[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody else experiencing Wifi issues with El Capitan? I get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 12
Anybody else experiencing Wifi issues with El Capitan?

I get this annoying thing where the internet connection will stop until I toggle my laptop's wifi off and back on. Then it will work for about 7-10 minutes and stop working again.

It started happening around the time I changed my ISP so I thought it was my new modem's fault, but neither my tablet or PS4 have connection issues.

Should I go back to Yosemite? Is there a third party application for it that can split two fullscreen windows like El Cap?

>PC is superior hurrrrrr muh graphics fucking macfag u cant play any gaems
Not willing to sacrifice my video editor for Windows and this is the very first time I've had a problem with OS X. Kindly fuck off.
>>
>i use mac because it just werks lol
>>
>>52206356
I mean... It used to, before El Fucking Capitan.
>>
>>52206107
>Buy a new one, you have the money,don't you? :^)
>>
File: shiggytron.png (222 KB, 353x353) Image search: [Google]
shiggytron.png
222 KB, 353x353
>$2000 facebook machine
>cant even facebook properly
>>
>>52206356
/thread
saged
>>
>>52206574
I don't like this place anymore, sometimes I think %50 of this board is made of bots.
>>
>>52206356
>>52206497
>>52206574
>>52206639
>Like what we like or we won't help you
>>
>>52206694
>im not going to provide detail and expect help
>>>/out/
>>
>>52206107
I've been getting this issue as well, happened only on El Cap 10.11.2
>>
>>52206694
You're not entitled to help in the first place. Read the sticky faggot.
>>
>>52206694
>>52206713
>>
>>52206694
You are eating shit out of your hands and you're expecting people to help you consume more?
>>
File: 4L_Gg8wNxsJ.jpg (296 KB, 800x516) Image search: [Google]
4L_Gg8wNxsJ.jpg
296 KB, 800x516
>>52206107
Switch to a direct ethernet connection.
>>
>>52206107
>not using dark mode
>>
>>52206710
How did you solve it?
>>
>>52206107
>OS X
>issues
quit lying
>>
>>52206107

PC is superior hurrrrrr muh graphics fucking macfag u cant play any gaems
>>
>>52206107
I thought os x just werks, srs.
>>
>>52206107
literally every mac user faces problems that nobody can solve no matter how hard they try.

OS X is fucking cancer
>>
>>52206107
>it just werks
>It doesn't just werk
Return to Steve Jobs.
>>
>>52206107
seeing as you haven't got any help yet, I'll chime in, even though my knowledge of osx is limited.
Tell me, OP, what WiFi card you got?
ps- lspci in terminal might help
>>
That light saber is a fucking joke
>>
>>52206107
Same problem, WiFi drops every 10 minutes or so, then I have to disconnect and reconnect
>>
>>52206107
PC is superior fucking macfag u cant play any gaems
>>
>>52206963
quality post m8
>>
>>52206840
AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x112)
>>
File: mactards.jpg (161 KB, 501x1200) Image search: [Google]
mactards.jpg
161 KB, 501x1200
>>52206107
>>
>>52207003
What do you expect me to Google search if I already tried, faggot?

>What do I do if my computer starts getting disconnected from the internet but the wifi icon says i'm still connected please help this computer is my life
>>
>>52206107
LOL those Apple faggots had the same networking issues in Yosemite. Enjoy your "high quality Apple software and hardware experience!"
>>
>>52207048
macfags are the worst. Fucking lowest tier plebs
>>
>>52207066
>We rarely ask for help unless you're dealing with a 16 year old girl that's trying to figure out how to edit with iMovie to start vlogging on youtube with her webcam
>Get mad because you know how to fix a PC, which does need a lot of maintenance but not this
>>
>>52206497
kek
>>
>>52206993
what fucking wifi card is in your fucking device goy?
I don't want more appul products, I want to know the card number.
>>
>>52206107
Just buy a new one poorfag.
>>
>>52207112
I have a boss who uses a mac

literally everyday we need to work on that stupid fucking machine because it can't do something. Everyday same fucking bullshit and small problems that are so easy to fix on Windows and Linux machines just takes that much more work on a Mac.

Makes no fucking sense and I hate supporting that piece of shit. Mac is literally the worst platform in the world.

/rant
>>
1. In System Preferences » Energy Saver » Power Adapter tab:

- uncheck "Wake for Wi-Fi network access"

2. In System Preferences » Network:

- delete Wi-Fi from the service list by clicking the minus sign

- recreate the service by clicking the plus-sign

3. In System Preferences » Network » Wi-Fi settings » Advanced » TCP/IP

- change "Configure IPv6" to "Link-local only"
>>
>>52207153
CEOs are almost universally technology illiterate because their business degrees don't cover shit about technology. Just get him a surfacebook or some shit, he's clearly just an image conscious brand whole.
>>
>>52206107
It's a hardware problem. I have this issue on bot Windows and Ubuntu as well
>>
>>52207168
yeah but, it's a mac and I can't do shit about it. Plus I'm leaving to work for another company so I don't give a fuck anymore but my point still stands

Macs are cancer
>>
>>52207139
Goddamn, I'm sorry for being an ignorant fuck. Easier fix; Should I go back to Yosemite or not? I literally have the Install USB in my hand.

>>52207153
Maybe your boss should fucking upgrade. I don't use Mac because that's what the cool guys use, I use it because I prefer Final Cut Pro and Garageband with the trackpad gestures for my work instead of Premiere and Audacity with a regular mouse. Aside from knowing this thing will last me anywhere between 6-8 years without having to buy a new one.

Read that again:
>Knowing this thing will last me anywhere between 6-8 years

MBP’s from 2008 can run current software with enough Ram.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1-CYicAI0I
This one is running Mavericks because 10.10 wasn't available yet at the time of this video, but if it runs Mavericks, you should be able to AT LEAST run Yosemite.
>>
>>52207258
You should get a real computer.
>>
>>52207258
>macshit from 2008
>El Bloatistan
>core 2 duos
>run modern software

You should just quite your current job and do stand up.
>>
>>52207258
Real computer? As in "You can build a decent gaming PC for half that price"? No. Unless we're talking about a Hackintosh, but I'd still fear the compatibility issues if I were to edit video on one of those.
>>
you literally belong here >>52206002
>>
type
sudo rm -rf /
into your terminal

that'll fix more than just your wifi problems
>>
>>52207258
going back to yosemite is like squishing an ant with a tank, way too overkill and in-accurate. It's better to find the problem and just ficks it.

I was asking about your WiFi card because mine, which is in a peecee by the way, an intel N 7260, it also keeps dropping connections and then working again after a few minutes, it's an issue with the card, and is fixed by getting proper drivers and doing as this anon said >>52207154
>>
>>52207304
all macfags do
>>
>>52207304
this desu senpai
>>
>>52206107
you got what you paid for m8
>>
>>52207289
Before this MBP I had a 2010 White Macbook.
Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 5gb Ram.

Now my father has it, he's been running Yosemite and Windows 8 on Parallels Desktop constantly for a year now and he hasn't complained about issues yet.

>>52207309
Well yeah, it might be overkill but I didn't have any problems with Yosemite before and I don't have anything to back up in this computer.
I also found that some people were experiencing the same thing but since it was a Reddit post I dared not mentioning it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/mac/comments/3o3crt/anyone_else_having_wifi_disconnection_problems_on/

>>52207329
Quality before I "upgraded" to fucking El Capitan? Yeah, I did.
>>
>>52206645
>%50
>>
>>52207341
>Quality before I "upgraded" to fucking El Capitan? Yeah, I did.
inevitable cucking by apple, it was only a matter of time
>>
>>52207354
You know you can downgrade up to the version you had by factory settings, right?
>>
>>52207258
>Final Cut Pro

Just use Windows Movie Maker if that's the limit of your needs, lmao.
>>
>>52207351
posted by ImplyerBot5220™
>>
>>52207370
I know I could be using Adobe Premiere even on Mac but I got pretty comfortable with FCP and I don't really want to re-learn everything on Premiere just so I can call myself an "expert video editor".
>>
>>52207371
>Implyer
>>
why don't you just buy an iPad Pro?
>>
>>52207407
posted by ImplyerBot5220™
>>
>>52206107
Macbook quality right there folks
>>
>>52207423
Because I don't need a tablet with a $99 pencil that I can't place my hand on while drawing. I already got an Intuos for that.

I know you're just messing around, but fuck iOS.
>>
>>52207452
maybe your WiFi will work, who knows? It's always a gamble with Apple tech
>>
works on my machine :)
>>
File: AY8WUN4.jpg (130 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
AY8WUN4.jpg
130 KB, 720x576
>>52207461
I wonder what /g/'s REAL opinions on OSX are. (Not Apple in general) Pricing aside. Being assholes aside.

For me I just like it over Windows because of the trackpad gestures and exclusive programs that I've been using for years, and all the constant fixes on windows that made me do the change. I’ve never used Linux but I’d be willing to run it on a side machine to learn how to use it.

But even after saying that, I fucking hate iOS with a passion. Planned obsolescence IS a thing on iPhones, my 4S’s wifi card got fried when I installed the iOS 9 beta. Now it doesn’t work even after downgrading to iOS 8 and “upgrading” to the actual finished iOS 9. Fuck. That.
And I’m only using this shit because my Galaxy Note 3 got stolen a year ago. I’m currently saving for a Note 4 because Note 5 is also shit. No SD card and non removable battery, just two more things made popular by fucking shitty iPhones.
>>
>>52207258
You act like that's a big deal. I've got laptops from 2005 running Windows 10, botnet and all. Good luck finding a Mac from then that can run El Crapitan.

Macs are shit. They always end up with some sort of dumbass problem when a new update comes along. At least Microshaft has an excuse, seeing as how Windows has to support a billion fucking machines. Apple only has their own shit to cover. What the fuck is their excuse!?!?
>>
>>52207727
For this one? I can't think of any. I'm not willing to defend El Capitan. For previous versions I really can't say anything negative even if I wanted to. They did everything I needed.

Though I'm curious, did you upgrade those computers in any way other than the Ram? I'd be impressed if you can run Win10 on a 2005 stock laptop. How do they perform?
>>
>brothers fagbook
>turns it on one day and it forces him to reinstall from scratch

>my fagbook
>takes 5 mins to shutdown since installing el capitan
>median temps gone up 5-10 degrees

No wifi issues though la
>>
>>52207775
Mine takes about 30 seconds to shut down.
However the boot time remained the same as Yosemite, about 11 seconds.

With the downside that now I have that fucking wifi error.
>>
>>52207537
I honestly can't stand OS X, even more than ios. I used Yosemite, so my experience is a bit outdated as of today, but fuck. Window management is terrible, mission control (iirc) is a pain in the ass, and for some reason, my machine kept running slow. It was brand new, so it made no sense. I like the trackpad, after I managed to reverse the stupid scrolling (swipe up = page down is retarded), but it wasn't enough to keep a $1300 laptop. I took it back and got a full refund (that part, I liked, as I've been shafted by Apple before when they refused a fix for my iPod on a widely known build issue). Even with a student discount it wasn't worth it.

I'm back on Windows now, and I'll take a botnet up the ass before I go back to OS X
>>
>making an entire os for limited hardware and can't properly support it.
Fuckin apple what a great rich fucker company
>>
>>52207774
Not bad. I got 2gb of RAM in both, and they run fine. Things like chrome, edge, Spotify, allrun well. I'm giving them away though, after I wipe them and reinstall Windows. I just bought me a cheap little laptop (which, coincidentally also has 2gb of RAM) because those laptops didn't work unless plugged in (original batteries)

So no, not atock, but a minor upgrade was all.
>>
>>52207851
Having said this, I have a old HP desktop on the way which currently runs vista. I'll see how Windows 10 runs on that. It's got a graphics card so drivers might be an issue. It'll be fun.
>>
>>52207811
>I used Yosemite, so my experience is a bit outdated as of today
Basically same thing as El Cap. I just installed it because I always like to have everything up to date, but this time it backfired with the wifi thing.

>Window management is terrible
Eh, I just use a thing called "SizeUp" to center my windows, I use multiple desktops instead of having multiple windows in one screen. (Swiping the desktops is one of the reasons why I prefer my trackpad over a mouse)

>Mission control is a pain in the ass
What did you not like about it? I find it very useful, I just don't like that you have to delete all your desktops and create new ones to change the wallpaper on all of them.

>My machine kept running slow
>Brand new
That one I don't have an explanation for.

>>52207851
Can you provide video of them or something similar? I hate windows for work but I like fucking around with old machines and new operating systems.
>>
>>52207048
>>52207048
took 10 seconds

http://osxdaily.com/2015/10/16/fix-wi-fi-problems-mac-os-x-el-capitan/
>>
>>52207048
>>52207920
Oh, and because I'm not a retard this is what I googled

"wifi says connected but no internet el capitan"
>>
>>52207537
It has and okay UI, but it's severely hampered by a filesystem that needs to be taken out back and shot, by being a terrible memory hog, and poor graphics and networking drivers. WiFi in particular has been weirdly poor for years, with problems that seem to just affect a minority of systems. Plus, with each release they keep dumbing it down more and more, removing options from the preference panes.

>>52207452
I tried an iPad Pro recently and the performance of the pencil was good, and palm rejection worked well, if that's what you're talking about.
>>
>>52207971
What did they remove from the preferences?
>>
>>52207885
I might have just gotten a lemon. Either way, I'm glad to have my hands washed of it. Hope you find a fix soon, though it looks like downgrading might be the only option you got.
>>
>>52207991
Yeah, I don't mind though. I would miss the split screen apps if Photoshop was able to go full screen. Thankfully reinstalling OS X takes like 20 minutes because of the PCIe SSD.
>>
>take random classes
>teacher mentions that we would have to install a program
>hot blonde hispanic girl opens her mouth
>"I don't know how to install a program"
>Teacher asks "what do you have"
>She says "the mac"
>You mean spics can act middle class now holy shit
>>
>>52207885
Can't. It's almost 4:00 in the morning and they're stuffed under the TV.

>inb4 some retard says "hurr durr he lives with his parents"

Fuck off, I'm not paying for both school and rent. I'd rather just stay where I'm at.

I'll post in the morning if the thread is still up.

I can answer some questions though. I also like taking old machines and trying to get them to run well. I especially like the looks on the faces of the people that them to me for free, as they usually buy a new PC, only to find out that the old one was plenty good.

I'm planning on rewiring (for better air flow) and cleaning out the inside/fans/filters of the HP I'll be getting (for free of course), then adding in a ssd. I'll see how it goes.
>>
>>52207981
A bunch of stuff, but the one that made me laugh was Energy Saver, which used to have separate sliders for display sleep and system sleep. In El Cap they changed it and removed the system sleep slider.
>>
>>52206694
To be fair, it's not that we *won't* so much as *can't*. Use what we use, or how are we supposed to help you?
>>
>>52208043
>You mean spics can act middle class now holy shit
OP Here. I'm Mexican, can confirm they can't act middle class, they're all ignorant and unconsciously annoying. Fucking hate this country and its people.

>>52208046
Do you have a Youtube channel or something? I've seen some pretty interesting channels that are all about fucking around with machines.

For example Druaga1, dude's pretty funny also.

>>52208066
I just miss the three finger drag that's missing in El Cap.
>>
>>52208046
>>52208107
Forgot to add link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKkKGlMLkow
>>
>>52208107
Nah she was argentinian I think. Or uruguayan, they sound pretty similar. Mexicans can't act, period.
>>
File: gasps_in_spanish.jpg (29 KB, 600x457) Image search: [Google]
gasps_in_spanish.jpg
29 KB, 600x457
>>52208142
>Mexicans can't act, period
>Images of Mexican soap operas come to mind

I think I might have experienced PTSD for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2M7-ObfI0c
>Enjoy shitty english in annotations as subtitles
>>
File: 1451797055579.jpg (26 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1451797055579.jpg
26 KB, 600x450
>>52208043
>"the mac"
>>
>>52208107
>>52208137
Thanks for the link, but I don't have a channel of my own. I just do it for the fun of it, nothing I think is worthy of putting on YouTube (nor do I want to, in the case that someone I know might see it and I become the butt end of a joke).

Fucking around with shit is one of the reasons I actually like LinusShitTips. The scrapyard wars and the like are always great fun. Have you seen the crap they built for Christmas? Shit was gold.
>>
>>52208195
Yeah, it was "the mac", mind you. Not "a mac". She also wanted someone to install shit in there for her because she didn't know which one it was apparently.
>>
>>52208257
I don't really watch Linus but I saw one video of scrapyard wars with Austin Evans, and everyone was giving him shit. I don't understand why, I think he's a cool guy.

>Hey Austin, it's guys
>>
>>52206107
>shitfari
>chrome
at least you have firefox insalled
>facebook
>whatever the stock messaging thing is called
>final cut
>garage band
>adobe shitware
wew
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCdKZoYpmDM
>>
>>52206792
Just get a Ethernet adapter then.
>>
>>52208265
Women and technology don't combine well. That's why I try to keep my distance from them at all times.
They say for every man in the world there are four women. I'm taking one for the team so four of you faggots won't die virgins.

>>52208283
>Safari is smooth on OS X
>Use Chrome as a second browser for secondary accounts on stuff
>Firefox is just a backup browser, should I ever need it
>I don't know why I have Facebook Messenger still installed, nobody talks to me
>I only use iMessage to talk to my dad occasionally, sad isn't it?
>Final Cut, main video editor
>GarageBand, too lazy to download Logic Pro
>Since when is Adobe shit? Any better alternatives, faggot?
>>
>>52206107
>actually using OS X El Capitan
Yes, you should definitely go back to Yosemite

Also, what's up with that XBOX HUEG dock? You blind or something?
>>
File: read the sticky.png (234 KB, 898x430) Image search: [Google]
read the sticky.png
234 KB, 898x430
>>52206107
>>
>>52208341
>unironically using lagsemite
>>
>>52208341
>2009 Macbook
>2.26GHz Core 2 Duo
>Yosemite

HA HA! TOLD YOU FAGGOTS IT WAS POSSIBLE.

Also, I don't like small docks.
>>
>>52208373
*typo

Meant dicks.
>>
>>52206356
>>52206497
>>52206574
>>52206639
>>52206831
>>52207061
>>52207066
>>52207153

Half of you are liars, the other half are retards.

OS X is a Unix based system, where you're allowed to do basically what you want, as opposed to Windows where all customization options and such are limited to what reg files can be edited.

I'm not OP, I'm not going to help OP because we're not his personal tech support, but I've never had a problem with my old MacBook Pro, that I use alongside my new Asus notebook I just bought.

You faggots are complete computer illiterates if you just mindlessly hate everything that is OSX and Apple, and that's why all of you will be NEETs, or work low-pay shit jobs rest of your lives.
>>
>>52207354

>I wasn't able to upgrade because my /var/ repository was full after I downloaded 0ad

You fucking moron.
>>
>>52208385
Thought of that just as it was posted. Not my smartest move.
>>
>>52208353
My MacBook is 7 years old, and it doesn't lag at all whatsoever.
>>52208373
What's possible? All models with an Intel Core 2 Duo or newer processor can upgrade to Yosemite. So basically everything that is 2009 and beyond, I think
>>
>>52208421
I know, but faggots below didn't believe me. You just provided proof.
>>
>>52208421
ive had macbooks ranging from 4 years old to brand new that lag in yo semite
>>
>>52208390
2 poos have been deposited in your designated shit eating hands sukhdeep.
>>
>>52208449
Because, evidently, you're a complete tech illiterate.
>>
>>52208539
What are you even saying?

>NEET kid is mad that he can't figure out how to use computers properly and is projecting his answer on me and everyone that doesn't own some RAZER GAYMEN /v/-tier desktop rig
>>
>>52208546
He already confirmed that in the first three words.
>>
File: stallman.jpg (36 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
stallman.jpg
36 KB, 700x394
>>52206107
Well just submit it to the bug tracker for your driver software and if you're any good with code you can help the community fix the probl--
>proprietary software
>>
File: shrug.jpg (43 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
43 KB, 554x439
I'm still on Lion. Everything works just fine, the same way it did when I bought it in 2011.
>>
>>52209043
>When I bought it in 2011

This is why I always used TPB. I knew they would eventually make OS X free.
>>
>>52209094
Bought the computer I mean.
>>
>>52208390

>Half of you are liars, the other half are retards.

100% are total jerks who have no idea what POSIX means, or what a driver is because nVidia always installed these for them.

They probably all run Windows and play League of Legends, and probably use /g/ as an attempt of catharsis (because all OTHER degenerate human beings are on /g/, so they won't be lonely shits here).

Some of them may be competent enough to install Gentoo Linux, for the record, although I seriously doubt that would be true. It doesn't change the fact they're total jerks.
>>
>>52206107
Reset your smc. If that doesn't work then try reinstalling. If it is still in warranty send it to apple. If not check the wireless card is seated properly and replace if appropriate.
>>
>>52206107

Exactly the same things happen to me. Can only assume it's just OSX.
>>
>>52209705
>>52209705
>If it is still in warranty send it to apple
Why would I send it to Apple when I can just reinstall it by myself?
Thanks for helping but I just needed to know if some other people were experiencing the same.

>>52209716
We'll have to go back to Yosemite.
>>
>>52209705
Oh and another one. I had similar issue on my Mac mini. Bluetooth was cutting out. I found creating a new network profile.
>>
>>52209736
No, that was the process. If reinstalling doesn't fix and it is in warranty then send it off.
>>
>>52211223
yeah wow, even if that's true that wouldn't be a surprise. the guy is old.
>>
>>52211223
It's called a draft. Come back by 2017 if you want to scare people, faggot.
>>
>>52206462
Before Yosemite
>>
>>52206107
I had this problem only when using skype and it wasn't the latest el capitan version
>>
Works on my machine.
>>
>>52208302
>only $59.99 plus tax
>>
>>52206107
Zero issues. It's your new modem
>>
>>52206107
>using baby's first wanna be sith as desktop background
>>
>>52207258
Reaper works on windows
never used final cut pro
>>
>>52206107
>Anybody else experiencing Wifi issues with El Capitan?
Well, I'm not.
>>
werks4me
rMBP 2012 here
>>
>>52207305
This. Fixed my wifi problems on my late 2013 mbp retina.
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.