[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you use your mouse while programming? I want to refrain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: wearftgszhenrjz.png (2 MB, 1109x960) Image search: [Google]
wearftgszhenrjz.png
2 MB, 1109x960
How do you use your mouse while programming? I want to refrain myself from using the mouse as much as possible. Because I've heard that, with a bit of training, you can be alot faster at programming, just like Santiago Gonzalez. Is this true? Also: Is it worth it to learn 10 finger typing for programming?

Also shortcuts for IDEs and text editors.

POST EM
>>
>>52214299
it's a good bait, but you got a bit greedy.
>>
File: weer45u.jpg (44 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
weer45u.jpg
44 KB, 450x300
One of my favorite shortcuts for Visual Studio.
You can comment and uncomment text passages just by selecting them and pressing

ctrl+ K and C
for commenting

ctrl+ K and U
for uncommenting
>>
vimtutor
>>
>Is it worth it to learn 10 finger typing for programming?

OP is a very bad troll or a full retard
>>
Press CTRL + LEFT or RIGHT to move the curser between words. Press SHIFT in addition to select words.
>>
He talks like stephen hawking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBXZWB_dNsw
>>
>>52214352
OP here. this was a serious question. I just asked because 10 finger typing is perfect for text, but in programming you have to use symbols that are hard to reach on the keyboard and usually need the shift key pressed
>>
File: descarga.jpg (8 KB, 321x157) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
8 KB, 321x157
just get a think pad fgt
>>
>>52214299
My best tip is to use the code completion. I never used it because if I typed it myself I could remember it better.
>>
Yes Keyboard shortcuts are more efficient than using the mouse just unplug your mouse and look up shortcuts
I wrote this comment with the keyboard and to submit it I only pressed TAB 24 times.
>>
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa259912(v=vs.60).aspx

Everything you need to know
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.