[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why would you even consider an iPhone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 16
File: iphone vs android.png (572 KB, 2560x1400) Image search: [Google]
iphone vs android.png
572 KB, 2560x1400
why would you even consider an iPhone?
>>
Nexus - Botnet: Yes (Can't remove or disable it)
iPhone - Botnet: No
>>
File: 1445682898837.jpg (81 KB, 600x554) Image search: [Google]
1445682898837.jpg
81 KB, 600x554
>>52216751
>>
why do you need a quad core processor on a phone? is it because of shitty unoptimized apps LOL

i bet thats why you also need a huge battery

poor idiot
>>
>>52216751
Nexus' are trash. Also Apple software is designed for that exact hardware so the amount of cores means nothing.
This is coming from an Android fanboy, if you compared it to a OnePlus Two or something cheap yet powerful like that I'd agree.
>>
>>52216809
It's so Google can run all their shitty data harvesting and syncing apps in the background all the time all at once.
>>
>>52216818
The Nexus 5 is still a good phone two years after its release. Google just fucked up with the 5X and 6P. My Nexus 5 still runs lag free with Marshmallow.
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 582x625) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 582x625
>>52216751
>>
>>52216751
Unless you're a dirty foreigner (aka non American), choosing anything but an iPhone is mentally ill behavior.
>>
File: 1451714647584.png (566 KB, 890x517) Image search: [Google]
1451714647584.png
566 KB, 890x517
>>52216797
>>
>>52216834
Fake viral marketing. Nobody under 35 uses SMS in 2016.
>>
>>52216831
Nexus 5 is a good cheap phone. 5X and 6P are overpriced trash. You'd think they'd sell them at near cost price at least so they could wipe the floor with Apple.
>>
nexus
>dropped after a few years
>shit battery life
>runs google's latest disgusting OS with super duper java CPU-eating faggotry

>iphone
>expensive as fuck
>gets updated long after release
>runs silky smooth iOS
>>
>>52216791 ur paranoid nigger. android is more secure than iphones are. see: http://venturebeat.com/2015/12/31/software-with-the-most-vulnerabilities-in-2015-mac-os-x-ios-and-flash/
>>
>>52216860
People with androids do.
They download all these nigger apps like kik and whatsapp to chat amongst other android users but send green texts to iPhone users because most iPhone users don't like using nigger apps that already do what the iPhone does by default with iMessage.
>>
>>52216876
they already do wipe the floor with apple. does my infographic not point that out very clearly?
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (480 KB, 493x342) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
480 KB, 493x342
>>52216915
Nobody bothers hunting down and patching Android bugs because they know 99% of devices will never get patched anyway due to Android's completely fucking retarded distribution model.
>>
>>52216915
>Reposting the same tech blogger who doesn't know shit as a credible source
>>
>>52216818
you must understand that this is also true with a nexus phone. nexus's are also optimized for android much better than 3rd party devices. nexus is basically the iphone of android
>>
>>52216915
Botnet = Unremovable Google apps raping your phone's RAM, bandwidth and battery all day long. Not security related. Although Android security is a complete joke regardless.
>>
>>52216915
scam site artificially boosts scores by counting them amongst point releases
also this is only a list of SOLVED vulnerabilities
dumb ass poor fuck
>>
>>52216791
IPhone is botnet as well. The Snowden leaks showed how apple was involved in the surveillance. After they were caught they went "it was only a little spying, but we stopped now. We care so much about privacy. What? Want to see the code of our encryption software? But then you will see our backdoor and use it yourself."
>>
>>52216791
>>52216797
>>52216809
>>52216825
>>52216834
>>52216835
>>52216964
samefag detected. How much is Apple paying you to shill?
>>
>>52217308
Apple is paying me $0 to state the obvious about how Android is a pile of poorly optimized shit created by a marketing company more interested in harvesting your data and showing you ads than anything else.
>>
remind me again what that nexus will be worth in 2 years?
>>
>>52216751
The 5x technically has a hexa-core CPU
>>
best non-nexus phone for android dev? galaxy s6? moto g? lg g4? etc?
>>
>>52216860
Fuck this so called 'marketing'!
People under 35 do use SMS!
>>
I've recently come for an android (about 6 years and 5 different phones) to an iPhone 6s.
Best move I ever made, unless windows mobile takes off, it's where I am staying. Android is a total pile of shit, the only reason I used it for so long was hoping it would get decent. I just spent years hating on stock roms and being disappointed with custom roms.
iOS is solid and it does more than what I need it to do.
Also, iPhones have superior build quality to every flagship android phone I've used.
>>
>>52216791
>product of an American company
>not botnet
Top kek
>>
Traded my piece of shit Android for an iPhone 6s plus. Cured my cancer and makes my orgasms much more pleasurable.
>>
>>52216912
this is whats so fucking sad that microsoft cant get in with their memedoes phones when the competition is so retarded
>>
>>52217501
Android is nice for a small cheap tablet.
I would never consider android for a phone though. I need my phone to just werk. I have that Amazon Fire 7 with android lollipop and it's nice being able to install adons onto Firefox browser and torrent shit directly to my device. And expandable storage too.
>>
>>52216860
Everyone I talk to uses SMS.
>>
>>52217396
s6, only because it's the most popular recent phone
>>
I met my wife because of my iPhone. Day after the release, I was at a party texting in the hallway, and a girl came up to me and asked me, "Is that the new iPhone?" I nodded in confirmation and uttered, "Plus." We started chatting, I let her play with it, and then a few hours later we got hitched (I live in Vegas). So, say what you want, but these are powerful devices.
>>
>>52217501

I won't knock their stability, but I find apples ecosystem obnoxious in the extreme. Just yesterday I was trying to copy a movie recorded on my mother in laws iPhone 6 to my laptop. The phone refused to do it. I swear it required some damn iphoto software to sync. But drag and drop? FUCK that.

Also how does the iPhone handle music syncing? It used to be everything had to be managed through iTunes which was a massive pain. I use my phone to listen to a lot of music while working out and one good thing about android is you can just copy paste your mp3 or flac archive to a microSD and it'll all play and be detected
>>
>>52216751
Android: shit written in Java.
OSX: shit written in C++.

iPhones do not need to be as powerful to run shit as smoothly and quickly as Nexuses.
>>
Android is getting more and more ugly with every update while iOS doesnt try anything to crazy and keeps things clean. Also i have enough disposable income to pay for it.
>>
>>52217589
master baiter here lads
>>
>>52217348
Gr8 b8 m8, i r8 BD9/11
>>
>>52217609
I agree, but I honestly think too much user freedom encourages instability in software. Generally the end user is stupid, a closed ecosystem makes sure it points the user in the right direction. This is pretty apparent with iOS, it works. I know I'm locked in tight, but it makes me feel kind of... Safe. (And I'm hardly computer illiterate)

Computers need to be open, because they are workstations that need to be tuned to specific needs. Phones don't need to be.

I do agree with the whole drag n drop bullshit though. But that's mainly due to my hatred of iTunes.
>>
I know it sounds stupid BUT I haven't found any Android phone with GOOD audio recording yet. I still use my 4S and I can go to concert or VERY LOUD events and if you record a video it sounds just fine. I can hear and understand stuff. Concerts or anything loud will be too loud for Android phones. The audio peak will go way into the red and you will just get something like white noise that's like >chsrtrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrz
The only thing they care about is picture quality. OH FULL HD VIDEO, now we even have 4k video but the sound quality is still shit. No one ever talks about this. So please give me android phones with GOOD AUDIO QUALITY (when it's about recording).
>>
>>52217509
All in favor for denying US hosts on the world wide web?
>>
>>52217348
Do you think Apple's any better?
>>
>>52217699
>Poorly optimized shit
It's Java, as are 80% of the apps made for it. Enough said.
>Harvesting your data
There are more Google data collection services than anything else on your average Android phone
>Showing you ads
Adsense, Admob, in-app ads, search engine ads, FUCKING ADS EVERYWHERE
>Than anything else
Google doesn't give a shit about Android security, they only recently put a "Your device is insecure, lol" notification in their latest OS and all it does is tell you to buy a newer phone, because you aren't getting updates, ever. Sucker.
>>
>>52217589
>iPhone user
>not gay

pick one
>>
>>52217711
fuck off back to /mu/
>>
File: iphone-home-button.jpg (20 KB, 620x216) Image search: [Google]
iphone-home-button.jpg
20 KB, 620x216
I love the iPhone's home button. Pressing it gives me an orgasm each time. It's a nice kinetic thing UNLIKE VIRTUAL BUTTONS that aren't really there.
I want REAL buttons. So can you tell me one good MODERN android phone with actual BUTTONS instead of virtual on screen buttons for home and menu and what else android phones have (they still have 3 buttons. Forgot what for though. I know there used to be a search button which is gone now so I can only think of home and menu but I know that there is also a third...).

Here is the thing about the Home button on iPhones:
I am inside an app. I want to get out of it. I press the Home button. THE FUCKING END.

Here is the thing about being inside an app in Android:
Hm maybe I have to scroll all the way up and there is an exit button or something at the top corner?
Maybe I have to press the BACK BUTTON (That's the button I forgot) but sometimes the Back Button brings me to a previous menu inside an app or it kicks me out of the app. It's different each time.
I also love FULL SCREEN APPS.
I had Super Hexagon for my Android and I would constantly see the menu bar with it's 3 buttons on one side of Super Hexagon - ANNOYING AS FUCK!
I installed some patch or hack or whatever the fuck (because you need to tinker around with android like hell until it does what it's supposed to do) which let me run apps in FULL SCREEN so the menu bar would disappear but I would always have to swipe or some shit to get it back so I could get out of Super Hexagon. ALSO ANNOYING AS FUCK.
But you know what? There is no solution to this UNLESS you give me physical buttons which most Android phones do not have anymore.

Here is also why I fucking hate virtual buttons and I am glad my Sony Xperia 3 got stolen. I write a message and I want to hit space but right underneath space is the fucking home button so many times I would kick myself out of the app I was currently using just because home and space are a few pixels away.
>>
iOS is good if you don't want control over your device.
>inb4 jailbreak hurr durr

iPhones are locked down pieces of shit. They're for girls and tech illiterates.
>>
>>52217961
Not wanting to constantly fuck around with buggy software doesn't make you computer illiterate. It makes you pretty fucking sensible in my book.
>>
>>52217711
If you really want decent audio recording, you need a dedicated device.

http://www.amazon.com/Zoom-H4N-Digital-Multitrack-Recorder/dp/B00UK7G3UO
>>
>>52217853
/thread

Research has proven that 9% of linux and windows users are gay while apple clocks in at 43 percent.

Also linux users have the most social disorders.
>>
File: cm-pie-android.jpg (139 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
cm-pie-android.jpg
139 KB, 1000x667
>>52217930
>iPhone users get confused by the complexity of a three button setup

Pros for virtual buttons:

- you can hide them
- they don't wear
- they don't break
- they are silent
- they can rotate with the screen
- you can change them to your liking
- they free up the bottom bezel so you can have a better grip on the phone
- more ergonomic
- gives the phone a cleaner look
- can provide extra info

Cons:

- too hard to use if you've been crippled by an iPhone
>>
>>52217711
>>52217039
>>52218023
>>52216912
>>52217841
>>52217930
>>52216809
>exact same points
>some words are randomly capitalized
>remarkably similar writing style
this reeks of samefag
>>
File: datfeel.jpg (47 KB, 467x409) Image search: [Google]
datfeel.jpg
47 KB, 467x409
>>52217930
>physical buttons on the front of phones
>>
>>52217930
>criticises hardware, bases criticism on personal taste
>FEEL THE CAPSLOCK IN YOUR EYEBALLS
>not being able to find the home button (middle below the screen)
>blame OS for some apps dev not removing unused parts of one of the templates they give android devs
>bad hand-eye coordination or sausage fingers

Yep, it's all android.

$2 have been deposited in your applel wallet on behalf of the applel shilling department
>>
File: image.png (208 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
208 KB, 750x1334
>>52218178
Nah m8
>>
>>52216751

>Lagdroid
>carrier in control of updates
>carrier bloat
>lags

I'll pay extra for a phone that works
>>
>>52216791
Can't you just use cyanogenmod and fdroid and a custom kernel? Doesn't that keep google out?
>>
>>52217930
>I am inside an app. I want to get out of it. I press the Home button. THE FUCKING END.
okay well on android you can press the home button and that's "THE FUCKING END". Also that's actually a really negative thing about iPhones, because the back button on android just goes back a bit -- not back to the home screen.
>>
>>52218395
Agreed, however swiping from the left hand side to the right normally goes back. Failing that, you can press the top left corner.
The only shitter is the fact it seems to be app dependant.
>>
>>52216751
battery life
which is sad because iphones get shit battery life.
>>52216791
are you literally retarded?
you can install whatever software you want onto a nexus device. try doing that on your modern iphone
>>
Both the Nexus and the Apple phone are shit, for different reasons.
>>
File: phonez.jpg (2 MB, 6009x682) Image search: [Google]
phonez.jpg
2 MB, 6009x682
>>52217501

Amen. I'm done flip-flopping and will not longer defend Android. Apple just werkz (well for me, as long as you can jailbreak it).
>>
>>52216818
>Apple software is designed for that exact hardware so the amount of cores means nothing.
you're retarded too
the reason the 6s performs so well is because it has incredibly high IPC.
But retards like you think that the core count and clock speeds are the only thing that matters
and the op2 is trash it makes the n5x look good
>>
>>52218324
yeah. you shouldn't need a custom kernel though (granted most cm builds make a new kernel anyway). cyanogenmod (or a similar rom that's good) + F- Droid apps only destroys iPhone in the freedom department. Even destroys SailfishOS, the shitty proprietary OS that is supposed to appeal to le privacy le FOSS GPL :^)
>>
How else would I pretend I'm a normfag? iPhone is the perfect cover. Everyone thinks I browse facebook when I'm on my phone, but I'm really on /pol/
>>
>>52217930
>I had Super Hexagon for my Android and I would constantly see the menu bar with it's 3 buttons on one side of Super Hexagon - ANNOYING AS FUCK!
that hasn't been true since 4.3 or 4.4
>I am inside an app. I want to get out of it. I press the Home button. THE FUCKING END.
theres still a home software button on android you dumb fuck. and taking you to the home page is all it does.
>Maybe I have to press the BACK BUTTON (That's the button I forgot) but sometimes the Back Button brings me to a previous menu inside an app or it kicks me out of the app. It's different each time.
it takes you back one step. is that really too complicated for you?
>I installed some patch or hack or whatever the fuck (because you need to tinker around with android like hell until it does what it's supposed to do) which let me run apps in FULL SCREEN so the menu bar would disappear but I would always have to swipe or some shit to get it back so I could get out of Super Hexagon. ALSO ANNOYING AS FUCK.
so you installed android 4.4?
>>
File: 1451785844965.jpg (117 KB, 642x718) Image search: [Google]
1451785844965.jpg
117 KB, 642x718
>>52218076

1) finally someone who answered my question
2) i hate apple. I have hated apple all my life and I have used my apple than Windows. I HAVE to use their stuff because I make a living with it. It's overpriced and the fans are idiots.
Having said that ANY fan of something is an idiot. So people just attacking me without any further evidence are idiots as well. I've used Android when it first came out and I have had plenty of Android phones. There were a bunch of things that annoyed me about Android and of course there are a bunch of things that annoy me about iPhones BUT the sound quality IS GOOD when I record something.
Telling me to use a Zoom (I know what a fucking Zoom is. I own one and I also record audio for work) is beyond the point. I might as well tell you to carry around a camera, a walkman, a notepad... and other things with you. That's not why you own a phone. So people only care about LOOKS as in:
>oh this video I have recorded LOOKS NICE
because you can use it in advertisement. People SEE it with their eyes. They can compare videos but sound no one fucking cares about so once again
GIVE ME AN ANDROID PHONE WITH GOOD AUDIO RECORDING QUALITY AND ANSWER MY QUESTION - I think you can't.
>>
>>52217961
The amount of fucking around you have to do to get control over your average Android device is fucking absurd and I hate being forced to learn how to do it. Even though my device is now streamlined as possible, I just know the next iteration of Android is going to make it harder and harder to gain control. You already need a modified kernel just to get root under Marshmallow. And I don't care about that "systemless root" crap, it's gimmicky crap held together with duct tape and string, and will probably break as soon as anything changes.
>>
>>52218452
>iPhones get shit battery life

Androids are notorious for shit battery life and you come out with this shit? Kill yourself.
>>
The thing with Apple always used to be that their fans used to be like extreme Christians or Muslims who tried to force their believes onto you. You would just laugh about them and move on because you knew they are idiots.
Android isn't any different nowadays. Android users feel so superior and so much better and have to rub it into their face how great Android is. I guess no one of you sees the irony that you aren't any better than Apple fanboys. Fanboys suck no matter what brand. It's just that when it's about phones Android fan boys are the ones who cry the loudest.
>>
>>52218800
yeah 2015 android phones
but 2014 android devices got WAY better battery life than any iphone could hope for
>>
>>52218556
>Intentionally making your phone near-useless just to avoid Google's dick in your ass

Google gives you two choices. Use their shitty apps and services and get fucked 24/7, or don't use them at all and end up with a device so gimped you're forced to sideload most apps and even then half of them don't even work.
>>
>>52218838
Bullshit, massive 805k screens, 678 core CPUs constantly running at 100% in the shitty I optimised software drain batteries like a bitch. This is a pure lie.
>>
>>52218828
Too bad Android manufacturers have no clue how to sell new phones other than absurd screen sizes and DPI that's so placebo you need a magnifying glass to tell the difference.
>>
>>52216818
that has more to do with apple having the foresight to know that most apps wouldnt be multi threaded since that takes some expertise to do right. something a bunch of kids and cs grads flooding the market havent quite grasped yet.

most apps on the store are by people that barely piece that shit together and is really a testament to how far APIs have come in modern software development.
>>
>>52218883
You're full of shit. Take any android device, you don't even need root, and just disable any and all googlel apps. Watch the standby battery life climb to absurd levels. It will sit there for a week and not run out of juice.
>>
>>52217083
The only material they had on Apple was the Prism slides and that's spying by splicing into the infrastructure backbone. Thanks to on-device encryption that you can't even disable and iMessage having end-to-end encryption you're a lot more secure on iOS than on android, which is by the way monetized by mining data such as your location, your contacts, your emails, your SMS, your carrier info, your searches, etc. If you don't like what Windows 10 is doing by default, then you're going to be horrified to find that android does exactly the same thing and microsoft just copied google when they created it.

So yeah, fandroid keep on telling yourself that you're not the only ones suffering from being datamined as you cry yourself to sleep at night.
>>
File: 1421742711553.png (393 KB, 395x599) Image search: [Google]
1421742711553.png
393 KB, 395x599
>>52216751
I'm going to buy a used 4s, because my chinese android had a problem with the ram, he hardly runs browser and whatsapp. Also, thanks to my bankrupt country, most entry level android phones are fucking expensive right now.
>>
File: iAd.jpg (126 KB, 1110x935) Image search: [Google]
iAd.jpg
126 KB, 1110x935
>>52216791
>iPhone - Botnet: No
ayylmao
>>
>>52219611
>iAd
>Advertising API that allows advertisers to collect so little data on users that advertisers actually complain to Apple about it and often refuse to advertise using iAd
I'd rather have everything use iAd than google's equivalent spyware.
>>
Lumia > those.
>>
>tfw you suspect Apple isn't that interested in fixing the "get booted to the App Store with no approval" nature of iOS web browsers because ultimately it still might net them a few bucks
>>
I like bananas
>>
I have no friends to text me, I ignore answering my little sister's text messages, I don't have many apps on my phone, but I do care about slowly having my privacy rights being eroded away by ad-funded android phones. Should I switch to iPhones if it's the lesser evil? Is it the lesser evil?
>>
>>52220613
>applel anything
>lesser evil

kek
>>
>>52216751
Nexus phones look like trash and I can't stand them. I often recieve new phones as gifts anyway, so I don't really care about the money.
>>
>>52220819
They aren't an advertising company and on all other fronts they're really no different than any other big tech company ethically.

Plus, if you really care about ethics you shouldn't be buying any technology new anyway.
>>
>Use QKSMS
>Have any colour bubbles you want
>>
>>52217589
I met my husband because of my iPhone. Day after the release, I was at a party texting in the hallway, and a guy came up to me and asked me, "Is that the new iPhone?" I nodded in confirmation and uttered, "Plus." We started chatting, I let him play with my dick and then a few hours later we got hitched (I live in Sweden). So, say what you want, but these are powerful devices.
>>
>Price
Wow $200 more for all the social benefits and OS benefits of owning an Apple device
>screen size and ppi
Good for a 4.7in phone generally. As for the nexus, its behind competing Android phones
>weight
Not bad for an aluminum phone at all. Nexus also does a good job here for a 5.2 in.
>CPU specs
Entirely irrelevant. iOS flagships for its phones and tablets always bench higher and are faster and smoother in real world use than whatever Android has out during the time. It's amazing that people ever mention this.
>storage
Both are terrible in this regard. An extra 16gb doesn't help much if your a big internal storage user.
>>
File: 1433293701800.png (98 KB, 1232x825) Image search: [Google]
1433293701800.png
98 KB, 1232x825
>>52220884
>literal ringleader of wage suppression scam for the entire tech industry
>threatened to sue companies into oblivion if they didn't suck it up and join the cartel
>is the sole reason tech industry jobs this decade have such shit pay and long hours
>all because they didn't want to pay more to their employees THAT HELPED THEM MAKE THEIR BILLIONS
>this is only scratching the surface of the scumbag shit they pull yearly

>they're really no different than any other big tech company ethically.

How deluded can you be? Apple are literally the single most evil megacorp in the entire sector.
>>
>>52221156

>being this poor
>>
>>52218535
If those are really the phones you've used through the years, I think you have some serious fucking problems. You either break phones or have some severe mental disorder.
>>
>>52216751
>why would you even consider an iPhone?
I don't see a difference between fashion accessory and phone.
>>
>>52221227

Thanks, it's my hobby and I constantly swap them. Least I did until Android started sucking cock. These are the phones I've had since 2003.
>>
>>52216751
>can make calls
>can get email
>can surf web
>can get weather
>can get GPS/directions
>can play music
>can play shitty mobile games with asstons of in-app purchases
Both do these things just fine. You're autistic if you care about what phone some random faggot has. I have an iPhone because it syncs with the Mac I use every day at work and I didn't have to pay for it. For the uses outlined above, Android isn't better or worse.

Grow up you manchildren.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I also have the watch :^)
>>
File: 1430166422781.jpg (36 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1430166422781.jpg
36 KB, 480x640
>>52222306
me2 :^)
>>
Because specs don't matter.
saged
>>
>>52222569
Holy mother of obesity
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.