[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ hates Steve Jobs. What about Bill Gates?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 15
/g/ hates Steve Jobs.

What about Bill Gates?
>>
I will never like anyone who owns M$.

I hate M$ with a pa$$ion, fuck hi$ parent$, hi$ family, and hi$ dog.
>>
I don't know about Gates, but I've been around since the Apple II / IBM PS/2 days and I fucking hate Microsoft.
>>
>>52202968
http://youtu.be/iK6SS8CXYZo
>>
File: 4L_YMp6mnUn.gif (2 MB, 350x258) Image search: [Google]
4L_YMp6mnUn.gif
2 MB, 350x258
He seems like a genuinely fun guy who took advantage of a situation and profited greatly.
I don't have anything against him and would be quite interested in meeting him to be honest.
>>
File: 1261389731589.gif (554 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1261389731589.gif
554 KB, 320x240
>>52203380
>>
I'm always on the paranoid side, so I tend to question whether people get to their positions thanks to actual skill and quality of product versus connections.

If he's legit in that sense, then I must say well done.

Zuckburg is the one I'm really suspicious about, FB was such a pile of shit that suddenly rose to prominence out of nowhere.
>>
>>52203676
Lol, you should be. Read some history. They bought DOS and stole windows. I'm sure Gates is a brilliant man, but not in the way you think.
>>
>>52203676
To be fair, no billionaire (or especially affluent millionaire) has achieved their wealth by being completely fair and honest. They are genius cheaters, thieves, and/or manipulators with a bit of luck on their side.
>>
>>52203414

so much cocaine compressed into one gif. I hope someday I can be that happy
>>
Billy is in the middle of says Jobs and Wozniak. You can't hate him and you can't like him. He's the neutral ground of a ruthless business man and a nerdy genius.
>>
He is pro GMO and turns poop into water.

So I like him.
>>
>>52202968
He is a ruthless and fantastic businessman
>>
>>52204154
Bill Gates was responsible when Microsoft committed antitrust crimes for which the DOJ prosecuted. The only way you could call him neutral between Jobs and Wozniak in the contexts of their tech contributions is by ignoring all that.

Steve Jobs was a dick. Go meet any major corporation's executives and tell me you've met a decent human being and I'll show you a competent actor.

Bill Gates committed serious crimes dramatically, maybe irreparably, harming the competitiveness of the tech/software market.
>>
>>52204469
>Bill Gates was responsible when Microsoft committed antitrust crimes for which the DOJ prosecuted.

Which was reversed.

>Bill Gates committed serious crimes dramatically, maybe irreparably, harming the competitiveness of the tech/software market.

That's why MS is struggling right now?
>>
>>52204496
Microsoft ultimately settled, as all companies do.

And MS is struggling predominantly against Apple. A duopoly hardly constitutes a thriving competitive industry.
>>
I admire his wealth and the amount of work and luck it took him to get to it. Ironically enough I despise the source of that wealth.
>>
>>52204552
>Ironically enough
how is it ironic? could it have been any more or less ironic to change that "enough"?
>>
>>52202968
fuck this man
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Letter_to_Hobbyists

He created a fucking monster that is running on every desktop computers.
>>
I've met him, seems like a nice guy but could be an asshole behind closed doors.
>>
everyone in this thread is a nigger. i hope you all get AIDS. you aren't worth my time
>>
>>52202968
Unlike Jobs, he actually knows about tech, so i hate him a lot less than the macfag. Plus he donates a lot of money towards good of the world unlike apple, so i cant really hate him
>>
>>52202968
He used to be a hardass, but he's a p cool guy now.
>>
File: 2014-08-15_14_18_07.0.gif (2 MB, 393x360) Image search: [Google]
2014-08-15_14_18_07.0.gif
2 MB, 393x360
Guess which Cuck didn't take the challenge?
>>
>>52204784
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Letter_to_Hobbyists

oy vey
>>
>>52205071
Only poorfags would think this letter is bad. When you put time and effort into something you have no intention of making free and its stolen you have a right to be frustrated.

I steal music and movies so im not calling poorfags out for the act of doing it... but dont hate on the guy for asking that he be payed for hard work.
>>
Based as fuck.
>>
>>52206030
Piece of shit.
>FTFY
>>
File: bill.gif (4 MB, 243x162) Image search: [Google]
bill.gif
4 MB, 243x162
>you will never party hard with biiru-kun
>>
I used to hate him. He was the archetypal evil businessman who got filthy rich through trickery and manipulation without ever making anything of value.

He seems cooler now. Now he is trying to do good, which is vastly better than the sleazy scumbag he was in the past. I respect him a lot more than I used to.

I don't think he's super generous like some people do. After all, he is still living a life of absolute luxury. I don't think he's giving away as much as he should. I also find it strange to praise him for giving away money he didn't earn.

He's just a pretty cool guy, not a saint like some people think he is and not a scumbag like he used to be. He's a decent dude with skeletons in the closet and deep pockets.
>>
>>52206055
Edgy.
>>
>>52206179
>giving away everything except a few million left to his kids so they can pursue their dreams
>convinced a bunch of other billionaires to give away their entire fortures as well

>I don't think he's giving away as much as he should.

Ok.
>>
>>52206210
>giving away everything except a few million left to his kids so they can pursue their dreams
He's living in a damn mansion. He is living a life of absolute luxury. "A few million left to his kids" is more than I'll see in my lifetime.

If he sold his house, he could save thousands of lives with the proceeds. He values his own luxuries over thousands of human lives. So no, I don't think he's doing enough.

But that doesn't make him a terrible person. I would say practically everyone should give more to charity. He should do better, but he is doing far better than most. As I said before, he's a pretty cool guy. He just isn't a saint.
>>
File: 1383540009501.gif (604 KB, 246x298) Image search: [Google]
1383540009501.gif
604 KB, 246x298
>>52202968
He actually knows technology. He's a geek. He actually wrote complete and functional computer programs and solutions.

Steve Jobs was just a marketing tard.

Hence, Bill Gates is allright in my book.
>>
>>52206283
He is a multi billionaire, leaving a few million dollars behind might be a lot to you, but to him its pennies.
The fact that he's giving away so much of his wealth isn't enough? You want him to live in a cardboard box in some alley?

Fuck you.

He's not a saint but he's 100 times the man you'll ever be.
>>
>>52206323
Even if he lived in a cardboard box, he still didn't give away enough. All of the money he made was absolutely dirty.
>>
>>52202968
>>52203676
>>52203805
>>52206311
Bill Gates movie when? His life is far more interesting than Steve Jobs like how he tampered with his highschool computer network where he changed the class arrangements to make him the only male in a classroom full of girls for the next year.

>Of course, a whole new dimension of relevance came when I was asked to do a computerized class schedule for the high school.

>It was complex, but ultimately very rewarding.

>By the time I was done, I found that I had no classes at all on Fridays. And even better, there was a disproportionate number of interesting girls in all my classes.

Source: http://www.gatesfoundation.org/media-center/speeches/2005/09/bill-gates-lakeside-school

Also, if you read the autobiography of that former Japanese partner of Bill Gates in Microsoft's early days, Bill Gates was a wild man in Japan.

People think Bill Gates was a nerd but compared to Steve Jobs, Gates was like an alpha sports jock.
>>
>>52206283
>I would say practically everyone should give more to charity.
99% of charities that take monetary donations are fucking evil.
>>
>>52206365
They're not evil, they're ran by people.
>>
>>52203676
That's because jews like him work together to make more money for the zog machine.
>>
>>52206323
>to him its pennies.
That few million dollars looks like nothing TO HIM, but it could save thousands of lives. He is valuing his children more than THOUSANDS of other people.
>>
File: 1254506611724.jpg (14 KB, 292x356) Image search: [Google]
1254506611724.jpg
14 KB, 292x356
>>52206414
>He is valuing his children more than THOUSANDS of other people.

Maybe because he's not a cuck and cares more for them than you care for your wife's son.
>>
>>52206439
kek
>>
>>52202968
He seems like he would be fun to hang out with.
>>
>>52206349
I don't think that's productive. Right now he is giving away his money, which is more than mant people would do. He was a scumbag in the past, but now he is doing legitimately good things.

>>52206365
Edgy! Tell me, what is wrong with the Against Malaria Foundation? That is the most reputable and effective charity I know of. Can you find a single thing about it that is "fucking evil?"

Donating to a shitty charity is no good at all. Which is why people should do research and make sure their money does as much good as possible.
>>
>all these cucks actually defending Bill Gates
/g/ has really reached a new low, fucking hell.
>>
>>52206414
He's donating billions.
If a few million can save so many lives why don't you mention how many lives those billions will save?
How much have you contributed to the world?
>>
>>52206461
this desu senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8coHwAm-LyI
>>
>>52206439
>Maybe because he's not a cuck and cares more for them than you care for your wife's son.
It's not a matter of feelings. It's a matter of actions. Loving your children is no excuse to behave immorally.

He absolutely should care about his children, but that caring should not result in him letting thousands of people die.
>>
>>52206470
he's probably just a cynical faggot and like all cynical faggots he's an ignorant retarded jackass.
>>
>>52206514
See >>52206482

He's still donating billions. How many is he saving already?

Would you rather he just sit on his money and pass it all on to his children and squander it?

I would never do a favour for someone like you .
>give them an inch and they'll take a mile
>>
>>52206503
>you will never have a play day with bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAJGT-gQnVA
>>
>>52206514
How do you know that the actions of his children with that millions of dollars investment won't result in a longer-term greater good?
This is what gates is banking on; the logic that his DNA has resulted in his current philanthropy, and so the similar DNA in his children has a high probability of similar greater good.
>>
>>52206556
>>52206576
>replying seriously at this point
>>
>>52203004
are you a grandpa/grandma?
>>
>>52206482
>If a few million can save so many lives why don't you mention how many lives those billions will save?
I did. I said he's done a lot of good for the world and is better than most people.

But giving away billions does not make it moral to keep millions. Doing good things now does not make it fine to do bad things later. The specific act of living in a mansion and giving his kids millions of wrong, no matter what else he's done.

I'm not saying he's evil. I said this before: he's a decent man, but not a saint.

>How much have you contributed to the world?
Irrelevant. Having deep pockets does not make you a good person, especially when that money was obtained through highly questionable means.

I give as much as I can. Bill Gates gives less than he can. He accomplishes more than I do because he has more resources, NOT because he is a saint.
>>
>>52206556
>How many is he saving already?
Not as many as he could.
>>
>>52206576
>This is what gates is banking on; the logic that his DNA has resulted in his current philanthropy, and so the similar DNA in his children has a high probability of similar greater good.
If that was actually what he was thinking and there was no rationalization involved, that is perfectly moral.

I don't think it makes that much sense, though. Wouldn't searching for a candidate with interviews and references and so on be a better way of finding the best person to receive the money?
>>
>>52206556
>Would you rather he just sit on his money and pass it all on to his children and squander it?
No. Which is why I said he's a decent person. I think those billionaires who sit on their money and don't give a penny to others are the scum of the Earth. He has given a lot more than most rich people do, and I respect him for that.

As I've said repeatedly, he's a decent man but not a saint. A saint would give ALL the money away. A scumbag would "just sit on his money and pass it all on to his children and squander it." A decent man would give a lot to his kids, keep a lot for himself, and give most to charity.
>>
>>52206627
Bill gates cares enough to give away most his fortune and save countless lives.
He also loves his family enough to leave them well off.

By all means, if you want to donate everything you own and go live on the street then feel free to.
>>
>>52206702
>If that was actually what he was thinking
It is. Think about how selection works- if people thought that their DNA was worse than other people's- then they would not have reproduced at all. Merely by reproducing he is showing, if by biological programming and not by rational thought, that his offspring are better than other people's offspring because they are more like himself.
Reproduction itself is an implicit assumption that your offspring are better than other people's.
And as for the limit argument- if a million put into his offspring is good, then surely a billion would do even greater good?
Well there's diminishing returns when it comes to a future investment like that.

If bill gates really cared about morality he would reduce the population. Reducing the population reduces suffering far more than helping people.
Morality isn't black and white, and it doesn't even exist.
>>
>>52206749
>He also loves his family enough to leave them well off.
I have no problem with him loving his family. But I DO have a problem with him behaving immorally as a result of that love. His love for his family does not justify letting hundreds of people die.

>By all means, if you want to donate everything you own and go live on the street then feel free to.
That would be counterproductive. Living on the street would make me unhealthy and unproductive. I would make less money to give to charity in the long run. That would not be an effective way to help others.

I don't have many luxuries, though. I live on $20,000 a year, which is under a quarter of my income.
>>
>>52206810
>if people thought that their DNA was worse than other people's- then they would not have reproduced at all
Oh bullshit, you fucking retard. People reproduce because they like sex.

>And as for the limit argument- if a million put into his offspring is good, then surely a billion would do even greater good?
Yup! But that billion dollars comes at the expense of other things. The opportunity cost is high. That billion dollars could be better spent elsewhere.
>>
>>52206810
>If bill gates really cared about morality he would reduce the population. Reducing the population reduces suffering far more than helping people.
>Morality isn't black and white, and it doesn't even exist.
Psssh… Nothin Personnel… Kid…
>>
File: steve-jobs.jpg (96 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
steve-jobs.jpg
96 KB, 960x720
>>52202968
but we love Steve
>>
>>52206877
>People reproduce because they like sex.
There's more to human reproduction than pumping and dumping.
Raising offspring to self-viability is part of reproduction.
You can shit out all the babies you want but if you just leave them to fend for themselves you have not reproduced.
>>
>>52206900
Well I meant that quantifiable morality doesn't exist.
>>
File: asf.jpg (31 KB, 400x294) Image search: [Google]
asf.jpg
31 KB, 400x294
He's extremely intelligent and hardworking. He uses all of the money he has made for good. There is nothing to dislike about him.
>>
>>52206960
Except that he used evil to get his money in the first place.
There are way too many kids who don't remember the 90s.
>>
>>52202991
so you hate him because he makes money off of retards?
>>
>>52206936
>There's more to human reproduction than pumping and dumping.
The only definition of "reproduction" I've ever heard is having offspring. Whether you raise them properly or just chuck them in an orphanage does not matter.

And even if you redefine the whole English language, reproduction is still not about a sense of superiority. People enjoy sex. People like children. People usually love their own children. They have children because they want children and love their partner, NOT because they think they are superior to other people. Having children is not some quest to spread your superior seed, no matter how it looks to your twisted little autistic brain.
>>
>>52202968

Gates was a decent programmer and a brilliant businessman who did some really fucked up, evil things with his corporation.

One of the things I remember reading about him was that he said, "I want to make everyone working for Microsoft a millionaire". That's not perfect, but it's a DAMN SIGHT better than any shit you'll hear out of some modern SV VC "angel" asshole.

Oh, and he's also responsible for software engineers being classified as "professionals" and thus exempted from Federal overtime regulations. We still have zero respect, but we don't get overtime either. Lose-lose.
>>
File: it's ebin.png (177 KB, 333x476) Image search: [Google]
it's ebin.png
177 KB, 333x476
>>52202991
ebin
>>
>>52206951
Yeah, yeah. You said that the moral option would be to "reduce the population," but you aren't an edgemeister at all.

>>52207030
There's more to it than that. The whole industry paid the price for MS getting a monopoly.
>>
>>52202968
a rarity, not many ppl who able to (in his early days) produce and market his creation on his own. today such multitude of tasks were divided by engineer (make the product) and manager (manage and market it).

He is also the worlds most generous philanthropist.
>>
File: 1450002522144.jpg (183 KB, 742x828) Image search: [Google]
1450002522144.jpg
183 KB, 742x828
>>52207081
If the current state of linux desktop is any indication we dodged a bullet.
>>
>>52207097
>a rarity
Stopped reading there.
>>>/mlp/
>>
>>52207097
>a rarity, not many ppl who able to (in his early days) produce and market his creation on his own. today such multitude of tasks were divided by

Software of today is *vastly* more complex than what Gates started out in.

He built his empire on selling BASIC implementations on several platforms. Mostly by implementing one, then realizing it was pretty easy to translate to new platforms.
>>
Two different people

Steve jobs was filthy rich but never helped anyone in his whole life, he never gave to charity and rarely was kind to anyone (it has never been documented that he was kind, I only write rarely because I expect he was kind to someone at some point). Bill Gates is filthy rich and tries to help as many people as he can.
>>
>>52207081
>The whole industry paid the price for MS getting a monopoly.

I seem to recall reading a couple of years ago that there were more jobs in the IT sector (including software engineering) in 1999 than in 2007.

It seems that everyone was better off under the Microsoft monopoly, to be honest...
>>
>>52207107
>one word, triggers him to associate something
no, you are the pony fucker, fuck off to >>>/mlp/
>>
>>52206514
>invest millions into your childen who could probably continue making money, giving to charity and helping out
>give it all away so boo bong click click can eat 30 mores times before he dies trying to get another wife
>>
>>>/gif/7906805

Pretty much this.
>>
>>52207115
>Software of today is *vastly* more complex
true, but there are lots of example of engineer back then who relies on hired marketing and manager, such as that atari guy who ended up chuck e cheese
>>
>>52206283
>He's rich and is living a life of luxury, and I want him to give most of his money and assets away so he'll be living like me
wew lad.
>>
>>>/gif/7906805
>no option to click never

Thank god for forced updates. Normie retards don't deserve to have control.
>>
File: 1443194175658.jpg (379 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
1443194175658.jpg
379 KB, 1111x597
>>52207187
>>
not using windows for the last 12 or so years has given me reverence for ole' bill
>>
>>52206627
>I give all I can
Sure, that's why you have an internet connection and a device capable of posting on this Chinese cartoon image board about the lack of morality from a man who's helped a society a million times more than you or I ever will. There comes a point when a person realizes they picked the dumb opinionated side of an argument and can't hold on any longer. It's about time you realize that you've reached that point.
>>
>>52202968
If you were on the net in the 90's you would know how evil he was/is
>>
>>52207103
this desu senpai
>>
>>52206323
>He's not a saint but he's 100 times the man you'll ever be.
/thread
>>
>>52206283
Fucking commie, go back to yuropoor.

We respect successful people and their well earned achievements here. Much more if they're giving away 99.9999999% of it
>>
>>52207507
He's a much nicer guy now.
I'm sure after wwii if hitler survived he would have matured into someone less aggressive
>>
He's a good goy
>>
>>52202968

Bill Gates is an amazing inspiration. He's a total genius in all things, and an amazingly decent person.
>>
>>52208592

Hitler is the most misrepresented person in all of human history.
>>
File: adolfgates.jpg (126 KB, 800x899) Image search: [Google]
adolfgates.jpg
126 KB, 800x899
>>52202968
>What about Bill Gates?
>>
his life and riches aside, he would feel right at home at /g
>>
>>52208735
>bill gates will never call you a neckbeard
>>
>>52208735
He still drives a Ford Focus to work every day, and goes to court himself to fight speeding tickets, despite keeping 3 Porches parked in house almost all year round.
>>
>>52205618
Anything digital has no per-unit value, wanting people not to copy digital content is naive and unrealistic.
>>
>>52208838
ebin
>>
>>52206739
You are a commie mate, go back to 1930's Soviet
>>
>>52208849
Think about it.
Copying is as much inherent to the digital world as moving objects is to the physical world.
>>
He can jump over a chair
>>
I like how people demonize bill for 30 year old shit. He seized good opportunity and even if he didn't - he still would've gotten to where he did because the man was easily the smartest person in silicon valley (maybe even still today).
>>
File: 1448488200817.jpg (66 KB, 516x619) Image search: [Google]
1448488200817.jpg
66 KB, 516x619
i thought they are the same guys?!
>>
>>52208909
Stallman was smarter than Bill Gates, and Stallman has advanced the technology industry greatly instead of holding it back to get rich.
>>
>>52202968
He's the prime freetard slayer.
>>
>>52208921
>Stallman
>Advancing shit
>Richard "Freetardmachine" Stallman
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>52208921
How did Bill Gates hold it back?
>>
>>52208909
What does it matter when a bad deed was done? 30 years, one day ago, it doesn't really matter. Although I'm still not quite sure why he's "bad" since /g/ doesn't actually back it up with anything.

Also, re donations, it's not about the money being pumped in, but what it's being pumped into. There's a lot of "think tanks" and "charities", "human rights organizations" out there that are going to fuck up society beyond recognition... Genuine evil masquerading as a benevolent good.
>>
>>52209292
Creating proprietary specifications instead of using to open standards. Lots of lock in garbage. You should know this.
>>
>>52209218
But anon, don't you know Stallman is the founder of GNU, the core of a great share of great open source software without anti-features.
>>
MS is much bigger cancer than Apple.
>>
>>52209546
MenuetOS was open source.
After seeing what happened there I completely understand why Microsoft software is all closed source.

If the industry wanted open source they could just make the shift to one of the many Linux distros or freebsd.
>>
>>52209586
0/10
>>
>>52202968
Bill Gates did not hate Steve Jobs.
>>
>>52206359
>bill gates movie when
He's not dead yet
>>
>>52209818
remeber the stephen hawking movie?
>>
>>52209670
Linux distros and freebsd would have been a big lot better for the industry. But Microsoft's aggressive marketing, deals with hardware vendors and lock in made them big, not the well informed opinions of the tech literate people.
Why do you think Internet Explorer had and has this huge market share? It's the mentality with all other Microsoft product.
>>
>>52208838
Lol dumbest argument ever. Do you know what a bitcoin is fagel? Its digital. It holds value. Its not copied.

Woops
>>
>>52206283
You bought a new rig. That one grand could've saved a life. You selfish bastard
>>
>>52211560
Nice try, but you don't duplicate a bitcoins value by copying it. You can't keep selling the same bitcoin which is exactly my point.
>>
>>52204165
dumb ass. you have the brain of a fucking worthless slime ball.
>>
>>52208838
Hey milenial, you do understand that in 76 there wasn't digital distribution right?

In addition to development costs there were also massive distribution costs

Now fuck off back to facebook and spam RMS memes so your equally retarded friends will think you're a leet haxxor
>>
I like him, would love to chat with the guy someday
>>
>>52211797
>there wasn't digital distribution
So 90% of the copies were literally stolen from Gates' apartment :^)
Poor guy
>>
>>52202991

So basically you're just jealous because he has more money than you?

What a cuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 1095x662) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 1095x662
>>52204586
>>
>>52206514
What a fucking cuck.
>>
>>52206283
>he made more money for me. I'm jealous and he shouldn't have so much money because it makes me uncomfortable other people have more money than me!

Underage bernie sanders voter pls go
>>
>obligatory "Bill Gates is evil" badly photoshopped image from the early '00s
>>
Bill Gates is successful as fuck, pisses off techno hippies and hippies in general (Pro-GMO, Pro-vaccination), so he gets respect on /g/. After being forced to use Linux or OSX for awhile Bill Gates software can be a fucking godsend, I've never faced as bizarre issues using Windows as I have linux, and it's not a retarded walled garden like Apples software. I think when Windows 2000 came out was really the peak if microsofts competitiveness against other OSes (vulnerability to viruses aside), competing against the shitstain that was mac OS9, and Linux distros nowhere near as polished as Windows 2000.

On the other hand, he is evil, he got IE6 to something like 99% marketshare despite it being a shitty browser by strongarming the competition.
>>
>>52202968
basically as >>52203380 said
he's the Yin to RMS
>>
>>52209292
Weren't around for the days of microsoft before the anti-trust hearing?

Not releasing the APIs for windows to make it harder for third parties to make software for their OS giving their own products an edge.

Purposely fucking with superior competitors like netscape to promote shitty browsers like IE6.

His habit of going around to differant startups and giving them a lowball offer to sell out to microsoft, with the implication if this offer wasn't taken microsoft would use their might to crush them by making a knockoff if the lowball offer was not accepted. Think Hooli from Silicon Valley asking to buy out Pied Piper and trying to crush them by burdening them with things like frivolous lawsuits when they refused, Microsoft was really the one that mastered that technique. Really doesn't help with innovation or competitiveness to do that.
>>
>>52211720
>being this assblasted
>>
>>52214082
So basically Apple today.
>>
>>52214203
Pretty much every big tech company works like this, Microsoft was just the most successful at it.
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.