[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people think iphones are so much better than everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11
File: _20160103_144243.jpg (133 KB, 795x1221) Image search: [Google]
_20160103_144243.jpg
133 KB, 795x1221
Why do people think iphones are so much better than everything else?? I need some good arguments.
>>
They look good. That's about it.
>>
>>52215073
If you're the sort of person who is impressed by big numbers, which you're not entirely sure about, and imagine that they represent some sort of measure of value for money or performance experience then the iPhone won't be on your list of prospective phones.
If price is your only determinant it definitely won't.
But, if you prefer something that just does the job beautifully and stays out of your hair it'll be up there.
>>
>>52215090
/thread
>>
>>52215073
They are much better, but the extreme overpricing makes them a poor choice in terms of cost-benefit.
>>
>>52215073
I've had a launch HTC dream. The G1. First android phone. Been pro android until this year when I got an iPhone. I've been making a horrible mistake all that time.
>>
because the player with the best stats isn't the most fun to watch
>>
When you're rich, overpricing doesn't matter.
Even if an iPhone is just barely and supreficially better, get it. It's still better.
>>
>>52217404
The iPhone is so much more stable. I kept getting promised the the reason android was so laggy and slow was it needs more ram, needs a faster class of SD card, needs a better cpu, needs a better gpu. No that is wrong. One someone tells you that stuff they are wrong. Android just has poor unoptimized software.

That last one that I almost said because of the higher resolution of the new Android screens, that one should expect had performance from even the new cpu's. This is a lie.
>>
>>52217563
There is simply no pressure on Android phone makers to improve their product's performance.
Sure, they'll throw specs at you all day but in the end it's how it works for you that counts.
As long as people buy Android phones uncritically, either through ignorance or fanboi love, or maybe from economic reasons, they'll never improve.
>>
>>52215073
it's called marketing. It's why bitches love diamonds as well.
>>
Had Galaxy S4 (the snapdragon 800 version). Got random battery drains. Rooted the phone, installed 40 apps to detect wakelocks, could not fix wakelocks.

Bought iPhone. No battery drains. Much better standby battery time. I'm not a fanboy, but it really just works. The one thing that I miss from my galaxy s4 is the notification LED.
>>
>>52217563
I don't get this.
I finally caved into the smartphone meme and got a nexus 5.
Zero stability issues.
Currently on a g3. It's not as smooth but it's definitely not laggy.
>>
>iOS is very stable
>iOS is very fast (unless you upgrade to the "last" release for a given device i.e IOS7 on the 4 or IOS9 on the 4S)
>Most apps are developed for iOS first
>The stock apps all work well together. Androids tries to do this with the Google apps, but it's not quite as elegant.
>Good battery life
>>
>>52215090
iPhone 5 was the last decent one. Once they got all rounded with ugly strips running through the back, it was over. iPhone 4s was a thing of beauty.
>>
File: blown.gif (634 KB, 347x404) Image search: [Google]
blown.gif
634 KB, 347x404
Any flagship phone from mid-2014 up to now does everything that you do on daily basis with speed and ease. The purchase comes down to brand loyalty and familiarity with the OS, nothing more. All flagships are the same.
>>
iOS is a lot nicer to use than android
>>
iOS is easy to use, there is just the "iphone", no need to compare other phones like lg g4 to nexus etc..
Higher number in the iphone industry = better
The average consumer doesn't care as much.
>>
>>52219503
1. BB10
2. Android
3. iOS/Windows

True story.
>>
>>52217563
What the fuck are you guys doing on your phones that you get lag? I just open a few websites, check email, watch some streams, listen to some music.

What the actual fuck you fuckers are doing on a phone that you notice lag, like on any phone above 300 bucks?

You think if a game lags on a phone, then the OS is to blame or what? You think if you open 21803476102837469128364780123467 apps at the same time and you can't properly multitask, it's the OS that is the problem? You fucking dense turbonerds, stop thinking so much about phones. They are just phones, a tool, that's it. They're not your fucking life. They're a tool you use to call people, send messages, open a webpage or a few of them, play shitty app games. Dont fucking expect to play Starcraft on it lagfree while you open 10000000 websites and other 123123141 apps at the same time.

Fucking self-entitled generation of idiots, really. When i hear this lag meme, I swear you guys don't deserve this tech. You didn't do anything for this tech to exist, you selfentitled fucks. So you better be thankful, you can buy a marvel of modern technology for a few hundred bucks.
>>
>>52219643
>poor anon detected
>Santa didn't bring him an iPhone this year

Hahahaha! :DDD
>>
>>52219643
Now we have this, which is amazing. You have these phone that you can call in a air strike. You can look at the top of your own head. It's amazing this shit and wasted on the shitiest piece of asshole. I square to gawd. We are the worst people. Because we have this beautiful thing, and we hate it. We are just, "duh nuh." I have never seen a person going, "Look what my phone can do..." Nobody does that. They all go, "Fu**ing thing grrrrr. sucks....I can't get it to..."

Give it a second. Would yeah? Could you give it a second. It's going to space. Can you give it a second? From space. Is this speed of light too slow for you? You noncontributing product sponge cunt. Can you just wait?!?! Can you just wait? And just take a little breathe. Just wait for the picture of axle rose to get on your phone. Like it doesn't f***in matter what you are doing. We are all so mad, "I hate my phone. It sucks."

No it doesn't. It's amazing. The shitiest cellphone in the world is a miracle. Your life sucks around the phone. Why are you so mad at it.
>>
>>52215073
iPhones are like Chromebooks. They don't actually do anything so there's nothing that can go wrong with them. Normans think this makes them a superior technology.
>>
>>52219674
I wouldn't accept an iPhone as a gift.
What can I do with an iPhone, if I'm straight? I would be giving the wrong idea to people who are interested in iPhone owners.
>>
>>52219698
Android is laggy crappy shit that lags harder than a fucking constipated shit from an ass. I used an Android once and it took that laggy Lagdroid piece of lagshit 4 goddamn shitty hours of lag to lag its way into Google's botnet and then they sent the NSA to my house. I threw that piece of fucking laggy shit out the window and it even lagged on the way down because Lagdroid lags like a shitty poop from an ass (or butt) and then someone saw the piece of shit Lagdroid on the ground and thought I took a shit out the window so the police came to my house (3 days later because the person who called used a Samshit Lagdroid which is a stupid phone for dumb idiots) and I got a ticket for shitting out the window. After that, I bought an Apple iPhone. Not only does it never lag, it actually reads my mind and brings up what I want as soon as I think of it. I get mad bitches now because bitches love guys who use Apple products instead of shitty Lagdroid poop and I couldn't be happier. None of you fat neckbearded fat fucks could possibly understand how great it is to own an iPhone because you're all poorfags and virgins.
>>
>>52215073
Get yourself a Xperia ZX period.
>>
File: M8 clone vs real M8.jpg (54 KB, 600x544) Image search: [Google]
M8 clone vs real M8.jpg
54 KB, 600x544
>>52215090
>They look good.
They don't even have that anymore.
>>
>>52219643
Ultimately I switched to the iPhone because opening 4chan destroyed my android phones.
>>
>>52215073
it's a glorified dumb phone for people too stupid or lazy to give a fuck
>>
iMessage is the only reason I use it
>>
>>52221172
>i eat shit from my hands

That's not something I would brag about bro.
>>
File: flagships.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
flagships.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>52219485
>mid 2014

Any phone from 2013 is still fast enough.
>>
>>52215073

IT JUST WORKS
>>
File: 1451816163352.jpg (26 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1451816163352.jpg
26 KB, 600x450
>>52221288
>$800 difference
>$100 phone is faster
>>
File: 1363944360712.jpg (55 KB, 511x578) Image search: [Google]
1363944360712.jpg
55 KB, 511x578
I bought my girlfriend the iphone 6 plus so she gave me her iphone 6.

I don't enjoy the app store nor do I enjoy iTunes. I thought I would enjoy the single device eco for the software but it just doesn't impress me.

When I was younger I had a 2nd gen ipod touch and it was cool for its time. But it seems like all the games still look like they are from the 2nd gen era.

What should I even do with my old phone? (Asus ZenFone 2). Can I run some server on it and keep the phone plugged in? Can I use it as an ftp server that's active 24/7 for local network?
>>
>>52215073
iOS is incredibly optimized, even with one gig of RAM. Also, the OS is smooth as fuck and it just werks.

You can also download emulators (if you wanted to on a touch device) without jailbreak
>>
File: iShit 6s.webm (2 MB, 198x360) Image search: [Google]
iShit 6s.webm
2 MB, 198x360
>>52221363
>iOS is incredibly optimized

AYYLMAO
Y
Y
L
M
A
O
>>
>Get an Air 2 for $200
>ios is STILL a piece of shit

I didnt think it was possible
>>
>Stock iOS is way more secure than stock Android
>Devices still have software support for several years after release
>usually top end specs, very high performance on new devices

I'm not saying they're necessarily the best but the idea that they're only for tech illiterate retards is quite silly. There are plenty of things to like about iPhones.
>>
>>52221478
>iOS
>secure

The memest.
>>
>>52219235
>Good battery life
only 1700mah
>>
File: Le_Trash_Man.jpg (31 KB, 352x450) Image search: [Google]
Le_Trash_Man.jpg
31 KB, 352x450
>>52221478
Yeah like those amazing software updates that improve battery life and performance on aging devices, since you know, apple updates their phones for years, whereas Android only updates for 3 years.

In other news.
>IPHONE 4S NOW UNUSABLE THANKS TO UPDATE
>IPHONE 5 BATTERY LIFE UNBEARABLE THANKS TO UPDATE

>NEXUS 5 UPDATED TO MARSHMALLOW, PERFORMS FLAWLESSLY.
>>
Easy backup through itunes, design consistency between apps, better root/jailbreak community.
>>
Aside from it just works, stuff like iMessage and FaceTime works pretty well, assuming your contacts also use an iPhone. Pretty much everyone does where I live.
>>
>>52221514
battery life is measured in units of time, not units of charge
>>
>>52221605
it would last half a day of moderate use
only just a full work day if you dont use it much
>>
>>52221499
I didn't say it was secure. I said it's way more secure than stock Android, and that is an undeniable fact e.g. http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/10/a-billion-android-phones-are-vulnerable-to-new-stagefright-bugs/

>>52221539
Software updates aren't required, pal. Obviously new software isn't going to work flawlessly/ identically between old and new hardware. The point is that old devices are supported for longer. Also the iPhone 4s is more than twice as old as a Nexus 5, so your argument is completely invalid.
>>
1. Looks
2. Easy to use
3. Apple anally controls which apps can enter the store. So better app quality.
4. Better support from other electronics (not necessarily phones) manufacturers. There is a good chance a random bluetooth or novelty accessory will have an iOS app that will work better than the Android variant.
>>
>>52221288
Lmao

Wow, you pay 800 bucks and u get cucked by Tim Cook himself.

Premium treatment. XD
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-04-15-07-57-1.png (273 KB, 1440x1095) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-04-15-07-57-1.png
273 KB, 1440x1095
>>52221677
Why the fuck is an iPhone 4s still receiving updates when it can't even handle the updated os?
It's like trying to run windows 8.1 on a Pentium 4.
Stop trying to defend apple. Nexus 5 was updated to the latest os it can run flawlessly. If you want to keep getting updates just buy a new phone.

It's just annoying when you see apple shills bring up the longer software support of iPhones when the updates usually do more harm than good.
>>
>>52223084
not him, but...
if it didn't receive updates you'd be bitching that apple is forcing iPhone 4S owners into getting new phones to get updates.

I don't entertain criticism from people that I know would criticize every alternative as well just because they'd look for something to criticize.
>>
I've used my gf's iPhone 6 and 6s extensively and the only edge I feel they have are better than decent battery life and the camera on 6s is pretty spectacular. Also both have beautiful screens. That being said iOS a shit and 6 models are too slim imo
>>
In reply to someone buying a Mac:

Step 1:
Realize that you fucked up

Step 2:
Throw that shit out of a window, or deface it thoroughly in some other way. Perhaps by bending as Apple products seem to be quite apt at bending

Step 3:
Option 1:
Continue to be a sheep and buy a fancied Facebook machine from Applel

Option 2:
Build a hackintosh and dual or tri-boot

Option 3:
Forgo the mongloid interface meant for the retarded, tumblerinas, and the social media obsessed mentally inept, and build your own computer, and install either Windows or Linux. Being that you bought a Mac in the first place, Linux is probably a few hundred staircases above your ability level, so Windows it is

Option 4:
Realize that you did nothing useful on your shiny piece of shit and buy a laptop, equally capable of shit posting on 4chan and Facebook as your old Crapintosh, and save numerous shekels

Step 4:
OP is a monumental faggot, dwarfing a faggot of all of the faggots in his monstrosity
>>
File: 1450839196397.gif (3 MB, 173x267) Image search: [Google]
1450839196397.gif
3 MB, 173x267
>>52221539
>>>NEXUS 5 UPDATED TO MARSHMALLOW, PERFORMS FLAWLESSLY.
>>
>>52223099
That's not true.
Why would I bitch about that when Android does the same?

A phone should receive support for 3 years.
Anything more is foolish.

I'd prefer 4s users get a new phone simply for their own sake. At this point a moto e would be better than the 4s.
>>
File: img.jpg (289 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
289 KB, 1024x768
>>52215073
>Why do people think iphones are so much better
Why do people smoke? pretty much the same reason, it makes you "fit" with the group, iphone started as a fashionable tech accessory and people think they're up with the times just because they own one, yet then they don't even know how to change the time and date...
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.