[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best music player for Windows, /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: Windows-XP-Installation-Music.jpg (13 KB, 300x344) Image search: [Google]
Windows-XP-Installation-Music.jpg
13 KB, 300x344
Best music player for Windows, /g/?
>>
>>52214858
MusicBee or Foobar
Now, better question: Best music player for Mac?
>>
>>52214858
Winamp
>>
Foobar2000
There's no other choice, not even MusicBee.
>>
mpv
>>
VLC
>>
>>52214858
Winamp, fuck memebar
>>
Definitely Foobar2k
>>
foobar with no ricer shit
>>
>>52214858
Mediamonkey
>>
foobar2k is the only answer.
>>
File: winamp_color_logo.png (87 KB, 1719x397) Image search: [Google]
winamp_color_logo.png
87 KB, 1719x397
The original gangster. Foobar is too bloated.
>>
Real player or iTunes.
>>
winamp
/thread
>>
iTunes if you're like me and run it from a 64gb ramdisk
>>
I use MusicBee because i like the look out of the box and it has lots of tagging funcionality. Id only go foobar if you have very little ram to work with or are planning on ricing it.
>>
I tried too much shit but I always go back to Windows Media Player 12
>>
>>52215055
>/thread

You from leddit ?
>>
>>52214889
>>52214948
>>52214998
These. If you use anything else, you're a moron.
>>
>>52215564
Winamp is shit compared to Foobar
Get your shit together
>>
>>52214858
Foobar2000 all the way. I occasionally use MediaMonkey for certain tasks.
>>
>>52215624
>>52215667
Ssshhh

Let the deluded autists use their inferior software
>>
>>52214998
>Foobar
>bloated

You really are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>52215667
This
Foobar is the best
But if you have a large library, you might want to use MediaMonkey to mass order all yours music files.
>>
>>52215343
>implying /thread comes from reddit
>>
>>52215694
>foobar is not bloated

Foobar includes;

Audio conversion software
Its own proprietary playlist format, instead of respecting standards
Its own SCRIPTING LANGUAGE just for formatting titles (http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Title_Formatting_Reference)
iTunes-esque media library nonsense, crawls through your files in the background
File formats from 2001 nobody uses or cares about (APE, TTA), further weighing it down

Winamp 5.666 lite includes: The player, with support for relevant and standard formats
>>
>>52214873
Cmus
brew install cmus
>>
foobar if you want quality and rice
MusicBee if you want something simpler and easier to customize that doesn't look like it's from 1990
>>
>>52215916
I use a computer that was built in the last 10 years so none of these things are problems for me really.
>>
>>52214858
why should I use anything else than wmp ?
>>
>>52216001
Then you might as well just run iTunes.
>>
I like foobar, it doesn't crap itself with ReplayGain tags in .opus files.
>>
>>52216085
iTunes can't encode with LAME. iTunes can't change tags based on filenames/paths. There are many reasons why I prefer foobar but these are two big ones.
>>
AIMP3
>>
f2k f2k f2k
>>
>>52215916
Okay nigger, lets clear some shit up.
I'll do the best I can, considering not everything within the program I use, so I may not know about it.

>Its own proprietary playlist format, instead of respecting standards

Correct, but it also natively reads the others as well. I use .m3u's on it all the time.

>Its own SCRIPTING LANGUAGE just for formatting titles

One of my favorite parts of Foobar. Uses a very well thought out and very thorough system. Something that no other player's system can compare to. I've used the others systems. I even check up on the others from time to time to see if they've changed. Foobar is still better than all of the others in this aspect. Nothing I would consider bloat by a far.

>iTunes-esque media library nonsense, crawls through your files in the background

The program HAS this feature, but does not do it by default. These things you are naming are like byte-sized things. Shouldn't affect performance in anyway with it being in the program and not being used.

>File formats from 2001 nobody uses or cares about (APE, TTA), further weighing it down

This one I might agree is a little overkill for a program, but again, it shouldn't affect performance in a significant way. I enjoy having built in encoders and codecs for an array of formats, personally.

Winamp has always been the definition of bloat for me. I have never used the lite version that you speak of though. Winamp was ran for a long time by AOL, the kings of fucking bloat. Last I heard, they discontinued the program and I just checked wiki to see that nothing has really changed. They never had their shit together; and neither has their shitty software.
>>
>>52216041
Because Microsoft is a bunch of cocksucking faggots that can't make anything worth a fuck. Their player is trash for SO many reasons.
>>
File: amp.png (30 KB, 276x233) Image search: [Google]
amp.png
30 KB, 276x233
>>52216384
>AOL

Lite is the true version of Winamp, almost exactly like 2.95 but with the bugfixes, Unicode, and support for recent plugins.

>Implying you need updates for what is already perfection
>>
>>52216577
Kek, look at that butt-fuckin ugly player. Pff, Winamp and it dumbass skins.
>>
>>52216379
fuck off
>>
Groove Music™ only for Windows © 10™
>>
>>52215798
>/thread'ing your own post
Fag.
>>
>>52216978
hurr, OP can't inb4! Am I right, guise!?1!
>>
cygwin + mpp + ncmpcpp
>>
>>52217118
hi leddit!
>>
File: GooglePlayMusic.png (471 KB, 1392x1040) Image search: [Google]
GooglePlayMusic.png
471 KB, 1392x1040
Google Play Music obviously. Let's face it guys, HTML5 players are the future!
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.