[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Upgrading phones tomorrow. Am able to select phones for my wife
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: 17.jpg (42 KB, 460x615) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
42 KB, 460x615
Upgrading phones tomorrow. Am able to select phones for my wife and I out of the following, and I am having trouble choosing. It has been left up to me. She is a casual user, who uses facebook and native browsers for pinterest. I work long hours, and appreciate video playback/streaming, a few games, music, wearables, and trying out new apps. I also like to integrate wearables for fitness and convenience.

We both prefer not to use iPhones.

The contenders:
-Samsung Galaxy S5 (S5 neo and S4 included; ignored for obvious hardware reasons)
-LG G4 (and G3. As above)
-Nexus 5X
-Motorola Moto G (3rd Gen) and Moto X Play
-HTC Desire 626s
-ZTE Grand x2
-Sony Xperia M4 aqua and Z3

After this it devolves into flip phones, manufacturers I've never heard of, and shitty "junior" versions of flagships.

There are other options, but they are cost-prohibitive or not completely free. I am willing to pay a bit for MY phone, but my wife's use doesn't make sense to shell out for a Note 4, S6 Edge, etc.

I will possibly root, and CERTAINLY remove as much bloatware as I can. Would e neat to get two exact same phones and see how much more sluggish wife's is after six hours or six months of use.
>>
>not fixing up your wife's phone so she can use it better

I hope she leaves you desu
>>
File: 03.jpg (43 KB, 460x589) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
43 KB, 460x589
>>52205196

I offered to root hers, or at least get rid of touchwiz. She's currently got a Galaxy S4, but doesn't want me to do anything that might "screw up her pictures". I've literally already backed up every file, photo, and inane pinterest pin she has to OneDrive, Google Drive, and two separate physical drives. She said she's fine sticking with hers, but wouldn't mind a new one.

Women.
>>
>>52204762
or you know...get iphones.
>>
File: 22.jpg (57 KB, 460x566) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
57 KB, 460x566
>>52205278

I must be posting while the active timezone has all the apple shills.
>>
File: 4L_hafPwVSb.jpg (48 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
4L_hafPwVSb.jpg
48 KB, 800x534
>>52204762
>letting your wife have a smartphone

You're gonna get cucked op, I hope you made her sign a prenup.
>>
File: 27.jpg (49 KB, 460x597) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
49 KB, 460x597
>>52206089

Wasn't aware I'd posted my tech-related question on /b/
>>
>>52204762

LG G4.
>>
>>52204762
If she's fine with what she has why waste the money? Consumer whore.
>>
>>52206681

"Show me on this globe where you wanna fuck me"
>points to the US
"Oh so, in the asshole? Teehee"
>>
Go with the LG G4 is the best bang for the buck atm
>>
>>52206681
Lots of things you're not aware of, whitey
>>
>>52209263

The handsets are free, and mine is in need of an upgrade. Call me a consumer whore, but I'm also switching to a BETTER plan that will save me $450 per year.
>>
Nexus or nothing. Fuck bloat, slow updates, etc.
>>
>>52204762
you can get open box s5s on ebay for cheap.
>>
>>52205797
kek
>>
File: 1404205741938.gif (1003 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1404205741938.gif
1003 KB, 220x220
>>52205269
Sounds like you should consider updating your bitch instead, m8.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.