then rebind ! as being shift+control+1
Where does the retarded rebinding end just so you can have a meme size
>>
>>52223119
>How often do you even use any of those keys though?

Function and nav keys?

Every day, I use nav cluster literally every minute to navigate pages.

Numpad? once or twice a week for a lot of data entry.

>>52223118
>Pressing the FN key isn't any more inconvenient or taxing than pressing Shift for certain punctuation.

True, but it becomes a pain when you must use combos that include function keys. Alt+ F4 becomes Alt+FN+F4. Kind of annoying. Quite a pain to do on my ergodox.

I play Eve on my F# free board (which uses F1-F10 for weapons and modules), but I just remapped them all to number keys. Not perfect (F# keys work inside or outside of chat, number keys need chat unselected) but it works in most situations.
>>
>>52223276
>The function key seems so awkward to be constantly pressing.
It's just a matter of what you're used to. Like you, a sub-TKL form factor scares me.

>>52223305
I'm talking about the binds in his game.
>>
>>52223342
DOTA dosent have the ability to change STOCK KEYBOARD FUNCTIONALITY to binds.
>>
>>52223305
>>52223313
>True, but it becomes a pain when you must use combos
Everyone always goes straight to alt+F4, but I don't think I've used that combo in years.

Ctrl+q tends to do the exact same thing in most programs.

I use a tiling wm, so I just use my own combo for killing programs.
>>
>>52223358
A quick web search indicates you can bind controls to whatever keys you want.
>>
>>52223371
>Ctrl+q tends to do the exact same thing in most programs.
The 2 most used browers certainly do not.
Outside of terminal programs,you're full of shit.
Dog shit you dont use alt+f4
Now you're just being autistic
>>
>>52223416
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>52223371
>Ctrl+q tends to do the exact same thing in most programs.

A fraction of what Alt+F4 works in, it is pretty much useless.

And if we want to talk about program specific shortcuts, I often use Ctrl+Alt+F2 to open documents in MS Word. On my ergodox that is a nightmare to press.
>>
Will you guys shame me if i get a strafe rgb
>>
>>52223426
sh/bash/zsh/dash/fish based terminals yes.
Most ncurses programs
As thats been the way since the fucking 70's
The rest STOCK does nothing
>>
>>52223459
Yes.
>>
>>52223455
Why aren't you using macros?
>>
>>52223474

I actually tried (I wanted language switching set to one key), but couldn't get them working with tmk_keyboard.

I was to lazy to use a program like autohotkey.
>>
>>52223501
What problem did you have with TMK?
>>
>>52223462
Just stop.

>>52223501
Well you should give it another go.
I can't even imagine why someone would buy an ergodox if they don't already have shit like this planned out.
>>
>>52223514

I just could not get a macro to work.

Tried this:

/*
* Macro definition
*/
enum macro_id {
SHIFT_ALT,
};
const macro_t *action_get_macro(keyrecord_t *record, uint8_t id, uint8_t opt)
{
switch (id) {
case SHIFT_ALT:
return (record->event.pressed ?
MACRO( D(LALT), D(LSFT), END ) :
MACRO( U(LALT), U(LSFT), END ));
}
return MACRO_NONE;
}

Just wouldn't do anything when pressed.

>>52223532

The The Function keys are just a minor annoyance. What I had planned out changed drastically after I used the ergodox for a few days too.

Still my favorite layout I have ever used.
>>
>>52223532
>just stop
>proven wrong
>cant come back with a coherent factual retort
>>just stop
>>
Question. I have cherry mx browns, I always bottom out and they feel weird when gaming. Would clears be a better choice to invest in? I've never touched a clear before
>>
>>52223560
>Just wouldn't do anything when pressed.
Did you assign SHIFT_ALT to fn_actions[]?

And I assume you mean a different kind of macro, but alt+shift doesn't normally do something, does it?
>>
>>52223587
red
Linears are best when you always bottom out,like i do too
>>
>>52223576
You didn't prove anything.
In fact, your statement here:
>The 2 most used browers certainly do not.
is blatantly false.

What are you even trying to prove?
That I use Alt+F4?

Well I don't, as I've already stated.
So unless you're suggesting that I just never close any programs ever, you're gonna have to accept that I have another solution.
>>
>>52223602

Yep:
/*
* Fn action definition
*/
static const uint16_t PROGMEM fn_actions[] = {
ACTION_FUNCTION(TEENSY_KEY), // FN0 - Teensy key
ACTION_LAYER_MOMENTARY(1), // FN1 - switch to Layer1
ACTION_LAYER_SET(2, ON_PRESS), // FN2 - set Layer2
ACTION_LAYER_TOGGLE(3), // FN3 - toggle Layer3 aka Numpad layer
ACTION_LAYER_SET(0, ON_PRESS), // FN4 - set Layer0
ACTION_LAYER_TOGGLE(1), // FN5 - toggle Layer1 aka F Keys
ACTION_MACRO(SHIFT_ALT), // FN6 - Language Change (Shift+Alt)
};

It switches between keyboard languages in Windows.
>>
>>52223626
>>The 2 most used browers certainly do not.
>is blatantly false.

Doesn't work on chrome though...
>>
>>52223618
I went to bestbuy and I've tried reds. For typing it feels not bad, still bottom out but it does feel a bit better than browns. However in a gaming aspect, it feels super weird
>>
>>52223626
DEFAULT FUCKING GUI PROGRAMS DO NOT EXIT WITH THE CONTROL+Q KEYBIND
TRY IT IN THE MAIN GUI BROWSERS AND IT DOSENT WORK STOCK
Can you not get this through your dense fucking skull.I run awesome and outside of said terminal programs,it does jack shit,or is another keybind with in the program
>>
>>52223639

Shit, Ctrl+Q doesn't even work in Windows Explorer.
>>
>>52223627
Only difference I see with mine is I specifically set the index:

const uint16_t PROGMEM fn_actions[] = {
[0] = ACTION_FUNCTION(PROMICRO_RESET),
[1] = ACTION_FUNCTION(PROMICRO_PROGRAM),
[2] = ACTION_MACRO(ANY_KEY),
[3] = ACTION_MACRO(VOL_RESET_WIN),
[4] = ACTION_MACRO(WIN_LOCK),
[5] = ACTION_MACRO(MUTE_STOP),
[6] = ACTION_MACRO(ZOOM_RESET),
[7] = ACTION_MACRO(ZOOM_IN),
[8] = ACTION_MACRO(ZOOM_OUT),
[9] = ACTION_MACRO(STOP_AFTER_CUR),
[10] = ACTION_MACRO(REPEAT_PLYLST),
[11] = ACTION_MACRO(RANDOM),
[12] = ACTION_LAYER_MOMENTARY(1),
[13] = ACTION_MACRO(REPEAT_TRACK),
[14] = ACTION_MACRO(SHUFFLE_TRACKS),
[15] = ACTION_MACRO(VOL_RESET_FB2K),
[16] = ACTION_MACRO(VOL_DOWN_FB2K),
[17] = ACTION_MACRO(VOL_UP_FB2K),
};
>>
>>52223655
Works in Firefox, PcmanFM, SpaceFM, Thunar, Gimp, Libreoffice, Nautilus, galculator, and that's as far as I got before I gave up.

I'm not sure what you're arguing about anymore.
>>
>>52223459
I won't, but only because I don't know what that is.
>>
>>52223648
Did you try blacks? they are reds but take more force to actuate.
>>
>>52223743
Not yet. I'm planing on getting the cherry mx sampler kit soon so I will be 100% on what I do/don't like
>>
>>52221691
What shoe is that?
>>
>>52221064
Not sure if you're still lurking, but I've taken apart shit loads of these. The only real difference in design between Unis and IBMs is the controller. They have the same membrane sheet construction that they've used for 30 years, which is surprisingly robust. The controllers however leave much to be desired. I'm also not a fan of how they just seem to "sit" there and rely on the interior to stay plugged in. So the easiest thing to do (which you probably already have) is re-seat the connector to the membrane sheets. These keyboards are simple, so it's only one of two things.

cont...
>>
Guys is this going to fit my Poker 2 keyboard?

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/blank-pbt-keycaps
>>
>>52223719
>>52224067
All of it?

Of course not, that's way too many keys.

Silly Anon.
>>
>>52223987

The membrane:
There is shit on the membrane allowing it to conduct (unlikely, because of the stem design. I've never seen any debris on the membranes of even the oldest IBMs). The hammer and spring could be fucked, but that's also extremely unlikely. The only way to know for sure is to take it apart - and then you have to do a bolt mod. If you curious though, it's easy - but time consuming. Plenty of walkthroughs online.

The controller: Nothing to say here. Get a new one from Unicomp. You could also probably fab up a new one with an arduino if those are available where you are.

Strange. I'm not saying IBMs are perfect, or that Unicomps are just as good (they're like, 95% as good). I've just never, ever seen a failure like this. Oh well. Fucking electronics.
>>
>>52224106
Holy fuck are you still on about this.
>>
>>52224084
Pls dude answer me. Is it for Poker 2? I couldnt find white blank keycaps for my Poker 2.
;_;
>>
>>52224183
I mean, you can try to fit them all on, but I just don't see how it could be done.
>>
anyone know of a mechanical keyboard with brown switches that has the F keys directly above their number?

dont want shit noppoo.. can't find anymore keycool
>>
>>52224310
Duck Octagon.
>>
>>52224310
>a mechanical keyboard with brown switches that has the F keys directly above their number

Compact SQ
>>
>>52219928
massdrop sometime this january.
>>
>made a thread with a cool as fuck olivetti
>thread is half an autist spamming about his broken unicomp, half an autist telling 60% people they are having fun wrong
This is the last thread I make.
>>
>>52222744

How much do you want for your Skull Squadron set?
>>
>>52222770
>The quickfire tk is not 60%, it's a tkl with the numpad where the home and arrow key clusters are.

ie; a 60% + numpad
>>
>>52222744
Your skin is brown.
It's the color of feces.
>>
>>52220805
You're fighting a losing argument. The other dude's more or less right, the Ducky series has gone downhill fast since the Shine 3, and while the Corsair isn't a whole lot better, it's generally a much more well received keyboard. Also, the LED meme on the corsair is old
>>
>>52222815

The poker II has the arrow keys on the function layer for WASD and you can remap the fn button to caps lock.

That's how I game and it's better than a full size keyboard for the games I play. I have access to WASD and all arrow keys without moving my left hand, or taking my right hand off the mouse. It's like having four extra buttons underneath your left hand. Also, i can hit the f-keys with my right hand, if need be, since the fn can be pressed with my WASD hand.

As for other 60% boards, i have no idea.
>>
Are there any good, reasonably sized extended mousepads? I want one for my pok3r and mouse to reduce the noise a little bit and as a soft wrist rest, but all the ones I can find are either fuckhuge or have dumb logos on them
>>
>>52223805
German Army Trainer.
>>
>>52223119
I use a GH60 and a full size, and while I love the GH60 for most home use, I'm having trouble using it for work. I use the arrow cluster frequently, though mainly the left and up arrow, and need to use the tilde often. I have a lot fewer typos on my mechs, which makes things easier in the long run, but I'm thinking it's time to invest in a TKL. My fullsize mechs just feel too large now, and I've realized that I don't use the numpad, but the 60's just don't have the keys I need.
>>
File: Capture.png (11 KB, 566x399) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11 KB, 566x399
The wait continues ;_;
>>
File: KBParadise-V60MTS_1.jpg (65 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
KBParadise-V60MTS_1.jpg
65 KB, 1024x576
should i get a v60 matias? they are suppose to be the next best thing after topre.
>>
>>52226002
>the next best thing after topre

why not save up and get the best thing bar none then?

Money has literally no value when you realize our time on Earth is limited and there's no reason not to e comfortable
>>
>>52226027
>why not save up and get the best thing bar none then?

But I already have a board with greens.

Just wanted to try something a little different.
>>
File: 1451181773016.jpg (49 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1451181773016.jpg
49 KB, 604x453
>>52226027
because I not ready to drop 300 on rubber domes m8. money might be abstract, but dignity isn't.
>>
>>52223118
Nice trackball choice, mayn.
>>
>>52226056
>because I not ready to drop 300

if you have internet access, chances are you live in a capitalist country.

that means you can improve your financial situation by getting better and better jobs.

If you have no talents or qualification, you don't need two keyboards either.
>>
File: trackthis.png (11 KB, 689x260) Image search: [Google]
trackthis.png
11 KB, 689x260
>>52225862

I feel your pain.
>>
>>52225289
I sold it around a year ago, sorry.
>>
Either early last year or the year before I dumbly spilled some liquid (don't recall what) on my keyboard. Anyway, I assumed it was fucked because I was ignorant and left it sitting in my shed with all the other shit curbside recycling won't take.

Anyway, recently after growing some pubes and a heart I disassembled my G400, fixed a problem I'd had with it for like 5 months or something with it disconnecting and cleaned it fully, so I fished out my now cobwebbed mech in the hopes the fix would be as simple.

The keyboard works, but certain keys don't respond and if it's shaken the same series of buttons are spammed.

The odd thing is, lifting it out of its frame results in it working fine. I've tried setting it back in in multiple ways but I can't seem to get it back in without the problem beginning again. What's causing this? How do I fix it?

tl;dr keyboard spamming random keys when it jiggles but only when placed in frame
>>
>>52226082

But why spend $300 on a rubber dome wheb I can just get one for $15?

Also, where do you live where the HHKB is $300? It is like$180 here.
>>
>>52226381

Some sort of short with the bottom of the case?

Maybe corrosion bridging connections or something?

Open it and take a look.
>>
>>52226394
>Also, where do you live where the HHKB is $300? It is like$180 here.
It's 210€ for me.

but I'm not the anon who said 300, I merely quoted him.
>>
File: dfgdfgdfgdfg.png (66 KB, 1445x464) Image search: [Google]
dfgdfgdfgdfg.png
66 KB, 1445x464
>>52225862
>>52226109
Really soon now.
>>
>>52222660
Go with hi-pros. The wife bought it for me and it's amazing.
>>
>>52226514

Not fair.

My tracking number doesn't even work.

Is HK post known for having bad tracking numbers? Or is it just taking that long getting in to the system because it is new years?
>>
>>52226514
>Der Zoll

Oh shit! I'm praying for you senpai
>>
>>52226406
Not really sure what I'm looking for. Bottom of case is plastic, and because it works fine outside of the case, I woudn't think it was cross-circuiting.

Scroll lock lights up when it's placed in the case and either won't turn off, or turns back on by itself. But to my inexperienced eye, the circuiting around it looks fine.
>>
>>52226693

Looks like quite a few of the solder joints have corrosion on them. Clean it up and it will probably work better.

The inside of some switches could also be bad, but that is a much more complicated fix.
>>
>>52226605
Thanks.

I'm hoping that it'll arrive today, though I don't know how the postal service handles this kind of stuff. I don't care that much about whether or not I get raped by import taxes, I just want my finger sex.

>>52226589
>HK post
Not sure who the HK post is, but I'm guessing that some postal services only start tracking something once it enters their domain of service.
>>
>>52226989
>Not sure who the HK post is, but I'm guessing that some postal services only start tracking something once it enters their domain of service.

Hong Kong.

And it shows as invalid on both HK and JP postal sites.
>>
Are HHKBs usable?
How do you even get any kind of serious work/programming (as suggested above) on this?
>>
>>52227063
The same way you do any kind of serious work on any other 60%

You have the function row, you have the arrow keys, you even have those page navigation keys. The only thing you don't have is a numpad, but you won't be needing that since you're not an accountant.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-04+at+01.21.38).png (17 KB, 278x402) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-04+at+01.21.38).png
17 KB, 278x402
So how is /mkg/'s WPM?
>>
>>52227038
>And it shows as invalid on both HK and JP postal sites.

In your case, japanpost will start tracking it only when the plane lands in japan.
>>
>>52227200
>In your case, japanpost will start tracking it only when the plane lands in japan.

Japan Post usually tracks from the start.

But still, it wont show on either site.
>>
>>52227211
is it EMS?
>>
>>52227223

EMS styled tracking number.

Last time I ordered from these guys tracking worked from the very begining.
>>
>>52227116
47 with two fingers
>>
>>52227116

>130 WPM
>position 1

Did you shoop this or something? 130 WPM would usually get you around the first 100s or so. The top ten have 200+ WPM, it's ridiculous.
>>
>>52227599
I'm more mad at my tracking being silent since Dec 29th.

Fucking Italy, what a thirld world country.
>>
File: cat.jpg (37 KB, 511x341) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
37 KB, 511x341
>>52227637
I found it odd too, I think the website is bugged. The leaderboards had people doing up to 180WPM in the past 24 hours.
>>
>>52227637

It is really old, he has posted it in like three threads.

Probably caught it at a good time right after a reset or something.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-04+at+02.49.57).jpg (448 KB, 1830x863) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-04+at+02.49.57).jpg
448 KB, 1830x863
>>52227730
>it is really old
I literally got it today. Check the filename of that image and look at this screenshot. The website was bugged out.
>>
Ordered this true classic. I really want to throw money into custom keycaps later so Ducky Shine 5 is not really a good choice.

/mkg/ prefers Shine though http://strawpoll.me/6384900/r
>>
>>52228080
>so Ducky Shine 5 is not really a good choice
It has a standard layout.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.