[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
applel "security"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: mac-shield.jpg (17 KB, 572x572) Image search: [Google]
mac-shield.jpg
17 KB, 572x572
>OS X is secure!
>iOS is secure!
>Apple is secure!

https://www.cvedetails.com/top-50-products.php?year=2015

literally the most insecure pieces of software in existence

applefags BTFO
>>
nigga you dumb

go back to /b/
>>
nigga you gay
>>
>>52215617
>>52215638
obvious butthurt samefag is obvious
>>
It seems that way mostly due to how Apple reports CVEs.

Kernel vulnerability in current OSX version? OSX CVE

Kernel vulnerability in old OSX version? OSX CVE

Shipped library vulnerability? OSX CVE

Shipped application vulnerability? OSX CVE

Microsoft, Adobe et. al. have much more fine-grained reporting – per product and per version, sometimes even per-component per-product per-version.
>>
nigga you gay
nigga you dumb
>>
>>52215089
>literally the most insecure pieces of software in existence
Vulns without exploits are not much of a problem. And exploits in OSX aren't trivial to make.
Also, Apple reports all vuns discovered internally and the ones in Samba, CUPS, SSH etc as OSX vulns.
That's why the gross number is so big.
>>
>>52215089
>year=2015
>angryjohnoliver.webm
>>
File: shot-20160102-1949-n9lwxs.jpg (100 KB, 1280x968) Image search: [Google]
shot-20160102-1949-n9lwxs.jpg
100 KB, 1280x968
>>52215089
OSX was the most targeted because it's the master race OS you think any serious people use Windows no!
OSX was being targeted because the attackers wanted to get the real people they can benefit hacking not a bunch of kids playing Call of Duty or League of faggots.
>>
>>52217205
you mean people with too much money lying around?
>>
>>52215727
>mostly due to how Apple reports CVEs
So Apple is too incompetent to properly report fucking vulnerabilities and you think they're competent enough to write quality code?
>>
>>52217205
Yes because hipster macfags drinking overpriced coffee at $tarbuck$ are a much better target.
>>
>>52217266
>Yes because hipster macfags drinking overpriced coffee at $tarbuck$ are a much better target.
Your obsession with Starbucks is misplaced.
They, like Krispycreme, went broke in my country but we love our Macs.
Find another meme.
>>
>>52217343
so what you're saying is, your country is full of homosexuals? how do you maintain a stable population?
>>
>>52217353
>your country is full of homosexuals?
If we were you'd be here... and you aren't.
>>
>>52215089
Linux BTFO
>>
File: Capture.jpg (106 KB, 1036x641) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
106 KB, 1036x641
>>52215089
>meanwhile in an OS that's actually programmed by non-retards
>>
>>52218063
>meanwhile in an OS that's actually used by nobody
>>
responding in a shit thread.
>>
Feels great running Windows 10 (and Windows in general) right now :)
>>
>>52217822
>linux kernel alone has twice as many vulnerabilities as WinXP, an entire desktop OS.

oh boy am i laffin
>>
>>52218271
muh open sores
>>
>>52218271
nobody's finding the windows vulnerabilities because there is no code available.

shows just how bad apple's code must be. even though their OS is closed source, it has the most discovered vulnerabilities.
>>
>>52217663
>waiting for mods to confirm that IP's originate from same country...
>>
>>52218486
This person actually understands how this all works.
/thread
>>
>>52215089
Apple
>All OSX versions in one category, including obsolete versions

Microsoft
>Every version of Windows is it's own category
>Also well known that Microsoft no longer reports anywhere near all of their vulnerabilities and patches now often fix undisclosed vulnerabilities

I mean seriously, combine every CVE for the 8 different versions of Windows in the top 20 you get:
>1160
>When Apple only gets 384 when you count them the same way

In short: Winshills clasping at straws, as usual.
>>
>>52218890
I'm a Winkuck, and I completely agree with this statement. There is a reason Windows is the most hacked operating system on the planet.
>>
File: applel-rootpipe-fix.jpg (75 KB, 497x652) Image search: [Google]
applel-rootpipe-fix.jpg
75 KB, 497x652
>applel in charge of security
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.